Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:47:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 295
Total: 296

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello Ladies a little encouragement  (Read 6714 times)

Offline blacky1980

Hello Ladies a little encouragement
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:50:23 pm »
Hello ladies I am blacky from Houston and I am new to this and all I needed is to hear is other people stories to let me know I am not alone so Thank You. I am a mother of two tested poz in June and taking it one day at a time. I just received my blood work back and I do not need any med. I am currently in college and I am working a fulltime job. I try to avoid stress in my life by staying away from people who tries to put me down. I am just getting involved in church, volunteering at a hiv clinic to let the people know that they are not alone. Let me give you a little advice the more you stay busy and involved in the community is the less you will get depress and think about being poz. People you can make a difference by going to some organizations and encouraging people to get tested and letting the poz. people know that there is still life after testing poz and please just get involved. God has a plan for us all and we all have a certain talent and ask him he will tell you. I will be soon on a film telling my status and motivating the world to get tested and how it can save your life and hoping everybody will be able to see it so be looking out for it. Please be strong we all have our bad days but we just have to be strong. I went to church this sunday and I prayed for us poz people to full fill our every wish some of us want kids, a husband or support from our family members and I believe in god to make it possible all things are possible. I am a friendly outgoing person and if you need a friend to talk to I am here with all open arms. terry4563@sbcglobal.net. Things happen for a reason and you can turn being hiv poz. in a positive way. Remember the more busier you are is the Less stress you will become. Stay strong it's better to know then not to know at all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 05:49:08 pm by blacky1980 »
Blacky1980

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Hello Ladies a little encouragement
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:17:47 pm »
Hi Blacky,

Thanks for your post.  I have been online here posting for about a month, I have been poz since '93.  I have been unemployed and I am waiting for a meteor to hit me and knock some sense into me.  Here I am, at a crossroads, with an opportunity to start over and makes exciting changes in my life as far as a career goes.  I am a numbers girl, the office mgr bookkeeper type, but I can't help but wonder if the health dept would hire me to help educate others?  I almost feel its my duty to reach out, you know?  Its so encouraging to see you here reaching out and offereing to US rather than asking for help for yourself.  Thats very selfless of you, so thank you.  I hope to see you in more future posts!

Cindy

P.S. - Thank you for praying for me, I want a husband, lol!  Don't NEED one, just want one, lol!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 10:03:45 pm »
I am waiting for a meteor to hit me and knock some sense into me. 

P.S. - Thank you for praying for me, I want a husband, lol!  Don't NEED one, just want one, lol!

ML -- you might consider pursuing sitcoms -- writing, producing or acting!

Hey Blacky
Saw a couple of your first posts when you were being "redirected" so to speak. Glad to see you found the PW forum and that you're doing so well in such a remarkably short period of time. You've let no moss grow on your thundering hooves! That volunteering stuff is good medicine and a great reality check.
Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43:54 pm »
Hey Blacky-
  Welcome to the forums.  I've been HIV+ since 1989 (maybe '88, but I was diagnosed in 1989).  I've been on several different cocktails for this nasty virus.  I've been on disability since 1994, when I had the wasting syndrome and got down to 87 lbs. (I'm 5'9").  I've been pronounced dead twice.  Right now I'm completing a bachelor's degree in psychology.  Then I'm only going to work as much as disability allows, as I can't afford to lose the prescription coverage.  Oh, and I've been in recovery (NA/AA) since '89.  I hope you continue in the positive direction you're going.
Betty
(who does NOT want a husband-too much work). ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline viv

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:30 pm »
:) Hello ladies, my name is Vivian. I was referred to this website by accident. Which is quickly becoming a good thing. I see that there is a strong bond between us women that are positive. I became infected about the year 2000. I say about the year 2000 because its still a blur. I had a lot of deaths in my family that year I lost my uncle, aunt, father and my mother in law, in less than 4 months all in a row and just shortly before this was told I had Lyme's disease as well as HIV. So...... after dealing with funerals and all the things that death entails. Slowly I picked up all the teeth I had left (life can kick you in the teeth pretty hard sometimes) I decided that I still wanted to live. I thought that I had lost all the fight I had in me, but I just refused to pity myself.
It took me time to get it together, I had also kicked out my ex- not because of HIV, just because..........(that's another story) oh yeah I also lost my job....(time off for funeral's) so i packed and got out of dodge.
moved to another state (to be close to mom) and have started again.
I don't think that I ever let the HIV intimidate me (I went to DR, got meds, adhere and life goes on) it was the Lyme's. It really makes my bones hurt and the joints swell . It took a long time for SSI to go through, but I got it. ( I also now work out and take my vitamins and really love myself.)
I have fought nail and tooth but now 7 years later I'm still alive and well. I have great friends that are and aren't positive and I plan to go back to college. As far as a long term relationship (met a great guy) and he's looking for a wife, but I want college first.
Ladies I"m not by any way saying that this was easy, I  just decided HIV lives with me and I don't live with it. I try to stay stress free and do what I like and help my community.
My best advice for the newly -  infected is  make up your mind to live and do just that. HIV has a process and you have to walk the walk get over it and go on........
Education about your ailments calm the fears and don't judge the ignorant educate them.
Hows that for encouragement.
Viv

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 11:04:52 pm »
Right Arm, Viv.
Glad to hear such encouraging thoughts, and glad to hear from you.
Sounds like you went through alot, in such a short period of time, and made it through the other side.
Welcome to the other side, as you have found, life is enjoyable, and worthwhile.
As I've said before, this is a disease i'm going to die with, not from.

Good luck to you and all the women who have to deal with everything life throws at us.

much love,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:52:23 pm »
wow, thanks,
hey bett thats amazing going back to school pronounes dead twice. how did you survive!
did the new meds work for you? whats your numbers like?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 05:57:51 pm »
My last numbers were t-cells 500, viral load 90,000.  The meds work.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.