Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773305
  • Total Topics: 66349
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Lady With Irritable Bowels vs. ESPN  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
The Lady With Irritable Bowels vs. ESPN
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:17:19 pm »
I hope you're ready to read this!

(and for those 16 people that have me on "ignore' I'll just add: SUFFER!)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Just John

Re: The Lady With Irritable Bowels vs. ESPN
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:13:21 pm »
30. On March 30, 2009, plaintiff met with her immediate boss and the Human Resource Director, who told plaintiff that she was being terminated for wilful misconduct. They told plaintiff that the situation was not for discussion and would not be reversed.

Seems a bit harsh just for taking an illicit dump. :D

-John.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »
This seems like a clear cut case of racism to me.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »
This seems like a clear cut case of racism to me.

How so?  I guess taking a poop in the meeting room's garbage bucket could be considered normal. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:48:56 pm »
I worked in the HR department of a huge investment bank and bored out of my mind read all the ex-employee lawsuits.  You might think this lady with the IBS is an unusual case but I discovered every manner of desperation and also weirdness involving all sorts of body fluids and hygiene "issues".  The bank usually settled and for considerably more than this poor lady is asking.  It was just cheaper to fire and pay settlements than to put up with a lot of weirdness.  She should sue for more money!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:19:14 pm »

(and for those 16 people that have me on "ignore' I'll just add: SUFFER!)

Get over yourself. Of the FIFTEEN  (not sixteen) people who have you on ignore, only one is an active member.

One is dead.

Four are permabanned.

And aside from one, the rest haven't logged on in ages.

Grow up.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »
Get over yourself. Of the FIFTEEN  (not sixteen) people who have you on ignore, only one is an active member.

One is dead.

Four are permabanned.

Grow up.

What an ego-killer.  I feel so bad for Phylicia now I almost want to help her out by putting her on ignore.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 12:38:19 am »
Get over yourself. Of the FIFTEEN  (not sixteen) people who have you on ignore, only one is an active member.

One is dead.

Four are permabanned.

Grow up.

Do you need a couple klonopin? It was a joke.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:46:06 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 12:48:54 am »
Do you need a couple klonopin? It was a joke.

I bet they have bad weed on Da Rock.  I wouldn't even ask, just pop them in the mail.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 12:53:55 am »
Considering I've been told that I'm a crazy paranoid about forum sock puppets it's comforting to know that all of the socks felt the need to press the ignore button.  I mean really, what's the point with trolling if you're going to do that?  Just goes to show what psychotics are like.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 01:04:00 am »

Maybe, you know... they uhh, all kicked the bucket.   Maybe you pissed them off so bad they all went into seizures at their terminal at some time or another.  Your right up there with Eldon!!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 01:49:16 am »
She is suing for just $15,000?  I believe it said for damages in excess of $15,000.  Usually, they have a set dollar amount they are suing for.   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:41:47 am »
Considering I've been told that I'm a crazy paranoid about forum sock puppets it's comforting to know that all of the socks felt the need to press the ignore button.  I mean really, what's the point with trolling if you're going to do that?  Just goes to show what psychotics are like.

Yeah, well, that's just the thing. Most of the people doing the ignoring around here are people who have been banned. And most of our members who only have one or two people ignoring them are being ignored by someone who hasn't been here in a long time and also have very low post counts. In other words, they were probably newbies who accidentally hit the ignore button under someone's name next to their post.

I'm trying to figure out how to disable the ignore announcement in people's profile. It looks like it already is disabled, but it's still showing.

In the meantime, ignore it, folks. It means diddly-squat in the majority of cases.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.