Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:02:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773226
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 246
Total: 247

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: im a wreck!!!!!!!! please read ---tested neg but think i am positive  (Read 7374 times)

Offline prettysureindeed

okay...heres my story. i am pretty sure i am positive but i had a negative test result.

i had oral with a man on April 24 2008. wish i hadnt! well anyways on july 31 2008 i became instantly fatiqued for no reason. in three days i was having severe muscle cramps all over my entire body and still tired. three days after that i had a severe sinus headache for 2 days. one day later all of my lymph nodes were really sore..ex groin, neck, arm pits & boobs. the next day i had red lesion (geographic tongue) all over my tongue. after that i just continued to feel fatigue and no energy. oh and i have also had a sore throat the entire time and kinda of stuffy nose BUT not snotty. just dry stuffy. also i have had cotton mouth and dry throat on and off. i tested negative on august 6 2008 for hi but they just had me retest on august 13 2008. i do not know the results and will not know those for 2 weeks. omg..i am so scared. this sounds classic for seroconversion. i was just reading a post from a person who uses a name similar to mine....prettysure...i am prettysureindeed. her dates are so close to mine..so please dont be confused. her story scares me...because it soooo sounds like mine! i would appreciate your input..thanks so much forums

Offline RapidRod

Re: im a wreck!!!!!!!! please read ---tested neg but think i am positive
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
No it does not sound like seroconversion at all. Your symptoms came way to late to be related to ARS.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:09:58 pm »
psi,

You are conclusively hiv negative. You didn't have a real risk to begin with. Giving a blowjob is only a theoretical risk. There has never been a proven, documented case of transmission happening this way.

Work with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative.

And don't bother bringing "prettysure" into your thread again. The two situations are nothing alike and we will NOT discuss the affairs of other members with you or anyone else. How would you like your situation picked apart in someone else's thread?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline prettysureindeed

if you want positive healthy energy & info....(you fill in the blanks)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:50:40 pm »
I am all for the fight against hiv/aids. I want their to be a cure. I dont want my child to be subjected to the possibility of hiv. I want to change the world of hiv. I want it gone. I am for all the research..etc. I support all walks of life who live with hiv/aids daily. I love people....but this is what I DONT love.

I DONT love being talked down to..treated like an idiot...being treated rudely..and told not to discuss other peoples situations on my posts but yet their stories are posted right here in the FORUMS for ALL to read. Isnt that what forums are for? For us to all read and learn, relate, make nice friends with...have support...and so forth? well thats not at all what i read in here. I just read garbage RUDE responses from room moderators directed at people who are scared to death and have soooo many questions. I cannot believe these moderators are allowed to talk to these nice concerned people. If this is what hiv is (RUDE people)...I hope I never acquire it. I have never been treated so unfairly and rude. So if you have health concerns, please contact your local health department, family physician or someone reliable in the medical field who can be held accountable for their behavior. NO ONE NEEDS TO COME IN HERE AND BE TREATED SO RUDELY...its UNCALLED FOR. We are all human....POZ or NEG...doesnt matter. Human is human.

There might be some good reliable info here..but remember we all need treated with respect.

Thanks for reading..and  i am sure i will be banned from this site from this point out..which is no biggie..as i will not be visiting here again. I will go elsewhere if i need help for this topic. Thanks again for reading. Good luck to all and happy health to you!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And also I support all of you. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. Poz or Neg.....any health situation is no fun at all and is so stressful. I have had my share of health concern/risks/situations and I dont want any one of you going thru any hard times. My heart aches for any human...I wish I could take away all pain that all people go thru. Its horrible we all have to endure what we do throughout life. Id change it all for everyone if i could. Wish you all peace and much love.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:08:39 pm by prettysureindeed »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 07:18:37 am »
PSI,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you don't like the way we run the Am I Infected forum, you're free to find one of the other hiv forums on the internet.

You are conclusively hiv negatve. You do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 04:16:47 pm »
can seroconversion be delayed by ebv? or hpv? the darn doc wants me to retest in another 8 weeks. will  a test show indeterminate if u r in middle of serocov? or just neg? thanks guys

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: if you want positive healthy energy & info....(you fill in the blanks)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 04:31:33 pm »
Thanks for reading..and  i am sure i will be banned from this site from this point out..which is no biggie..as i will not be visiting here again. I will go elsewhere if i need help for this topic.

And yet here you are again.  Imagine.

Sorry, but you flat out deserve it after that tirade above. 

And no, it won't be delayed.  And it's all irrelevant anyway - as you have already been told you didn't have a risk to begin with.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 04:50:29 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. Go ahead and test all you want to. All you will do is collect negative results.

Whatever is going on with you has absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 04:52:58 pm »
see there goes the rudeness again....goodness...i just ask siimple question....i was at my doctor office and he stated that possibly ebv or hpv could delay serconversion and he thought maybe i was sero during august...but after reading so much info....i should have at least test indeterminate if i was in middle of sero. thank u for responding to my question. appreciated.

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 04:57:46 pm »
thanks andy..and i wasnt referring to u being rude at all. i appreciate all of your input. doctors like to scare the heck out of people...and its so hard to get accurate info out of each doctor. i just been testing as they told me to do so....thanks guys....

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 05:00:50 pm »
oh i forgot to add that the doctor said the "window period" could be up to 6 months for some people with immune problems already....so thats why he was lumping me in there with that because of ebv and hpv...but mostly ebv he said.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 05:27:04 pm »
An immune disorder can delay ARS and seroconversion and make six months the suggested testing point. But I don't see it applying in your case. Unlike you, we here don't see your incident as having been a risky one.

However, judging from your comments thus far I suspect you won't be happy until you test and collect the inevitable negative result at six months. Hopefully that will help you to move on.
Andy Velez

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 06:51:33 pm »
thanks again andy. just to clarify....you dont think epstein barr virus is an immune disorder that would delay ars and seroconversion? i know i ask and reask..but just asking for about ebv delaying sero at this point. i live in a very rural area where i think the docs have old info on hiv...so thus is why i am in here asking. thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 10:21:46 pm »
ps,

Ebv is not something that would delay hiv seroconversion. You ARE hiv negative. You do not need further testing over this incident. You weren't at risk in the first place.

Make sure condoms are being used for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be ok where hiv is concerned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 06:12:15 am »
thanks much Ann.....i really appreciate your input. its killer getting info out of my doctors here..and both of them keep saying retest at 6 months..etc. like i said i think they have old info etc. so i probably wont retest at 6 months because i have tested 3 times from the end of my 3 month all the way up to days shy of 4 months post exposure. i have the medical insurance to cover the testing...but its just the thing with going...testing and then WAITING..uggh. thanks much. ttyl

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 01:34:12 pm »
ann & andy....i know here i go again with my scared paranoia...i apologize...but i am so nervous. i was reading some of the other threads under people who already tested positive. some people actually tested negative at 3 and 4 months and then positive at 6 months...and the one individual only was involved in oral he stated. he tested neg in june and then pos in october. this really really concerns me. i know we are not to discuss others' situations...but i just wonder how accurate this 3 month testing is that i did. why do u think that happens...neg at 3 months and then pos at 6 mos. also if you are in the middle of seroconverting will u just test negative? thanks again..and i am so sorry to be a pain in the rump...i just can barely make it thru a day because i have read so much on this forum of people who contracted via oral and who also tested pos much later than the 3 month mark. sorry...im just scared to death.....thanks much....maybe can one of you call me....? if so, i'll give you my number via private message...i really really need someone to talk to.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:49:55 pm »
I highly suggest you utilize the mental health resources in your area to deal with this paranoia and anxiety. Life is simply too short to spend so much time obsessing over HIV infection, and infection you simply do not have.

And when reading the forums, please remember you are reading the messages written by people, not an accumulation of scientific data. They are also here for the stated purpose of support from those in similar situations (other HIV positive people). Many are in deep denial about their sexual/drug use, and it often takes months or years (if ever) before they can be honest with themselves, let alone others. Yes, even "strangers" in an anonymous message board.

Sex remains an incredible taboo in our society. And this is often reflected in the HIV support forums. Forums in which, by the way, you are really not supposed to be lurking.

This particular board, the AM I INFECTED board, was set up as a courtesy for those seeking information. It is simply that. It is not a support forum, nor a place where the scant few volunteers who offer researched information can spend much time holding hands or assuaging fears. We base our HIV transmission information on current, first-tiered, peer-reviewed information.

That comes across as cold sometimes, and this is unintentional. Many people suffer from OCD and other emotional problems that make rational and critical thinking impossible when it comes to this specific pathogen. No amount of online psychological support will be of any real use, and often it just makes things worse.

I am sorry you cannot accept your negative result. I am sorry this forum has not been what you needed. I posit that, as you stated in your last post, an online forum simply won't solve the problem for you. You need real, one on one human contact. The volunteers, less than half a dozen, who help out here simply do not have time, or in some cases, the physical health, to send and receive private messages from worried wells such as yourself. Let alone phone calls. Those of us who ARE trained counselors would be violating all sorts of ethics by making the attempt. And those of us who are not, are simply unqualified to help in such a thing.

PLEASE contact your primary care physician, and get a referral to a mental health professional. Your needs are beyond the scope of this forum, and have been, truly, from the start. We disseminate data and evaluate risk based on science, not anecdote. That's all we can do.

I sincerely wish you the peace you desperately crave.

Jonathan
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline prettysureindeed

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 02:44:23 pm »
thank u..i understand where u r coming from and what you are saying. yes i admit i am driving myself insane. i have just read many stories where people are neg at 3 months and then test 6 months and are positive. not only in here but other sites. it seems as though all of you are pretty well rounded in knowledge..thats why i turn to you. i do have an appt set up with a counselor but thats not for another 2 weeks when i get in to see them. in the mean time..i was just looking to talk to someone because as you know its not "acceptable" to just talk about hiv in todays society. people act afraid when i try to bring it up....i live in a very rural area...so they are all afraid...and they think it doesnt happen here...but it does. just looking for a good friend to talk to regarding this and who has been thru it..and etc. i appreicate you taking the time to respond to my terrified posts. i know i am losing it...thats why i was wanting a shoulder to talk to..thanks much everyone.....i apprerciate all your time....xoxo

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 03:33:28 pm »
prettysureindeed

I think it's time you took the advise of the expert's here and see a councilor, as you have already been told this is not a support Forum, you came looking for answers and you were given them..for some reason you have chosen to ignore them.

I'm giving you a 28 day TO, please use this time to seek some outside help.

If you try to come back in under a different username you WILL be caught and the ban will be per menant.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.