Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 03:01:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Still scared after testing...persistant thrush  (Read 12002 times)

Offline lalaevans

Still scared after testing...persistant thrush
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:39:59 pm »
I had vaginal sex witha guy and the condom broke..It was replaced and we finished the act. I don't know his status as he has since cut off his phone...so I have no contact. I had horrible "symptoms since. lymph node pain everywhere,sore on uvula and white patches on throat,thrush,general unwell feeling,pain in limbs,tingling in hands and feet,dandruff,scalp pain,vomiting,loss of appetite,lost 15-20 punds....everything with the exception of diarrhea. We had sex in the first two weeks of oct 07 no sex since. As of 2/18/2008. I have tested neg four times since the exposure. I did go to the doc and was diagnosed with mono. But I have been sick for 3+ months and have been really scared.(sickness started in late nov.) I tried to accept that I am not hiv pos but I stll have thrush that didn't go away with the meds I recieved. It is still here and doesn't get worse or better..I have explained this to my doc he insists it will go away and was confident in his diagnosis. Oh yea..the monspot was neg!!! should I be asking more questions or what... I know the guidelines for this but my symptoms are crazy. I am other wise a healthy person no drugs,no autoimmune disaeses.Neg for all other stds..tested for those as well.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Still scared after testing...persistant thrush
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:04:16 pm »
You tested negative at more than 13 weeks past the incident of the broken condom. The risk was brief and minimal related to that incident, but in any case irrelevant now since you have reliably tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story as long as you haven't had any unprotected intercourse since then.

As for your symptoms, they are in no way HIV specific, including thrush, and again they are irrelevant in terms of HIV since you have tested negative. If they persist, and thrush can be tough to clear up, discuss them with your doctor. This is absolutely not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 03:49:51 pm »
Thanks Andy for your reply. I sincerly appreciate it. I am glad these sites are available. You are a great help to many.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:06:56 pm »
Hi Lal,

Glad you found our exchanges to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:20:02 am »
I am feeling alot better but I have some lingering pain in my neck and back as well as crazy fatigue. should I get tested again. First test was on 12/24/07 last test 2/18/08 and the encounter was in first two weeks of oct 07. No sex since then,,,,was too sick to even think about. I have taken four test during the course of about four months.

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 10:35:49 am »
oh yeah the thrush is still here. Doc insists i will go way on its own. even thogh I have had it like 2 months.maybe longer....I have been told this isnt normal which is making me really depressed...I have had one course of meds that was in January. It went away and then came back.. I have read the welcome thread and know the rules but this is getting scarier.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:27:56 am »
lala,

Whatever is causing your thrush, it is NOT hiv. You have tested conclusively hiv negative. You do NOT have hiv.

If your current doctor refuses to treat you, find one who will.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 12:53:24 am »
thanks Ann for answering so quickly, I really don't want be paranoid about this but this has been a really rough 4 months. Being very sick and then not knowing what it is is scary. I have never had an incident like this before or been this sick before. I know I have realiably tested negative but these ongoing symptoms really scare me even though they aren't a reliable indicate of HIV. Thanks.   

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 01:26:36 am »
lalaevans.

You need to talk to your doctor, we can't help you anymore, this is an HIV site and you have conclusivly tested negative for HIV.

I know it's worrying you, but only your Doctor can help you with your problems now.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »
thank you annie, and I will talk to my doc. My apolgies if I am acting irrational. But this has been a scary time. Again thank you for your prompt response.

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:25:05 am »
sorry Jan...thank you.. and I may need to talk to a councelor as well

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 06:59:42 am »
lala,

Yes, please do speak to a counselor. There is nothing more we can do for you here and you will not be allowed to use this forum to work out your hiv anxieties. That is what face-to-face therapy with a counselor is for.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:18 am »
I understand and I had come to accept that my test were negative but i recently went in to the doc and was diagnosed with vaginal thrush on last week as well as herpes zoster (shingles) on today. This is really bothering me I asked my doc if I should go for another test he says no but I just don't understan why my immune system will not recover from "mono".  Should I be worrying or I just leave it alone.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 02:03:52 pm »
lala,

You are conclusively hiv negative. Whatever is causing your troubles has nothing to do with hiv. Work with your doctor and get plenty of exercise and rest, and eat right.

There's nothing more we can do for you here. You do not have hiv. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
Hello all, I recently tested via antibody rapid test on 4/2508. Negative about 6 months from exposure. This is conclusive right...I am in a monogmous relationship and he tested neg. and we are currently having unprotected sex..I just want to make sure we are safe..Because this is still in the back of my mind..I also still have a semi-white tongue that bleeds when I brush it sometimes, i did have thrush about 4 months ago. doc says its just a hairy tonge and it will go away, but it has been "going" away for several months. thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 07:44:13 pm »
Yes Lala,

This test result is conclusive because the last one was conclusive. The window period for HIV testing is 3 months not six, so this latest test was entirely unnecessary.

Whatever is causing your oral problems is something you will have to discuss with your doctor. We cannot help you with that here. Please understand that you will not be permitted to post endlessly about non-risk situations nor will you be allowed to use this forum to question your negative test results.

You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline lalaevans

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »
Hello, I have been tested in Dec,Jan,Feb,April. I had the incident (vaginal protected/condom break) no ejaculation. In Oct. but I have had an ongoing vaginal yeast infection for maybe a 2 months that wont fo away with normal drugs 2 diflucan pills (prescribed), and 2 supositories(those over the counter) and what I believe is oral thrush since January..diagnosed my doc in Jan. was prescribed those losonges ok they didint work took them twice..and was told later after say 3 to four months that it is now "hairy tongue". he didnt look under a microscope....but I had alot of antibiotics between those times due to "mono" that extented from Dec to maybe March...still recovering...was very hard on my body lost 20 pounds and very sick but i tested negative for it(Mono)...So we took the HIV test. tested neg via rapid test 5 times. post exposure..when will this end... I have a bf. he tested neg and we are havin unprotected sex. I tested neg out to three months so I thought it was fine but I am very very worried.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 06:19:25 pm »
Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV, no matter what your fears maybe saying to the contrary. You need to discuss the situation with your doctor.

As far as unprotected sex with your bf, that's fine as long as 1) he had his test at 13 weeks past any potentially risky incident and 2) you are both committed to a securely monogamous relationship.

From what you are reporting, HIV is not an issue for you.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 04:55:40 am »
lala,

You say you can't get rid of your yeast infection - and that you're having unprotected intercourse with your boyfriend. It sounds like he needs to be treated for yeast too as you could be passing it back and forth between you. Men can harbour enough yeast to trigger infection in you, but without having symptoms themselves. Talk to your doctor about this.

In the meantime, try using condoms while you're recovering from the vaginal yeast.

Whatever is going on, it is NOT caused by hiv. You don't have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.