Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:25:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 503
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 438
Total: 439

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Stribild Review  (Read 22037 times)

Offline pr1990

My Stribild Review
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »
Ok, I started Stribild on june 4 2014 with a CD4 at 317, and Viral Load at 1,1 million. I take it everyday at 4:30pm with food.  My next labs to check cd4 and viral load is at july 23.

So far in this 10 days, Stribild has caused me some minor side effects. Most common on me is dizziness (feeling like you're on a boat) some head pressure but not a fully headache, and diarrhea (I have this even before Stribild because HIV was causing me gastrointestinal problems which led doctors to find out that I had HIV, so Im not sure if this diarrhea is because of Stribild itself).  The only time I get nausea was because I swallow the medicine first and then eat... I dont suggest to do that, you will experience nausea, diarrhea (and this one will be because of medicine..) and some fever. So after that lesson, I always swallow the pill after I have eaten all the food, and no nausea comes after.

Will update the post later with my new labs, or if any other side effect presents in the run.

Offline la-hir

Re: My Stribild Review
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:18:25 pm »
Hi pr1990, we started exactly same day with same medication...  ::) is good so fare.. I am just trying figure out what food can eliminate bitter- metallic taste in my mouth, because sometimes I have it sometimes not. I take my pill with breakfast always between 8-9. I am not exact at the time sometimes early and sometimes late but always between 8 and 9 AM I have sometimes pressure in my head, but is always go away in few minutes. I realise, that when I drinking lots of water true the day I feel better. I will have my blood done in Monday. Results 24/6 when I see my DR. One thing make me very nervous and that is Stribild interaction :( I need to use now steroid cream for my eczema and is looks like I shouldn't use it at all.... :( L. X

Offline pr1990

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 05:41:11 pm »
Well, I have not presented the metallic taste that some people talks about, but I dont think changing foods will help with that, food will just taste bad because of the medicine as side effect, like when someone is sick, the food will not taste good no matter what.  However you should verify that mettalic tasting with your doctor, since I didn't read about it on the possible side effects charts, but I have read a lot of post talking about it too, so its not only you. 
About the time to take it, I decided to take it 4:30pm everyday because I was sure I was going to be awake by that time all days... I like to sleep a lot so if I choose 8am like you, my adherence would be terrible if some days I wake up at 1pm... hehe.  Plus my work lunch break is from 3:45pm to 4:45pm so I got the chance to take it at my lunch break with food when at work.

Offline fgh12

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »
Hey guys, congratulations with your brave choice of starting meds.
Like you, I also started Stribild, but about 1 month ago.
It has been a smooth sail till now. I'm getting my viral load and cd4 labs next week.

Pr1990 I think some of your symptoms like are indeed due to your quite high viral load.
However, like most haart meds, diarrhoea could also be due to the Stribild.
If you like on the forum, you will see that most of us that started Stribild had little to no side effects, so I cannot comment on your other side effects.

However, most people adjust to the meds and probably in a few weeks you won't have side effects anymore, I think especially in your case when your viral load starts going down.

Good luck to you both with the treatment!

Offline pointer165

• I like this tribal avatar
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »
21days on Stribild::
My side effects:: trouble sleeping good even with extra Ativan

I know once I've taken my dose( on a high fat meal.. Make a grilled cheese) the next 6-8 hours I'm running to the bathroom to pee/ no diarrhea / at least 6-10 times per hour , so I've increased water intake a bit

The worse us tightening of the chest/ like a panic attack but it's not.. Can't take a reap breath at times.

The last two lasts the 6-8 hours. Just sent off an email to my md

Thanks
TC
Guamanian

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:44:55 am »
For those taking Stribild, have you found all the discussions about drug interactions and boosting many meds, not listed to be red flags, to not be an issue?  Or, have usual doses of other meds before now make you feel like you've taken much more?

Offline AusShep

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:50:04 am »
For those taking Stribild, have you found all the discussions about drug interactions and boosting many meds, not listed to be red flags, to not be an issue?  Or, have usual doses of other meds before now make you feel like you've taken much more?

Jesus dude, have you started yet?  I've been gone a bit...

I've had listed drug boost interactions due to ritonavir before but never noticed anything or had any changes in my bloodwork.

Offline Dan0

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:02:05 pm »

A complete non-issue.
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline la-hir

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 06:00:30 pm »
Hello,

metallic taste gone...  :P great ... dry mouth is better also ....

but last three days I have very bad headache  :'( I am taking my medicine in the morning and headache is come usually around 4 in afternoon
Don't wanna take any other medication so just suffer ... never have that before... is like pressure on side of my head...
Trying drink lots of water also eat lots of water melon, thats no help.  :'(
Would be helpful take my medicine in night though to sleep it ??? 
Other then that don't feel my Stribild...

BTW did you hear about UK trial for Stribild-LIGHT ??? 

L. lots of love! x

Offline pointer165

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »
I had a good day & night yesterday on the Stribild.. It's a strange medication because my side effects do not take over till hours after I take the pill.. I read the package insert of this drug/ specifically says HIGH fat meal.. So I make sure that meal is in my stomach before I take it.. I think this has helped a bit
Thanks
TC
/center]
Guamanian

Offline Dan0

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 06:53:22 pm »
Hello,

metallic taste gone...  :P great ... dry mouth is better also ....

but last three days I have very bad headache  :'( I am taking my medicine in the morning and headache is come usually around 4 in afternoon
Don't wanna take any other medication so just suffer ... never have that before... is like pressure on side of my head...
Trying drink lots of water also eat lots of water melon, thats no help.  :'(
Would be helpful take my medicine in night though to sleep it ??? 

I don't mean to be insulting - but are you sure that you're not drinking TOO much water? It can cause just as strange of a reaction as too many vitamins and supplements.  It just seems odd that taking the medication in the morning would result in a side effect that much later (8 hours plus?).  If you've changed anything in your routine in preparation for side-effects, well, THAT may be causing the side-effects! Even when I made the stupid mistake of double-dosing (and don't laugh, most of us have been there!), the effects hit me within 30 minutes or so - not hours later.

The metallic taste I have encountered rarely and usually it was when I took the pill absolutely *dry*.  If I popped the pill and then went to eat in a few minutes, that taste would sometimes be present.  If I made sure to down it with some liquid (coffee, soda, water), then it seemed as if there wasn't anything to notice. Not a full-on quart of water, just enough to get it down. I don't think that the few times I experience the metallic taste that it was from the absorbtion of the pill but the remnants of the coating in my throat. 
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline pointer165

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 07:04:06 pm »
Water intake:: I count my 8oz of water / never quarts / sometimes I forget to hydrate and that is why I count . I totally agree with you about too much water .. Former Pharmacist here

Thanks
TC
Guamanian

Offline fgh12

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »
Can you give me more info on the Stribild light thing?

I have had a few bad headaches but I don't think it was the stribild.
In fact, I had one yesterday when i woke up on my couch after falling asleep for 6 straight hours and forgetting to take my pill!

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »
Can you give me more info on the Stribild light

I am curious toknow too.  Mobile.eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline la-hir

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »
Hello,
though I figured out what trigger my headache. I am studying or my exam till late night and I think I am just tired... I have had 9 hours sleep last night and - today feel great! :) no headache at all  8)

I need to agree with that Stribild is weird medication... any feeling about tablet in the body is come after hours when you take it. And always least few minutes and after they gone..

I can't wait for my first results next Tuesday.

I have question about Bone density- How long is going to take this will start appear in our bodies?

Stribild light is testing by Liverpool University Hospital. Trial is up to 2016. There is some reduction of Elvitegravir and exchange of Tenofovir with something else.
I found it on Terence Higgins Trust_UK

Thank you guys! Lots of Love! L. x

Offline fgh12

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 08:11:13 pm »
Could you please post or pm the link?
 I'm really curious!

Quad was the name of Stribild in the beginning:
Bone health

According to the FDA, “In previous clinical trials, tenofovir has been associated with bone toxicity, including decreases in bone mineral density.” The occurrence of thinner-than-normal bones (osteopenia) and severely thin bones (osteoporosis) was as follows:

Quad – 1.3%
Atripla – 0%
atazanavir-based regimen – 2.2%
Overall, the proportion of participants with broken bones was less than 1% and distributed as follows:

Quad – 0.4%
Atripla – 0.9%
atazanavir-based regimen – 0.9%
Most of the fractures were mild or moderate in severity.

Study technicians also performed low-dose X-ray scans (called DEXA) of bones to assess their density in a subset of participants:

Quad – 54 participants
atazanavir-based regimen – 66 participants
Overall, small decreases in bone density in the spine and hip occurred. This has happened in other clinical trials and appears to be relatively common in the first year or two of ART. After this time, bone density tends to stabilize.

http://www.catie.ca/en/treatmentupdate/treatmentupdate-191/anti-hiv-agents/quad-safety-and-effectiveness-issues-depth

Offline Waterboy

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »
I started Stribild today a little dizzy and my ears are ringing like tinnitus.I have had it before, years ago has anyone had that.

Offline la-hir

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:10 pm »
Waterboy - exactly!!! I have that my first day.
I also have ears problems one year a go and my first day with Stribild... but is gone away quiet quickly.
fgh12:
http://forum.myhiv.org.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4558

Lots of love! L. x

Offline Waterboy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
Thanks taking my second, I did sleep good last night and almost didn't want to get up but was called in a 5 am

Offline InquisitHIV

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:56 am »
I have also had ear problems,,, way too much wax, having to clean our wet wax regularly with cotton buds,,, never experienced this before!
A man with more than one thing on his mind.

The future belongs to the curious. The ones who are not afraid to try it.
Explore it. Poke at it. Question it. And turn it inside out.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 05:25:26 am »
I have been on Stribild for about a year and am not treatment naive and have found it is one of the easiest meds I've ever taken as far as side effects are concerned.  The only one I ever noticed was nausea the morning after taking it; but only around the start of the med, and only lasting a short period.

I've been on many, many different meds since the early 90's, and know all about meds that cause a large amount of side effects, and Stribild is not one of them.  I do not attribute all the physical "things" I have to Stribild.  While it is good to know the "usual" side effects, I do not obsess over every little thing. As I said, I definitely do not believe every little physical issue I have can be attributed to Stribild. 

The only thing that ever caused me concern is the Truvada's tendency to cause kidney issues, but only because I'm diabetic so am more prone to this.  And when I was a case manager, I had a few clients that had to stop Truvada due to kidney problems.  But, my doctor checks my kidneys every time I get labs (every 6 months), so I am not as concerned.  I believe I have a good doctor.

While it is good to research our meds and know the components of each, what they can cause etc., I do not get all worked up about every little ingredient, aspect, etc.  The reason for me not to do this is because I can develop everything I read about.  I realize others may not experience this.  I do believe in having a partnership with my doctor concerning my care.  I do not rely just on my doctor for everything.  I can't, I've been living with this for far too long to put "all" my trust in the medical community, without relying on my own knowledge and experience.

As I said, Stribild has been one of the best tolerable meds I've ever taken.  I take the Stribild at night, don't watch out for certain foods, and I do take something for GERD.  I would have a discussion with my pharmacist, doctor, if I had certain concerns.  I have never heard of any HIV med causing excessive ear wax.  I would probably attribute that to something else. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Tsolteg

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »
one week Stribild: nightmares, lil bit foggy head, lil head ache and neuropathy issues a increased. Gas gas gas. The many sever side effects while on Complera vanished in <48hrs. Eating and sleeping well. Do have nightmares but they are nothing like Sustiva terrors.
Stay tuned. Only a week. Im assuming and hoping body will settle in.

Offline Lightknight

• No bitter old hag here. I belive..?
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 07:51:23 pm »
Hi all!
Late in here, but maybe of some interest anyway for new starters on stribild

So, Here's my “start-up” story on Stribild.
So far, so good!

I take my pill at 8pm, starting before with some dinner.

On treatment since 02/28-15 CD4 338 24,7% VL 12600

This is what has happened so far:

1 Stomach problem, some light nausea during most days in the first week. Loose stool 2 times, cramp and bad nausea 2 times. First incident at the 3:rd day, second at 8:Th day.
After that, my stomach works better than ever before treatment. Yeah!! :)

2 having some weird, insane thoughts without any meaning, mostly happened some hours after taking meds. Problem gone after the first week.

3 Light itching sometimes during the day, different locations, gone after the first week.

4 Some light acne, gone after the first week.

5 More vivid dreams, nice actually, old lost friends popped up.  Unpleasant dreams just at 2 occasions, no more unusual dreams after week 2.

6 After one week, a feeling of an infection in my left side of the mouth. Gum looks normal though.
A Mouthwash,(nonalcoholic)the doctor gave me at the same time as my eye exploded fixed it.

7 Headache, but not especially bad, comes and goes without pattern. Mostly in the morning. Stopped after 2 weeks.

8 Some days very tired, others with more energy than before taking meds, after 3 weeks still present.

9 Muscle pain and joint pain if I work hard physically one week in to treatment. A feeling of losing muscle force. Arms and legs hurts in the night, better after day 8. Problem gone after 2 weeks.

10 My eyelid vent badly infected at beginning of week 3,(again left side) I had My doctor prescribe some antibiotic cream and the problem was cleared after 5 days.

Now in the end of week 3, the only side effect is tiredness 2-3 times/week in the afternoon, it feels like I must go to sleep.
Red Bull don't work on it.

2-4 hours after taking the tablet, I have a slight feeling of having light fever, but I have not.
It's difficult to adjust thickness of the bedcover to what temperature makes me feel comfortable. As soon as it fades off (quickly),I go into some new sort of deep sleep. Nice in a way, but new to me.
I had more and more tinnitus just before treatment start. Didn't think of it specially, but now it seems to be less and less. Strange, and Good!

In all: GOOD, Do not be afraid to start. Don't delay it as I did.
I totally hated the idea of being dependent on a pill every day, but after accepting my HIV status and the fact that we all are mortal and starting treatment: NO BIG DEAL! It feels absolutely OK today.
The more CD4 you have to start with, the better you will be on treatment.
I'm so waiting for to have safer sex being UD. That self-stigma issue did bothered me.
I will write back here after the next bloodwork.

Best to you all!
/Eric

The absolute biggest majority of humans are by fact in the group of the already dead, and that makes any practicing psychiatric or archaeologist very happy. /Me
In our desperate need of finding a sense of value in our existence, we invented Madonna.
After that the Madonna thing didn't really worked out as good as we hoped, we invented 60 million new artists, IPhone, twitter and Facebook.
Now we're good.. or?

Offline GoForIt

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 04:29:38 am »
As I said, Stribild has been one of the best tolerable meds I've ever taken.  I take the Stribild at night, don't watch out for certain foods, and I do take something for GERD.  I would have a discussion with my pharmacist, doctor, if I had certain concerns.  I have never heard of any HIV med causing excessive ear wax.  I would probably attribute that to something else. 

Betty

Just wondering what do you take for GERD.  I've been reading about that because of my own random stomach issues that just annoy the heck out of me.
08/09/2013  Diagnosed WB positive
08/20/2013  CD4-506(28%)  VL-10,800
09/12/2013  CD4-391(28%)  VL-14,900
09/17/2013  Start ART (Truvada + Tivicay)
10/11/2013  CD4-377(26%)  VL-UD
12/20/2013  CD4-590(??%)  VL-UD
03/18/2014  CD4-660(29%)  VL-UD
07/22/2014  CD4-613(29%)  VL-UD
08/01/2014   Start Phase 3 TAF (Truvada 2.0) Clinical Trial (TAF + Tivicay)
10/09/2014  CD4-498(29.5%) VL-UD
11/06/2014  CD4-600(30.2%) VL-UD
01/30/2015  CD4-529(31.3%) VL-UD
07/25/2015  CD4-742(36.5%) VL-UD
10/06/2015  CD4-765(28.9%) VL-UD
01/05/2016  CD4-907(33.1%) VL-UD
03/24/2016  CD4-770(33.5%) VL-UD
06/20/2016  CD4-850(35.4%) VL-UD

Dr. Mark Wainberg on Dolutegravir:
Video 1: https://youtu.be/wCXOgLJqJAY
Video 2: https://youtu.be/DKiaD7fHO-s

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:11 am »
Just wondering what do you take for GERD.  I've been reading about that because of my own random stomach issues that just annoy the heck out of me.
I take Protonix.  It wirks pretty well.  Sorry ito took me so long to answer.

I will say that if I have an unusually stressful day, I have to drink some Gaviscon.  This was recommended by my pharmacist.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline GoForIt

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 12:36:40 pm »
Thanks I do appreciate your reply and will probably look into this.  I'm always stressing and my stomach always feels uneasy like im starving...it never stops bothering me ya know?  Anyway hope all is well thanks again.
08/09/2013  Diagnosed WB positive
08/20/2013  CD4-506(28%)  VL-10,800
09/12/2013  CD4-391(28%)  VL-14,900
09/17/2013  Start ART (Truvada + Tivicay)
10/11/2013  CD4-377(26%)  VL-UD
12/20/2013  CD4-590(??%)  VL-UD
03/18/2014  CD4-660(29%)  VL-UD
07/22/2014  CD4-613(29%)  VL-UD
08/01/2014   Start Phase 3 TAF (Truvada 2.0) Clinical Trial (TAF + Tivicay)
10/09/2014  CD4-498(29.5%) VL-UD
11/06/2014  CD4-600(30.2%) VL-UD
01/30/2015  CD4-529(31.3%) VL-UD
07/25/2015  CD4-742(36.5%) VL-UD
10/06/2015  CD4-765(28.9%) VL-UD
01/05/2016  CD4-907(33.1%) VL-UD
03/24/2016  CD4-770(33.5%) VL-UD
06/20/2016  CD4-850(35.4%) VL-UD

Dr. Mark Wainberg on Dolutegravir:
Video 1: https://youtu.be/wCXOgLJqJAY
Video 2: https://youtu.be/DKiaD7fHO-s

Offline corkguy

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
Hey lads & lassies,
I am starting my stribild medication on monday (treatment naieve as they say), kinda worried about it, but your posts are really helping to keep the nerves at bay.
I will keep you posted as i now know the true benefits of forums such as these.
Toodles!

healthy, happy, productive & carefree.....repeat after me!

Offline zach

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »
Yall keep in mind that some of what is being called side effects is your body now fighting hiv

Offline corkguy

Re: My Stribild Review - alcahol, etc
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 02:37:42 pm »
Hey, me again!
I forgot to ask yesterday is there any issue with drinking while on stribild? I don't drink much anyway but I am curious.
While i am on the subject, what about smoking weed?
Cheers

Offline zach

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »
i'll tell you about the last few nights... peach moonshine and purple kush

all things in moderation, but drinking and cannabis are fine

maybe... just maybe... vaping or edibles is better than burning

but it's nothing to do with hiv or stribild

Offline corkguy

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:27 am »
Thanks, that made me laugh!
so everything in moderation.............life lesson
took first pill his morning. Here we go!

Offline Lightknight

• No bitter old hag here. I belive..?
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 08:28:40 am »
Hi All!!
Update on test result from 28:Th of Mars -15:

So, one month in to treatment with Stribild and I'm now UD!! Less than 20 copys/ml ;D
Like no side effects.

CD4 up to 366 and I made a mistake with the percentage.
 it was apparently 17.8% when I started, now 21.4% Good!

Downside is that Kidneys seems to suffer a bit, proteinurie Went from 0,07 to 0,23 and rapport albuminuire/cre should be max 2.0 but is 11,67. Not too urgent anyway I hope.
We will see what the doctor say about it.

So to all U that are affraid to start: Just DO IT! it´s soooo liberating to be UD!!

Best to U ALL!!
In our desperate need of finding a sense of value in our existence, we invented Madonna.
After that the Madonna thing didn't really worked out as good as we hoped, we invented 60 million new artists, IPhone, twitter and Facebook.
Now we're good.. or?

Offline corkguy

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 12:17:26 pm »
Hey all, more than 2 weeks into my stribild regimen, to be honest I did not notice any side effects. I have been very busy the last few weeks and that obviously helped to distract me but thankfully, I did not notice anything unusual going on. Hope ye all are doing OK on it.

Offline richardhsmithson

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »
I did a med switch six months ago. I switched from Norvir Reyataz Truvada to stribild. Definitely a great switch. I am not having lydistrophy or gastric problems that I had. I am greatful. In September my cd4 was 276 today 435.... Almost to that five hundred. I am grateful that I have been on this med.

Offline next2u

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 06:45:53 am »
i'll tell you about the last few nights... peach moonshine and purple kush

all things in moderation, but drinking and cannabis are fine

maybe... just maybe... vaping or edibles is better than burning

but it's nothing to do with hiv or stribild

lol zach.

im thinking of switching meds. im currently on atripla and things are good. the other day i was not able to take my meds because i ran out and my pharmacy was closed when i discovered this. for the past few years i have always been one bottle ahead so when i went to get my new bottle it was gone. i freaked out a bit and then smoked a bowl (that would have happened regardless). sunday morning i called my pharmacist and they were able to deliver my meds after a little bit of coercion.

so, sunday morning was great. like, i noticed the difference of not being on atripla in the morning. it was a mild difference but noteworthy none the less. and im not trying to get into a debate about how hard life with hiv is and how grateful we should be for meds but it was awesome. i felt more energetic. my brain felt like it was functioning a bit better. like the fog had cleared a bit.

To keep it 100 i usually feel happy and energetic and all that wonderful stuff about 1-2 hours after waking up. sunday it was right after i woke up. So i setup an appt with my dr and i will discuss this with him soon. the thought of having my medication tied to a meal is a bit of an undesirable but ill take that if i can wake up feeling the way i felt sunday more often.

i was so much closer to working out that day :)

I am still learning as much as i can about stribild and coming here is always a blessing. anything else pop up in anyone's stribild adventures?
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline corkguy

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 06:16:31 am »
Hey All,

I'm just about 2 months into my stribild regimen and all seems to be going well.

Got Diagnosed in early jan - my first set of figures are below.
Started Stribilf approx 2 months ago (56 days to be exact)
Stats so far
1)09 Jan 2015 CD4 1067 VL 40,000
2)20 Mar 2015 CD4 1086 VL wasn't checked - started stribild
3)20 Apr 2015 CD4 1276 VL 242

All my numbers seem to be going in the right direction. No obvious side effects from stribild, possibly indigestion but that could be down to my diet as well ( been eating bread lately).

Hope you all are having similar positive journeys?

Offline next2u

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »
awesome corkguy.

i spoke with a friend recently and they enjoyed the switch. he was on atripla before and had trouble sleeping at night. now that he is on stribild that is no longer an issue. i dont have issues sleeping and atripla has been pretty much an non-issue for me.

i asked him about the meals and pills. he said it had been easy. one day he didnt have a meal with his pill and he said he got really nauseous and ended up throwing up. i was under the impression the food helps increase the medicine's efficacy/potency.

well, i always eat so this shouldnt be an issue. I tend to be a little hungry at night (sometimes munchies, sometimes not ;)) and i avoid overly caloric food cause it makes me more loopy in the mornings. i take atripla before i go to bed at night and always make sure to stay away from fatty or heavily caloric foods at least an hour before or after taking my medicine. guess the meds and food are tied together one way or another.

i dont know if i would take stribild after dinner or after a light meal later in the evening. i believe the calories required are somewhere in the 400+ caloric meal range.

thanks again and have a wonderful day  :P
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline corkguy

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:27 am »
Hey guys. gals and all in between

Started stribild on 30th march 2015

Disgnosed dec 2014, VL 40,000 CD4 1,006.
My last review was in october VL 42 and CD4 1,406.

Numbers - all good!

I hope everyone is getting on well with their meds and in general!

Offline corkguy

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:46 am »
Hello Ldas & Lassies,
I hope everyone is doing well on their meds.
My latest results are great, thankfully.
March 07 2016
VL <20
CD4 1577
Happy Days!
Thats all

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 11:50:37 am »
WOW.

Wish you could share some of the CD4's as you seem to have enough to spare :-)
Excellent stuff.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline bigsur123

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 04:09:44 pm »
I started Stribild today a little dizzy and my ears are ringing like tinnitus.I have had it before, years ago has anyone had that.

Yes I have had ringing in 1 ear a few weeks afters starting it.
It's not the worst- more noticeable when I try to go to sleep.
I also have a weird tingling or feeling a a little bug crawling around my ear on the same ear.
Weird.

PS Ear doc doesn't "see anything" and no hearing loss to note. :-(

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.