Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV risk?  (Read 9911 times)

Offline krugar

HIV risk?
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »
Hello

I have had and oral sex with an female sex worker. All the time i had an condom on.
Between the oral sex i have tuched her vagina with my fingers and after that i have licked those fingers. We didnt have vaginal or anal sex (i was to drunk).

Two days after this i have had an unprotected sex with my GF. Ten day after this sex with my GF she got pretty sick. Sore troath, bad cough, "runnig nose". No fever, no rash, no fatigue. She scared me when she said to me that she wasnt so sick  in her life before.
Now 17 days have past from my advature with sex worker. I am fine. I have been aslo tested 3 months ago (because of work). Negative. And i know my GF istn HIV positive. We have been together for 16 years.

I have read your forum and know risk is low (i also live in Slovenia were HIV isnt very spread out. Around 50 HIV+ per year on 2 mio people.But the girl was from Dominican Republic)
All those events, dates and the fact that she was a sex worker just wont gave me any peace.

Are my concers needless?

Thk 4 the answer.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: HIV risk?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:15:19 pm »
Kruger,

Yes, your concerns are needless and no, you were not at risk for hiv infection.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is not a risk for hiv infection.

Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection.

Licking vaginal fluids off your fingers is not a risk for hiv infection. Giving a woman oral sex is also not a risk for hiv infection.

Sexually speaking, the ONLY proven risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did NOT have intercourse.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

You could not have given your girlfriend hiv when you do not have hiv yourself.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline krugar

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:09:50 am »
Thk 4 quick replay.

I got this info from my doctor. He said to me that i could touched my eyes, penis (head) with those fingers. And that she also could have some wounds in her mouth. And i could get infected.  :-\

Do you know if there are any HIV+ persons that got infected with oral sex or fingering?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:25 am »
Your doctor is completely wrong.

There have been NO documented instances of transmission through fingering or cunnilingus.

HIV is a VERY fragile virus. It does not withstand oxygen, temperature change, or pH fluctuation.

It grieves me that even today, medical practitioners remain so ignorant about HIV transmission - and remain arrogant enough to spout misinformation as though they were not ignorant. It is NO shame to admit to not knowing something. I only wish they taught that level of humility in medical schools.

There is NO WAY this was ANY FORM of an HIV risk.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline krugar

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:51:53 am »
Pls let me just ask you few more things (because there arent much HIV+ cases in our country local doctors dont know everything about HIV. First HIV ambulance is 3 hour drive from my town).

Is 10 days to early for ASR?
Her menstruation isnt on time (is this also 1 of ASR symptom)?

And i also have read this topic:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=36877.0

This man got infected with oral sex?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:22:03 am by krugar »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:45:51 am »
Kruger,

Yes, your concerns are needless and no, you were not at risk for hiv infection.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is not a risk for hiv infection.

Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection.

Licking vaginal fluids off your fingers is not a risk for hiv infection. Giving a woman oral sex is also not a risk for hiv infection.

Sexually speaking, the ONLY proven risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did NOT have intercourse.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

You could not have given your girlfriend hiv when you do not have hiv yourself.

Ann

Stop bothering yourself unnecesarily. Ann has answered your concerns. You were not at risk. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline krugar

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:02:24 am »
Sorry i have nowhere to ask about this.

Could you pls answer my questions?

Is 10 days to early for ASR?
Her menstruation isnt on time (is this also 1 of ASR symptom)?

And i also have read this topic:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=36877.0

This man got infected with oral sex?

Offline krugar

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 04:32:27 pm »
Anyone?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 04:36:13 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. Yes, 10 days would be early.

You would do well to stay out of the other forums as clearly you are just using them to feed your worst fears. Your situation has been carefully considered and evaluated as a non-risk. You don't have to accept that. You can go ahead and get tested and collect the inevitable negative result ifyou need to do that for your peace of mind.
Andy Velez

Offline krugar

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »
Hello again

Dunno if i can ask this here but i will try and pls if you could answer me.

1.How is with sports an HIV? If you are HIV+ (4 months after infection) can you do sport like 10 hours per week? (or you get to tired?)

2. How fast after infection skin problems emerge? (what kind of an rahses do you get)? I dont mean rash with ARS.

thk 4 answers

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
Hello again

1.How is with sports an HIV? If you are HIV+ (4 months after infection) can you do sport like 10 hours per week? (or you get to tired?)

2. How fast after infection skin problems emerge? (what kind of an rahses do you get)? I dont mean rash with ARS.

thk 4 answers
You do not have an HIV concern.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 06:26:46 pm »

Hello again

thk 4 answers

I have had AIDS since 1994, HIV since 1993. Last year I went whitewater rafting, ziplining, and skydiving.  This year I have returned to the gym three plus days a week for weight training. I go rollerblading and ice skating, and get tired at roughly the same rate as my friends who do the same. I'm actually starting to get into the best shape of my life, or at the very least heading towards the shape I was in ten years ago :)

I get rashes. I got a nasty rash from poison oak a few years ago. Also, had a rash when I was given a sulfa drug (which apparently you can become sensitive too) but it went away with antihistamine.

HIV/AIDS will ONLY present itself with a specific rash when you are seroconverting. Technically, HIV isn't even responsible for that. It's your body, producing an immune response to HIV, that does it. And not everyone gets it - I didn't. That rash goes away once the body has finished producing antibodies.

I honestly think you are missing the point, which is that you had no risk to begin with. No one has EVER been documented as having gotten HIV from giving a woman oral sex. You are not going to make history.

*modified to remove unwanted quotations

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline krugar

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »
Thk 4 replay.

Pls correct me if i am wrong. A person is seroconverting 2-6 weeks after infection?

Can you squeeze "Hiv rash"?

I know i didnt have any risk. I would like to learn more about HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:38 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days.

All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a risk.

"Squeeze the rash"? No. It's a flat, dry rash if it appears at all.
Andy Velez

Offline krugar

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »
So if you get the rash you will get it within 6 weeks after a risk? And after that there are no chances of geting a rash.

I this only 1 rash or more (more rashes on erea)?

And if you are positeve and you dont know about this, what kind of an health problems do you have and when do they emerge? (Lets say that this person didnt have any major health before infection)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »
Krugar, I am not continuing this round of questions with you. You did not have a risk. Period.

If you want to get tested just for your peace of mind to collect the inevitable negative result, then do that.

But I will not partake of this ongoing outpouring of questions when in fact we're talking about a non-risk situation.

Cut it out and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:33 pm »
If you want to know more about HIV infection, I urge you to read through the multiple "LESSONS" on this site. These lessons explain what HIV is, what AIDS is,and what can happen if HIV infection goes untreated.

People with HIV, if under medical treatment and successfully taking HIV medication, are more likely than not to live happy, healthy, and long lives without progressing to AIDS. They are also far less likely to transmit the virus to others.

Welcome Thread

Offline krugar

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 05:03:29 am »
I have read a lot on internet about HIV.

But i didnt found any specific answers on my questions.

So pls if you could answer me.

thk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:45 am »
Krugar,

You didn't find any specific answers to your questions because there aren't any specific answers.

What's important in your case is that you did not have a risk for hiv infection. Therefore your questions are irrelevant anyway.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline krugar

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:50 am »
Sorry i just tought i could get my answers here.  :-\ :-X

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:20:50 am »
The only answers we have regard HIV infection. That, fortunately, is not your path.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 08:41:10 am »
Krugar,

As you have been repeatedly told, you have not had a risk for hiv infection.

The only other thing that can be added to the discussion is what you need to know in order to continue to not have risks for hiv infection.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER FINGERING, GETTING A BLOWJOB OR CUNNILINGUS, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline krugar

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 03:08:15 pm »
Pls give me just this answer.

You can get shipfilis true oral sex (woman-man and man-woman).
Is it possible to get HIV with inittal  shipfilis infection?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »
Krugar,

Yes, you can get SYPHILIS  from oral contact. That does not change the fact that you have not had a risk for hiv infection.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline krugar

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 08:47:02 am »
Sorry it is me back again.

I know you told me that my situation was not risky. This was in January 2012.

But i sept 2011 i have had an protected sex with two female sex workers in same night. (separated). As far as i remember the condom did not brake.
I got tested 24 days after the incident. The test was negative. They use 3. and 4. generation tests (ELISA) and they also tested me on p24 protein. All negative.
I was also tested for Chlamydia and also negative.

So to my problem. Now after 6 months i am getting strange health problems.
Two months ago i got oral thrush (one white lesion on my gum). It went away after 4 days. After 2 weeks it came back (two white lesion on my gum). I past two months i got fungus (little red spots) on my penis (head).TWICE!!
My both wrist are  itchy and i fell pain in my right wrist. I do a lot of sports (cycling 10 hours per week). I am also getting to notice that i am more tired after my ride.

After i look at my symptoms (thrush, fungus, tired after work out) and check it on internet they are all  symptoms of HIV.
I will go to test again. But i can do it in 2 weeks. I have to leave country for 2 weeks on monday (buissnes).

The HIV specalist told me that my incidnet was not risky.
But all of this symptoms wont give me any peace.

Could i got HIV from what i describe?
What if the condom had a failure? What would the risk be then?

Pls help me trough this 2 weeks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 09:12:53 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 09:25:39 am »
You should be discussing whatever symptoms you have with your doctor. You did not have a risk for HIV. There is nothing we can do for you here.

If you continue to return here with HIV worries that have no basis in science, you are going to get a Time Out from the site. HIV is not the problem. Period. Just because you have not had an explanation for your symptoms does not mean HIV is the issue. It isn't.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.