Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 370
Total: 371

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lance Bass comes out, eh?  (Read 11696 times)

Offline ademas

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Re: Lance Bass comes out, eh?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:16 pm »
Oh, please.
I knew he was gay when I was in middle school.
 :D

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:22:40 pm »
And Reichen Lehmkuhl is almost annoyingly wholesome and cute.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 03:37:11 pm »
I thought he was straight. Now Danny Pintauro - that's one I was able to spot 10 miles away

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:25 pm »
well, of course we all knew!!
but what will the next big shocker be?  Clay Aiken??  OMG...not Clay!  NO WAY!
 ;D

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 04:12:40 pm »
No chance of Adam Brody coming out, is there?  :o But one can live in hope.  ::)
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 05:09:25 pm »
It's about damn time she came out of the closet.  Good for you Lancie boy.

Just stay out of the bushes with George Michael.

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 05:20:27 pm »

No big surprise there  ;)

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 07:20:46 pm »
yikes i'm dense  :D

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 07:33:50 pm »
Why can't people just be free to be themselves?   He was afraid he would end the success of his group if he came out.....to me that is so sad.   I know it's a fact in our world, but it's still sad.....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:17:16 pm »
Why can't people just be free to be themselves?   He was afraid he would end the success of his group if he came out.....to me that is so sad.   I know it's a fact in our world, but it's still sad.....

My sister was an insane NSync fan when I was really little. I remember her obsessing over pretty much all of them. If she would've known then that he was gay, she would've been heartbroken.
 :D

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 08:30:20 pm »
I guess that's one of the reasons that used to be given (is still given?) justifying gay male actors who chose/choose to remain in the closet: that if they came out, then women wouldn't fall in love with them, straight men wouldn't be able to identify with them.

One things that's changed though that is straight actors are now totally  comfortable playing gay roles. It almost seems like a rite of passage for an under-30 Hollywood actor these days. Not the case as recently as 20 or 25 years ago.

J.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 08:44:52 pm »
1 down 3 to go (um, 7 if you count the backstreet boys).

Cliff

P.S.- What's with the "very stable relationship" bit?  Does anyone in the entertainment business actually announce that they aren't in a stable relationship, even when they married another star, within 3 days of meeting that person, just after both were released from the same rehab center for getting caught, by their former partners of course, snorting cocaine from their former lover's buttcrack?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 08:50:18 pm »
Sorry that's 4 to go, didn't realize that band actually had 5 members.  If you wanna see the cover of People magazine (where he comes out), visit the website below.  But be warned, the planned cover page is horrible.

Cliff

P.S. (or is it P.P.S. now)- The rumors first surfaced that he may be gay, when he was seen vacationing in Provincetown with his very stable relationship partner, wearing each other clothes over the course of the vacation.  I don't know what's worse, gay men wearing each others clothes or the paparazzi actually having the requisite attention to detail to make note of this.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2006/7/bass.html

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 09:16:11 pm »
He comes off as the most likeable of the bunch.

And is his coming out really a shocker to those close to him?  Please.  Would it be so wrong for someone to stay in the closet because theyre worried about their OWN career?  I dont buy it that he was so worried about the others....maybe it was part of it but is it so wrong to be concerned about himself?

Also, convenient all this publicity comes out now that he is developing a pilot.  Call me a cynic.

But I wish him well and his boyfriend is a hottie.

Im just relieved theyre in a stable relationship.

Offline edfu

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 09:26:38 pm »
IMHO, and according to other long-standing gossip, there is at least one other member--if not two--of 'N Sync who is gay.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 11:19:43 pm »
If you had to guess...what do you think he is into?  :P

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 11:27:06 pm »
Hello ,

I give Lance, a great deal of credit for coming out, He had to have pondered this for a long time, and I am sure it was not an easy decision. It took a lot of courage. I bet theres a whole lot of people on these forums, that wouldn't come out and admit it to the world. Think about it...

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 12:23:37 am »
I'll guess/speculate to the extent that Lance is more of a bottom in the "very stable relationship" and Reichen (formerly Richard) more the top. Just sayin'... and I could be wrong. These things are so hard to decipher these days.  ;)

J.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:05 am »
If you had to guess...what do you think he is into?  :P

I'd guess Reichen (formerly Richard) is into stubby left-of-center artistic types. Who the hell knows

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 09:06:12 am »
eeeww, this seems like just a last grasp for publicity by yet another Has Been Pop Star.
I've seen this go down ( oops ) so many times that its actually becoming predictable...they either:   A) wind up in Rehab after an incident like the one Cliff vividly described,  B) Get Screwed over by Their Manager and wind up broke and selling shit in infomercials, or C) Come Out.  In some cases they hit the 'Has Been Trifecta'  A la' George Michael, Boy George  and Milli and/or Vanilli.

A great movie to pick up about now is 'Harry and Max' about a gay romance between two members of a 'Boy Band'
oh ya, they happen to be brothers.  :o  I believe they have it at Blockbuster and NetFlix....
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 09:21:13 am »
Bet he's had some good fantasies about Timberlake :P

Offline ademas

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 09:57:34 am »
Bet he's had some good fantasies about Timberlake :P

hey, get out of my head!

(I had a few good fantasies about Timbertrunk Timberlake right after he shaved off his mop-head!)

Jokes aside, I do agree with Ray and Alan.  It is kind of sad, and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to "come out" to the entire planet in one fell swoop.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:58 pm »

I wonder how long until Justin Timberlake comes out...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 01:01:18 pm »
Im surprised he didnt come out after the Janet Jackson Tit Shot, It would have definitely redirected the publicity.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 01:56:43 am »

I thought all boy bands were comprised of gay men (boys).  Why is this news?

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 11:36:49 am »
Exactly who is Lance Bass? And even more importantly, why should I care whether or not he is gay?
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 02:04:14 pm »
I'll guess/speculate to the extent that Lance is more of a bottom...

If this is the facts, then I would have to guess it's more in line with an enthusiastic round of "RACE YA TO THE MIDDLE"   :D ::)

Just what I've heard though.  ???
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 07:28:17 pm »

Livingpositively....  are you Lance?  If not I would look to see if maybe you have a long lost twin...the resemblance is there!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 07:42:17 pm »
Now that is one thing I have never been accused of is looking like a member of a boyband.  hehe

Nope, not Lance.
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 09:00:03 pm »
Hello?  Helen Keller would have known that Lance Bass was gay.................DUH!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2006, 02:44:09 pm »
Hello?  Helen Keller would have known that Lance Bass was gay.................DUH!

Ouch! now I feel EXTRA dense!!  :D  :D  :D

Carl: He's part of N'Sync, a [American] pop music boy band

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.