Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:23:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 215
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The "Be Disease Free" demand  (Read 18279 times)

Offline Rockin

The "Be Disease Free" demand
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:54:12 am »
I was browsing a dating website the other day from London and thought it was so funny that many of the guys I saw there included this demand (amongst many many others):

"BE DISEASE FREE"

I thought it was hysterical. Now how the hell will you know that for sure? And, most important of all, how the hell will **I** know that the guy is also disease free? Isn't it better and easier to just play it safe? It's weird because you don't see that demand on Brazilian profiles, guys just ask to play it safe and that's it...and here I was thinking that guys from London would have, let's say, better common sense.

Will a blood test be required before a possible date or fast-fuck? Should we go to the doctor before our date?

So hot.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: The "Be Disease Free" demand
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:34 am »
I saw a profile the other day and the profile pic was a guy looking up through a toilet seat inviting men to come and use the seat for him . He also was looking for disease free guys to poop on him along with no fats , fems , Asian or black guys . I'm never shocked by anything I see online anymore , just amused at the stupidity of it sometime .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rockin

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »
I saw a profile the other day and the profile pic was a guy looking up through a toilet seat inviting men to come and use the seat for him . He also was looking for disease free guys to poop on him along with no fats , fems , Asian or black guys . I'm never shocked by anything I see online anymore , just amused at the stupidity of it sometime .

LOL! What these guys don't realize is that...ok, so let's say I bring my last blood test which states I'm STD free...that test is from May. Who's to say I didn't contract anything since my last blood test?

I think most of the time they just want to listen "Yeah, I'm disease free", even if they know you might be lying.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:30:21 pm »
What you are reading in these cruising for sex ads is people who haven't come to terms with the concept of what safe sex is and personal responsibility to make it so .

Some people still live in a world where they choose to believe other people should shoulder the responsibility for they're sexual health instead of doing what it takes to remain HIV negative .

Just look at all the threads here in this forum written by HIV poz people wanting to know how many loads they can take without getting a scorching case of the mythical super infection or wanting to test they're own jizz to see how infectious it is before they bestow it on the general population . Rarely do you see any mention of syphilis , chlamydia or hepatitis when you read all these whats the least I can get by with safe sex wise threads .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rockin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
What you are reading in these cruising for sex ads is people who haven't come to terms with the concept of what safe sex is and personal responsibility to make it so .

Some people still live in a world where they choose to believe other people should shoulder the responsibility for they're sexual health instead of doing what it takes to remain HIV negative .

Just look at all the threads here in this forum written by HIV poz people wanting to know how many loads they can take without getting a scorching case of the mythical super infection or wanting to test they're own jizz to see how infectious it is before they bestow it on the general population . Rarely do you see any mention of syphilis , chlamydia or hepatitis when you read all these whats the least I can get by with safe sex wise threads .   

Precisely. And that's exactly why the "trust nobody" rule applies for not only online dating but any kind of dating.

I can't risk getting another STD so there's no way in hell I will have bareback sex with some guy I just met, it doesn't matter how many blood tests he shows me.

Clusterfuck of stupidity.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
IMHO the DDF-UB2 line is an indicator of stunted emotional growth, coupled with an impotent rage at being considered a minority class.

Here in my little corner of the USA, I see it most often online from white guys guys 30-50.

I would love to see a study done on the demographics, especially considering most of the people who ask for DDF-UB2 saw at least SOME, if not most, of the awful parts of the pandemic in developed countries. The cognitive dissonance and refusal to accept personal responsibility is intriguing. I would consider conducting a study along those lines, if only I think for a second I could avoid smacking them, each and every one.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Rockin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 01:00:34 pm »
IMHO the DDF-UB2 line is an indicator of stunted emotional growth, coupled with an impotent rage at being considered a minority class.

Here in my little corner of the USA, I see it most often online from white guys guys 30-50.

I would love to see a study done on the demographics, especially considering most of the people who ask for DDF-UB2 saw at least SOME, if not most, of the awful parts of the pandemic in developed countries. The cognitive dissonance and refusal to accept personal responsibility is intriguing. I would consider conducting a study along those lines, if only I think for a second I could avoid smacking them, each and every one.

IMO:

a) Those guys are probably constantly scared of getting infected because they fuck a lot of different guys online, even if they do use condoms. We all know how some people are suspicious of condoms. So it's almost like an attempt to confort themselves.

b) And precisely because they fuck a lot, they want to show YOU that "Hey, even if I do fuck a lot I'm disease free because i specify on my profile that I only want disease free guys. You can trust me".

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »
I think we should debate about this.

After all, there are threads about AIDS and barebacking there.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rockin

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 01:06:34 pm »

I loved these one:

"Any tips for showing your gayness?"

"How straight/gay does my voice sound?"

Jesus fuckin Christ lol.

Offline Rockin

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:23 pm »

Start a thread there then and let the games begin.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »
The amount of information and resources devoted to enlightening and enticing people to have safe sex and take responsibility are staggering .

I say you can lead a whore to water but ya cant make em douche .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rockin

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:11 pm »
The amount of information and resources devoted to enlightening and enticing people to have safe sex and take responsibility are staggering .

I say you can lead a whore to water but ya cant make em douche .     

Sometimes I cut people some slack...putting a latex cap on your dick is far from normal and sex is not a rational thing at all. So enticing people to have safe sex will always be a struggle, even 100 years from now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:22:32 pm by Rockin »

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »
Start a thread there then and let the games begin.

I actually was adding on another example to what JK already pointed out; the need for some people to set up divisive categories because they have an in-bred hatred and inability to being able to cope with what they are, especially as members of a certain minority class which many people look down on for whatever reason.

Straight-looking and straight-acting yet some will suck a dick quicker than a whore turning a $5 trick  ::)

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »
DDF - UB2  is a great way to lull the gullible into not even thinking or asking about condoms during a hookup.

If one were so inclined.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Rockin

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »
DDF - UB2  is a great way to lull the gullible into not even thinking or asking about condoms during a hookup.

If one were so inclined.

I actually talked to one of those guys just to see how it would go.

He: "Are you disease free?"

Me: "Last time I checked yeah, I was. But I'm not into bareback at all"

He: "Cool, I'm disease free also and I do use condoms"

And that's all it took. Just my word for it, online. Don't plan to meet him, just wanted to see his response.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 02:40:27 pm »
It is possible to wear rose tinted spectacles on your dick - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:33 pm »
Simply respond that you have a 10" uncut monster, DDF won't matter. :o
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:17 pm »
It's weird because you don't see that demand on Brazilian profiles, guys just ask to play it safe and that's it...and here I was thinking that guys from London would have, let's say, better common sense.

Honey you need to get out more.  Then again, maybe not, if this dire state of affairs is going to bring you down.  :o

Disease Free is so common in the USA and all over Europe.  Online just this weekend a couple in Geneva invited me to come over to bb the twink.  I disclosed and told them no thanks in one message. The twink was the one writing. He said the usual, "we don't want to take that risk".  I wrote back saying I already said no, and the blah blah blah info, nice enough, that in fact they put themselves at risk, and put others at risk, every time they barebacked with everyone involved assuming they were still "disease free".   Well I couldn't resist telling him too that HIV+ guys who know, and are undetectable, aren't HIV spreaders.

Typical cognitive dissonance response - confusion, then extreme anger at me for just about everything wrong in the world.   

And then my typical response (to myself) -- Why the f*ck did I waste my time trying to educate a bit. 

Just remember - people can be very stupid, gays in HEAT are no exception, and stupid people can be incredibly stubborn. 

And people in denial are very hard nuts to crack.

"They are just getting the sex they want."   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:19:08 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »
Simply respond that you have a 10" uncut monster, DDF won't matter. :o

Yeah that might be the best solution for such matters!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 03:50:59 pm »

Excellent comments, thank you.

I have long dreamed off a Reality show that accepted the offer, (I have now incorporated the 10 in dick idea ) arrived with very hot guy and proceeded to have safe sex discussion , pointing out the many errors off there ways.
This could escalate by degrees to a megaphone outside slammed door if so required .

The dumb thing is it still makes me so mad.
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 04:00:18 pm »
In the country in Latin America where I currently live I have never seen anyone writing in their profile anything equivalent to DDF UB2. And I have read a lot of profiles on different websites...
Some guys explicitly state that they only want to play it safe but that's it.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 04:11:54 pm »

Geez, I've never heard of or visited this straightacting.com web site before, but from a quick look, the self-loathing there is rampant.  Dividing themselves into a separate category of "straight acting" is just a coping mechanism to make themselves feel like they are not like the rest of us gays who swish and lisp constantly.   ::)

It's a similar division for the DDF UB2 crowd.  It's another misguided coping mechanism that helps delude themselves into thinking they are not like those other AIDS-infected faggots.  They also think it absolves them of any need for personal responsibility, and have the worry-free sex life to which they feel so entitled.  Talk about deluded!

While not all of these "DDF UB2" folks are barebacking, many are.  I fully realize that the use of condoms is hardly natural, requires constant messages to reinforc, and for many just interferes with sex too much.  So if you're going to bareback, why not just be honest about it and accept the risk you are taking, rather hide behind "DDF UB2"?   That would require a certain level of maturity and self-acceptance that I don't find very much these days.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 05:25:07 pm »

Wow. Im amazed at the shit they discuss over there. Poor souls. Had no clue people were starting to align themselves this way in such an organized fashion.

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 05:25:58 pm »
Parents shouldn't name they're boys Mary if they want them to grow up and be all straight acting and stuff .

More pearls of wisdom from Jeff . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 06:40:55 pm »

That describes a chancre perfectly ;)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 06:42:24 pm »
Just remember - people can be very stupid, gays in HEAT are no exception, and stupid people can be incredibly stubborn. 

In heat, I find, often = methed out.

Welcome Thread

Offline Rockin

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 07:02:38 pm »
In the country in Latin America where I currently live I have never seen anyone writing in their profile anything equivalent to DDF UB2. And I have read a lot of profiles on different websites...
Some guys explicitly state that they only want to play it safe but that's it.

I know! That's what am I saying, why is that? Funny, education and literacy levels in European countries are way better than in Latin American countries...so one would assume that people there are more well-informed on these matters and, I don't know...less stupid!

Although, on a lot of Brazilian profiles you see other dumb stuff like people putting pictures of their cocks and asses and then writing a text next to them with a poem or lyrics and saying how they really want to find true love. LOLZ

Offline Rockin

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
Disease Free is so common in the USA and all over Europe.  Online just this weekend a couple in Geneva invited me to come over to bb the twink.  I disclosed and told them no thanks in one message. The twink was the one writing. He said the usual, "we don't want to take that risk".  I wrote back saying I already said no, and the blah blah blah info, nice enough, that in fact they put themselves at risk, and put others at risk, every time they barebacked with everyone involved assuming they were still "disease free".   Well I couldn't resist telling him too that HIV+ guys who know, and are undetectable, aren't HIV spreaders.

Would they require some sort of proof that you were disease free? Last test? Or would they take your word for it? If that's the case, then maybe they could be the ones with some disease as well.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Would they require some sort of proof that you were disease free? Last test? Or would they take your word for it? If that's the case, then maybe they could be the ones with some disease as well.

Rockin, you have to realize that Disease Free to most faggots is coded language for not being pozzed up.  Like many have already said on this thread, none of them ever think of the other STDs one can get, other than aids.

You'd be surprised that there are people looking to be fucked bareback in this day and age that will post that they are looking to be bred (meaning they are looking to take raw loads up the ass), but will also post that they are DDF in the same sentence.

Wow. Im amazed at the shit they discuss over there. Poor souls. Had no clue people were starting to align themselves this way in such an organized fashion.

-WIll

Amazing, ain't it?  Henry hit it right on the head:

Geez, I've never heard of or visited this straightacting.com web site before, but from a quick look, the self-loathing there is rampant.  Dividing themselves into a separate category of "straight acting" is just a coping mechanism to make themselves feel like they are not like the rest of us gays who swish and lisp constantly.   ::)

It's a similar division for the DDF UB2 crowd.  It's another misguided coping mechanism that helps delude themselves into thinking they are not like those other AIDS-infected faggots.  They also think it absolves them of any need for personal responsibility, and have the worry-free sex life to which they feel so entitled.  Talk about deluded!

While not all of these "DDF UB2" folks are barebacking, many are.  I fully realize that the use of condoms is hardly natural, requires constant messages to reinforc, and for many just interferes with sex too much.  So if you're going to bareback, why not just be honest about it and accept the risk you are taking, rather hide behind "DDF UB2"?   That would require a certain level of maturity and self-acceptance that I don't find very much these days.

Regards,

Henry

Past regimens

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »

Yes that is the point I explained to this young man and of course it blew his gaskets.

It is what it is.  In the grand scheme, it just shows that every culture and every nation has its advantages and disadvantages. 

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »
In the grand scheme, it just shows that every culture and every nation has its advantages and disadvantages.

I very much agree. You might find lines like "DDF UB2" in profiles in many countries but still, each culture deals somewhat different with that topic.
(Likewise, there was a recent article that found that blacks in the US less frequently address the topic HIV before engaging in sex. But at the same time they use condoms more consistently.)

Offline drewm

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »
I like the posts that say:

POZ/POZ friendly. Please know your status and if you want to cum in me, please be UD and on meds. Thank you!
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline elf

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:42 pm »
''Be disease-free'' is still better than ''be clean''  :o

When I had a Manhunt account, I had: HIV ''ask me'' on my profile,
and no one has ever asked me about my status. But, I chatted mostly with Italians, Spanish, Brazilians and Argentines (I have never hooked up with any of them, and I closed my account 3 months ago)...I haven't had sex for 4 years now (well ever since my diagnosis) because I think I'm not ready...maybe in a year or two, who knows... I would be kinda scared to have sex with people in my country although there are no disclosing laws (if I disclose, they'll say: no way, and will spread ''news'' all across the country, only 4 million people here, and most M2M know each other), and I'm not a kind of guy who travels for sex (although Hungary is just 2 hours by car, and it has one of the hottest European guys  :D)...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:19:44 pm by elf »

Offline Rockin

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »
''Be disease-free'' is still better than ''be clean''  :o

When I had a Manhunt account, I had: HIV ''ask me'' on my profile,
and no one has ever asked me about my status. But, I chatted mostly with Italians, Spanish, Brazilians and Argentines (I have never hooked up with any of them, and I closed my account 3 months ago)...I haven't had sex for 4 years now (well ever since my diagnosis) because I think I'm not ready...maybe in a year or two, who knows... I would be kinda scared to have sex with people in my country although there are no disclosing laws (if I disclose, they'll say: no way, and will spread ''news'' all across the country, only 4 million people here, and most M2M know each other), and I'm not a kind of guy who travels for sex (although Hungary is just 2 hours by car, and it has one of the hottest European guys  :D)...

Elf man, how do you do it? I can't go a month without sex without going bananas. Why do you feel you're not ready?

PS: I do think is VERY worthy to have a 2 hour trip to Hungary. 

Offline Rockin

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 11:28:30 pm »
Rockin, you have to realize that Disease Free to most faggots is coded language for not being pozzed up.  Like many have already said on this thread, none of them ever think of the other STDs one can get, other than aids.

You'd be surprised that there are people looking to be fucked bareback in this day and age that will post that they are looking to be bred (meaning they are looking to take raw loads up the ass), but will also post that they are DDF in the same sentence.

But that's the thing: the guys are asking for disease free men but they are willing to wear a condom. That's the mind-boggling aspect of this...maybe they like to swallow and are afraid of it? Not sure. The whole thing is just so stupid.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »
Hell, I waited three months after diagnosis.

Dry spells suck. Or they don't, which is the root (!) of the problem.

I wish people in general would chill the hell out about sex and it's morality. If a person has a low sex drive naturally, then I totally get that. But to subvert your sex drive due to a virus? That's nuts. Hehe. Nuts.

My own views on sex are complicated, obviously.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 04:23:22 am »

Where can I get a pair to fit my vajayjay?

That describes a chancre perfectly ;)

Naw, I think it would look more like one of those joke pairs of glasses with a big fake nose and sometimes a mustache as well. Only instead of a nose, you'd have rose lenses and a (your own) dick.  I want a pair that will sit on my bush. ;D

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 01:58:11 pm »
I bet at least half of those that say be disease free are poz and just using reverse psychology, basically lies and playing guys at their own games to get guys. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 06:31:15 pm »
I bet at least half of those that say be disease free are poz and just using reverse psychology, basically lies and playing guys at their own games to get guys.

You are saying, 50% of the people saying DDF u b 2 are in fact positive, know it, and lying?  Sweetie, that sounds like the AIDS MONSTERS stereotype.  I don't buy it.  But I do agree some are probably positive and don't now it yet! 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »
I want a pair that will sit on my bush. ;D

For some strange reason I think I might want to see this ^

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »
For some strange reason I think I might want to see this ^

The reason, it is not strange.

Welcome Thread

Offline elf

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »
As for the window period:
1) people want it to be 0, so they can know right after the intercourse they've been infected, but at the same time
2) they want to try PEP

and these 2 are exclusive one of another,,,you test positive when HIV is already infiltrated in your body...you take PEP while you're still negative on all tests (in the 1st 48 hours), to keep negative..

So, ''be disease free'' can be tricky...
90% cases of HIV transmission occurs in people who believe they're ''disease free''.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:58:04 pm by elf »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 03:09:57 am »

and these 2 are exclusive one of another,,,you test positive when HIV is already infiltrated in your body...you take PEP while you're still negative on all tests (in the 1st 48 hours), to keep negative..

Not quite.

You test positive when your body has created antibodies, which takes between two and four weeks in most cases.

You take PEP to stop hiv in its tracks before it can replicate out of control due (in part) to the lack of antibodies. Out of control replication is a feature of primary infection, hence the sky-high viral load most newly infected people have.

If you can stop hiv replication before it becomes entrenched in any reservoirs, then you stand a good chance of testing hiv negative once you've completed the 28 day PEP regimen. This is why PEP must be started as soon as possible, and no later than 72 hours. Within 24 is best.

PEP extends the three month window period for a conclusive negative result by 28 days, so essentially the window period is four months.

So guys, any ideas how to get the message out that serosorting only works for us pozzies?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:08 am »
So guys, any ideas how to get the message out that serosorting only works for us pozzies?

Well the message does not work if delivered during the heat of the cruising.

Has to be when the heat is off.  When and where will the people who need the message and the people who can deliver it meet in a conducive situation? 

I know gay guys, who believe themselves to be still HIV- and have their heads in the sand out of fear or sheer stubborn insistence they have the right to the unsafe sex they want, are not en easy audience. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:23:19 pm by mecch »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »
I was cruised strenuously on Locust Street yesterday and I didn't succumb to the heat.

The funniest part was that I later ran into him at my HIV pharmacy -- NO DISCLOSURE NECESSARY!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rockin

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:04 pm »
I was cruised strenuously on Locust Street yesterday and I didn't succumb to the heat.

The funniest part was that I later ran into him at my HIV pharmacy -- NO DISCLOSURE NECESSARY!

Well that saves a lot of trouble doesn't it? It's kind of a romantic tale..."We met at our local HIV clinic, love at first sight"

Offline mecch

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2012, 02:00:21 pm »
I am not sure if there are hoards and hoards of (supposedly HIV-) gay men who fit the category of DDF U B 2 for the purposes of serosorting for barebacking.  I mean they exist.  But it seems like a smaller, fetish category on the meat market.

I believe there are hoards of HIV- gay men (or who assume they are) who say DDF U B 2  and ALSO have safe sex. They just don't want to have any sex with HIV+ guys, period.   Probably some of them hope to find an HIV- boyfriend, and then have unsafe sex in the couple...   That's another can of worms of course.

DDF U B 2 and safe sex, and just don't want to screw with HIV+ guys, who cares. I mean people have the right to the partners they want, right?   

I was never that guy, having dated HIV+ guys from the 80's on, and being HIV-.  I never had those restrictions.  But tons of guys do.  And a lot of guys in this forum cop to being the same when they were HIV-.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:04:32 pm by mecch »

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 02:42:59 pm »
I very much agree. You might find lines like "DDF UB2" in profiles in many countries but still, each culture deals somewhat different with that topic.

Yeah, speaking of cultural difference- guess what I've seen on gay hookup sites in my part of the world: "Please be clean. I have a wife."  ::)

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »
Forgive me if this article has already be posted. I thought it was kind of interesting.

http://gawker.com/5935651/please-dont-infect-me-im-sorry

Offline Rockin

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:13 pm »
DDF U B 2 and safe sex, and just don't want to screw with HIV+ guys, who cares. I mean people have the right to the partners they want, right?   

Sure, we all have a right to be picky. The stupidity of it all, however, is that some guys will just take your word for it. I think they assume HIV+ will be skinny and with rashes all over their bodies. If you look healthy and say "No, I'm negative just like you", he'll go "Ok, let's do it".

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.