Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD #68: When Life Snows On You, Make Snow Angels!  (Read 43454 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: LADIES THREAD #68: When Life Snows On You, Make Snow Angels!
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 06:56:44 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I didn't know there was such a thing as an electric violin.  Being that you're from Louisiana, maybe a more appropriate song would be "The South's Gonna Do It Again." ;)

Whatever, welcome to our women's family.  I've been poz for 20 years.  I tested poz when I was in a treatment center.  I stayed clean the first time for about 10 years, then got on pills I had no business being on.  This time I've been clean for 4 years.  I never stopped going to meetings, though, during the time I was addicted to the pills.  And I can honestly say the pills were the hardest withdrawal I've been through, and I came off heroin and booze before.  I guess because pills are so pure.  Anyway, before I keep rambling, welcome again.  Nice to have you here.

Netta, I didn't check my phone to see if you called, but if you did, I went to bed at like 9:00 p.m.  Tonight would be fine to call also.  I do go to bed pretty early, even on the weekends.  But, I look forward to talking to you, and to Queen again also.  We got a little bit of snow; not anything like they're predicting for the east coast though.

Queen, it makes no sense that they've put you on a floor for mentally ill people.  I hope your caseworkers get their shit together to get you some real help.  I mean, I know they're helping some, but you need to have your own space.  I hope you don't have to end up having surgery on your wrist, that would suck.  And I'm glad you have your order of protection.  That's good news.  Hang in there, girl, I'm still pulling for you. 

Today I'm going to see my grandkids.  They're leaving for Pennsylvania tomorrow, which is where the "mom's" family is.  My oldest sister and I are supposed to take them to see The Princess and the Frog.  And other than that, I'm going to try to get some baking done.  I hope you all have a good day, and for those getting hit with the snow, please stay safe! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 09:43:15 am »
Betty, be careful on those roads today.  We were slammed last night with 8 inches.  I took pictures of the dog trying to go potty this morning and some of the trees covered.  It's really pretty, but trecherous.  We have no intention of going anywhere except out to shovel the driveway.  I told Hubby that I'll take pictures from the porch and make sure they get hot food and dry clothes.  I don't do wet and cold.

Netta..LOL about the talent.  We like to play - didn't say we did a good job.  Good thing our closest neighbors are dead.  Now if we wake them, I'll get nervous ;)  I still can't wait to plug that bad boy and in and jam - nothing like Bach plugged in with the bass turned up ::)

I do have to tell you a funny story about Hubby and his electric guitar.  We hadn't been married long and I was taking a bath.  Next thing I know, he shows up with his electric guitar - plugged in - and sits on the side of the tub.  I asked him what he was doing.  He said he had a "suprise" for me.  He started playing - closing his eyes, bobbing his head, the whole shabang.  Needless to say, I got a wee bit nervous: water, electricity, him getting dizzy and falling in...  I asked if he and his "suprise" could please go and sit on the bed - I could hear him just fine from there.  He seemed offended.  Would've thought that someone with a degree in ELECTRICAL engineering would've understood.

Queen, I'm so sorry for the craziness they are putting you through.  Always seems like there's one more piece of paper that no one can find that then has to go to some mystery person that's never in the office.  Seems like things are progressing, even if slowly.  I wish there was something I could do besides tell you how much I wish there was something I could do. :-\

Crap! I'll have to write more later - electricity is blinking.  Not sure how long until we lose it altogether.  Stay safe and warm.  Much love to you all!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 08:58:06 pm »
Talk to Queen today. Keep your head up girl, this is only a test.
I will call you tomorrow.
Betty - I enjoyed talking to you on the phone, seems like we've known each other forever!
Watched the movie Bride Wars, it was really good.
Well all is well as can be.
Mums- how much did it snow??????

take care all, luv netta
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 07:31:54 am »
Mum, we only got like an inch of snow, so I can't complain.  I've been watching CNN and seeing people on the East coast, and how much they're getting (20+ inches).  I have a niece who lives in Maryland, which is another state getting hit.  When I mentioned that to my sister (about Maryland) she said they're probably used to it.  I don't think I could ever get used to winter storms.  I don't like driving on this stuff.  But it does look pretty on all the trees. 

Netta, it was good talking with you.  I did get ahold of Queen; well, she got ahold of me.  I don't know if you read your pm from me, but she would like it if you would text her the GMHC info that Ann posted.  I told her it always helps to get hooked up with as many agencies as you can.  Hang in there, lady.

Yesterday was pretty exhausting.  When I got to my sister's with my grandkids, we had Taco Bell.  Then opened their presents, and went to see The Princess and the Frog.  It was a great movie, but lasted for almost two hours.  I actually fell asleep for part of it.  Then I took the grandkids home, and spent some time with them there.  By the time I got home, it was 4:30 p.m., and I had to make two kinds of fudge yet, and make the cookie dough, which had to be in the frig overnight.  I think I got done with all that by 5:30, which I guess isn't too bad, but all that standing on my feet really hurt my knees.  Anyway, this morning I'm going to make the cookies, then clean.  And that's it folks.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2009, 09:02:19 am »

I don't know if you read your pm from me, but she would like it if you would text her the GMHC info that Ann posted.

Darn it! I had a feeling my texts weren't going through. Wonder why? I used to be able to text my daughter when she was in the States. :-\

Ann
(who wishes it would snow here - it hasn't in a couple years now.)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 09:03:41 am »
Hi Ladies,
I have had a "wicked" cold, went to court this last Tueday and I don't think it went in my favor, but I have to wait to hear back from the court. If the judge does what she says she is going to do, we are going to have to go to pre-trial, which is totally insane.  If I acted the way he did in court, I would probably be in jail.
 Trying to keep up with everyone, I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.
On a good note, we were supposed to get almost a foot of snow and ended up only getting a couple of inches.

P.S. I like the title, that is how I got my name my kids were outside making snow angels when I joined and I couldn't think of another name. :)

BT/Netta/Ann- Do you have yahoo messenger on your computer, Queen has that on her phone, if you want to reach her through there. I was talking with her last night.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline minismom

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 10:47:35 am »
Netta, official reading here was: yard = 9 1/2 inches, cars = 7 inches.  My parents had 14 inches and some places had as much as 27 inches :o.  A good samaratan came by yesterday with his tractor and took off about 80% of the snow off of our driveway (it winds uphill).  We kept calling to him from the porch to get him to turn around.  We wanted to see if we recognized him to send him a thank-you card.  But, he was definately one for undercover work.  Even with his help, Hubby was only able to shovel about half of the drive.  The snow was wet and incredibly heavy.  I have some cute pictures of the kids playing yesterday afternoon.

Our electricity blinked off and on most of the day, but neve stayed off for long.  Our bathtub is still filled with water just in case. Cable was out most of the day yesterday, last night, and this morning. Church was cancelled for today and tonight.  All the activities that were scheduled have been rescheduled for next Sunday: kids' play, Happy Birthday, Jesus party, adult choir performance, and the dinner theatre.

Still trying to catch up with the laundry.  Everytime the electricity blinked, I had to start the washer and dryer all over again.  Hoping I can get all the gifts wrapped today, too.  Not sure where I'll put them, but I need to get them wrapped.

Betty, so very glad that you didnt' get slammed like we did.  How was your visit with the grandkids?  Did you go see a movie?  Kids want to see the new "Princess and the Frog"  and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeekual".  We may take them Tuesday when other kids are still in school (if it's not cancelled).

That's all for me on this side of things.  Hope everyone is having a fun and safe Sunday.
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2009, 05:49:54 am »
Snow, Queen asked me if I had yahoo messenger, and I don't.  I guess it's pretty easy to download, but I just haven't had the time.     I hope things turn out in your favor in court.  I don't understand why they're giving SB so many chances when he acts like such an ass.  Do you still have a lawyer?  And if you do, what does (s)he say?  I'm sorry you're having to go through all this shit.  Please hang in there.

Mum, yeah, my oldest sister and I took the grandkids to see Princess and the Frog.  It was a good movie, though I fell asleep through some of it.  I recommend it, though.  I hope you guys don't get anymore snow.  We're supposed to have an ice storm here Wednesday night. That's never good news, because we usually lose electricity when that happens. 

I'm having a time again with my Medicaid.  The caseworker had to do a recertification appointment for it, which happened a couple Fridays ago.  She said she was sending out a paper for me to sign, then she would o.k. the Medicaid continuing. I never got the paper.  I have the type of Medicaid now, since I'm working, that I pay for, $69/month, and it's always active.  They send me a bill from Indianapolis, and I send them back the payment.  It hasn't happened this month, because of the recert; they're waiting for the caseworker to o.k. it.  The caseworker told me last month to never miss a payment, or my case would automatically close.  Well, it's the end of the month, and I don't see how, even if the situation with the paper I have to sign gets remedied, the bill could get to me, me pay it, and have it get back to Indy before the end of the month.  I'm pretty discouraged right now, because it seems that ever since I've been working, it's been one thing after another with my benefits.  I hate having to fight, fight and fight some more to get things right.  If I lose my Medicaid, there goes that medical coverage, plus them paying for the Medicare premium.  It makes me want to give up and just quit working.  Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that things work out, somehow.          I guess that's it.  You all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2009, 09:16:22 am »
ANN- your text are going through, honey, its just that Queen couldn't get to  the computer. yes the pm s work too. I text her the info already.

Well I guess a lot of you got hit with the snow. I wonder how Moon is doing?????
Some of us will have a white xmas. I wish it would snow here, but then everything would close down for only a few inches! they really panic here!

Well hope all is well.
Snow- hope you feel better, sorry you are still going through bullshit in court, hope it works out for you, anyway have a great xmas with the kids!!!!

Mum- Wow you did get hit! I'm sure the kids love it! So you have to wait till Sunday for the church activities you have planned. that means you can get some rest?????LOL

Betty- I would like your cookie recipe. And anyone else's

Shout out to all our ladies MIA !!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:18:00 am by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2009, 05:39:31 am »
Netta, I know what you mean about states like yours shutting down when it snows.  I lived in Alabama for one winter, and there was snow and some ice predicted.  I went to go grocery shopping, and the shelves were almost bare.  I know a lot of Southern states don't have the equipment to deal with the snow like we do in the North.  Hopefully Cindy's o.k.

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 09:37:06 am »
Sorry I haven't been around. Lucas seems to have something against sleeping  ::) .When he's awake it's impossible to read posts let alone reply. I hear him stirring so no time to read what's been happening now. I just wanted to say
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Amy

Offline netta

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2009, 10:59:14 am »
 :) HI GF'S well seems everyone is busy as bees, thats good, we are all alive!!!!lol
Hope everyone has a happy holiday, peace love and joy!!

Mum- I wonder do you have electricity ??? they say on the news that its out. hope you are well.

Whatever- how are you doing??? hope all is well. pm me anytime.

BEtty, Queen, Snow ,Moon,Vivt, thinkiing of you!

no.1 Mom- give Lucas a kiss for me and I  know he will have a great xmas, you get some rest !!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:02:16 am by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2009, 05:38:12 am »
Amy, I hope you get some rest.  Give Lucas a Christmas hug from me and Poppy (my cat). 

Netta, I hope you have a good Christmas.  I'm thinking about you, Queen, and my friend here who's having such a rough time right now, and still keeping you all in my prayers. 

We had freezing rain here yesterday, with more freezing rain today, tonight and tomorrow morning, with it changing to snow by tomorrow evening.  I have to drive to Michigan to my sister's, which on a good day takes about 1/2 an hour.  Hopefully the weather won't be as bad as they're saying.  I'm going to check my walk this morning for ice, and put salt down if needed, and leave early for work.  I'm sure I'm going to have to chisel through ice on my car, and the news is saying the roads are pretty icy.  I sure wish my boss would close it down.  You all have a good one, be safe and Merry Christmas!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2009, 10:41:36 am »
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas!

Snow

Offline netta

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2009, 11:38:13 am »
MERRRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Offline whatever1

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2009, 01:02:00 pm »
Hi everyone , Remember the reason for the Season. We are blessed to be here  2morrow they may find the cure (smile) and then imagine our genuine adjustment to that.

Offline missy

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »
Merry Christmas everyone, sorry I haven't been around but I have been so busy. Take care and I will be back this week to check in.

Mary :)

Offline netta

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2009, 11:19:55 am »
Minmom- I hope you got your electricity back on , I heard thousands were without power due to the storms. Praying for you and the family.

Hope all is well. I had a quiet xmas,and nice dinner, read a good book and relaxed. grandkids went to their other grandmother, haven't seen them since xmas eve! they say they are giving me a break lol.
Counting my blessings toward another year, so many people are suffering due  to the economy, weather, healthcare etc. when you think about all the car accidents and pileups and deaths caused by the  winter storms, we have people who are facing forclosure,were spared for xmas holidays .the poor truckers stuck when their company closed down without  a word. no paychecks and they didn't even  have  gas  to get home because the company cancelled their gas cards , so they were stuck . what a shame. Folks that had no electrical power and stuck because of the snow., some had no heat and no hot water.People who have lost loved ones. This is the first xmas without my brother, who passed in March.
When I think about these things, I don't sweat the small things. Just be thankful.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:24:18 am by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2009, 05:42:46 am »
Snow, I hope your home had a good Christmas!

Mary, good to hear from you.  Hopefully all's well with you.

Netta, there are a lot of people in the nation that have it a lot worse than I do.  There's been quite a few tragedies, and hopefully things will improve.

It looks like a lot of people are taking a break from posting.  I know with Queen it's hard.  I hope everyone else is doing alright.  My computer has a trojan in it, and my brother's girlfriend may come over later today, when I get home from work, to see if she can do anything.  And, the damn cursor is acting crazy again.  It keeps freezing up for a couple seconds when I'm typing.  I guess I'll turn off my computer when I'm done here, and see if it corrects itself.  I probably need a new computer, eventually. 

My boss called me last night and told me she's in Cleveland, visiting her sister, and won't be back until Thursday morning.  Yay!  So, I hope things go well between now and Thursday, and no catastrophes happen.  It's snowy and 13F degrees out (brrr).  I hope everyone's staying warm. 

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:45 am »
Good morning, ladies!  I hope this finds you well.

Netta, we never lost our electricity, it just kept blinking.  Everytime it did, I'd have to restart the washing machine and dryer, the clocks on the stove and microwave, the heaters, and the crockpot.  By the time I reset everything, it would blink again :-\

Betty, wow a reprieve until Thursday - enjoy!  It's cold here, too, but not sure what the temp is.  Too dark to read the thermometer.  How'd it go at your sister's house?

Last Wednesday the snow finally stopped and we were all shoveled out.  We took the kids to see the new Chipmunk movie.  The commercials had no sound (kids still laughed - what's that tell you?) and part way through the movie, everyone's heads got cut off.  As we were leaving, the manager was at the door handing out free movie passes.  There's no expiration date on them, so we're going to hold them until the spring when more kids' movies come out.

It rained most of the day on Friday and by Sunday 90% of the snow was gone.  This morning, though, more snow.  Nothing like last weekend, I can still see the grass in the yard.  Hubby took video of the kids and posted it on YouTube under a "passcode only" section.  He said he'll show me how to send the link and then I'll PM whomever wants to see them. 

Christmas was hectic, but the kids had a great time.  It'll take me a week to fully recover.  Yesterday were the performances that got snowed out last week.  We had breakfast and dinner at church, so I didn't have to cook all day.  It was also my grandmother's 90th birthday.  The entire family met up and brought her cake and icecream.  She was suprised.

Today and tomorrow the kids have school.  I also need to finish the laundry and the toilet needs a new wax ring - oh, joy!  If it's still nice later today, we'll go hunt down some sales at Big Lots and Gabe's.  Tomorrow our car goes back in the shop.  It's stuck on 4x4 which can mess up the engine (or transmission, or something important like that)  Here's hoping they can fix whatever the problem is quickly and that somehow it's under warranty from the last time they fixed it.

Anyone have big New Year's Eve plans?  I'll be ringing in the new year sound asleep.

Take care and stay warm!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2009, 05:03:48 pm »
 :) good to hear from you minsmoms, glad everthing turned out ok for christmas. the kids must have had a good time with the snow and all, is it very cold? Its  in the 30s here and cold. I would love to see the kids video on utube!!
Well not much going on here, looking forward to church for New Years Eve and thats it. Oh I will be cooking traditional NYEves dinnerr, peas and greens and some kind of pork.
Hope everyone else is well and had a happy holiday, be safe for the new year, godbless!!!
Betty-- I wll call you this week,we'll set a time, what are your plans for the new year!!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 08:56:46 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry I've been away for a bit.  I texted Queen on 12/22, that was my anniversary -- 16 years since diagnosis in 1993.

I had a blowout with Ice's oldest on 12/18 and called her a bitch.  I was told that the word wasn't part of her vocab, so to speak.  I still got my point across.   ;D  Things have calmed down, Christmas was nice, but too much traveling.  Ice told me we get the kids a day EARLY this week on New Year's Eve, bec his ex wants to go to a party.  *Cough cough*  I have put my foot down and no more being nice.  Ice is all holly jolly but I need a break from running this house.

Things have been better than they sound, but the blowout with the oldest really pissed me off.  She threw a tantrum at the table when Ice said she was to clean the dishes, then she got an attitude, then she told Ice to shut up.

That's when I proceeded to go postal on her.  She knows I'm not scared of her.  I told Ice I have no sympathy for her whining and games.  Next time I will take her fucking cell phone and throw it down in the storm water pond out back.  LOL  I'm such a bitch, lol.

Anyhoo, I think the oldest knows I won't deal with her crap, and Ice is a quick learner, too.  He asked when we were going to get married and I said when his daughter started acting 14 and not 4.  Its very stressful trying to discipline a kid that isn't yours with no back-up from their father.  He is too much of a softie, I told him.

OK, enough of that.  So, the snow the next day after I went postal was fun.  I will try to put a link to a video here.  You can't see my face, or anyone else's, so its *private.*  Its me playing in the snow omg.  This was taken the morning of Sat 12/19 before the snow got heavy.  We got about 23 inches here in Maryland.  IT WAS AWESOME -- CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!    ;D

OK, I have loaded Yahoo messenger with my old screen name so maybe Queen will see me on there.  I haven't been on Messenger since I found Ice in 2007, lol.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/2675c7cfba471eeb63fb1880eaccdc43/video/8350577

It took me about 5 seconds to sled down that hill and about 5 minutes to walk up it with my budda belly.  There was no traction whatsoever and it was steeper than it looks.  We tied an old extention cord to our neighbor's deck post and tried to tow the kids up, but they kept on slipping, lmaooooooooo!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:43:13 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2009, 05:38:31 am »
Mum, things at my sister's went well.  It was just me, sis, brother-in-law, and nephew.  Unfortunately, right after my dad died, my brother "divorced" my two sisters, so he didn't join us (and my other sis lives in AZ).  It was a nice time, though.  We played a board game after dinner (don't ask me the name, I don't remember).  Sorry about your movie experience.  I would be upset.  And I hope your car gets fixed soon!

Netta, I think I'm going to some NA thing for New Year's Eve.  I have to work during the day, but I'm off at 2:00, so that's not too bad.

Cin, good to hear from you!  I have a niece who lives in Baltimore, and she sent some pics to her mother of all the snow.  And you like that, aye?  It would drive me crazy.  My brother's girlfriend loves snow, and wants to move to Minnesota.  I, on the other hand, wouldn't mind moving to Arizona.  And not in the mountains.      That's good you put your foot down with that girl, but too bad Ice won't back you up.  Hopefully that will change.    Next year, I'm going to try to lose my belly.  I don't know exactly how, but I'm totally dissatisfied and over it. 

Well, do you all remember me telling you guys about that antivirus thing on my computer that kept popping up?  My brother's girlfriend (who's totally techy) came over yesterday to try to fix it, and it was a virus!  It took her almost four hours to contain it.  It had copied itself into files and different programs.  It's called Seekmo (I think that's it).  It's totally aggressive, and extremely hard to get rid of.  She downloaded one of her spyware programs onto my computer, and told me to run a scan when the computer starts acting strange again. The computer already has a couple spyware programs on it.   She's not sure if the virus will come back, but at least it's contained for now. 

Nothing else going on.  Just work, and me being totally disgusted with my gut.  I can't believe how big it is.  I wish Medicare covered lipo. Hmmmmm, I wonder how I could get that accomplished?  Anyway, you ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2009, 06:39:05 am »
Cindy, OMGosh - SNOW BOOGIES!!  I was cracking up!  As soon as Hubby shows me how, I'll PM you all the link to see the kids on YouTube.  One of the videos is Hubby trying to get the kids to tell my inlaws (yes, the ones I can't stand), happy thanksgiving.  Notice how they have to introduce themselves - to their grandparents! 

Netta, I don't think I've said it before but GOOD MOOGLY BOOGLY, woman, your avatar looks AMAZING!Purple is definately your color.  I love the pattern, too.  I have a hard time finding a hat for Mim that doesn't dry out her hair.  If you haven't checked them out already, log onto Favecrafts.com.  It's free and every few days they'll send you a bunch of free patterns.  They even sent me 10 free crafting e-books.  I think I'm going to learn out to etch glass.  Looks easy enough and will make really cool gifts for next year.  If you have one close to you, JoAnn's is having a massive yarn sale through Jan. 9th.  Most of it is at least 50% off - some more than that. 

Betty, I'm glad you had a good time.  My family and I love to play cards and boardgames.  There's a seasonal callendar store here in the mall that also has board games.  Right now they are all 50% off.  We got a couple and I'm hoping to get a couple more.  Stay warm and safe.  I worry about you with all the snow and icy temps.

My aunt called yesterday and 4 of our kids are going to her house to play with their cousins.  I didnt' think it was fair not to invite them all.  We got a lot of tears from the 2 who weren't invited.  Hubby and I are going to take them out to lunch at BK with my brother.  Then we'll go bargain shopping to see what's left of the decorations.  Hubby said since we didn't do anything this year, he'd like to do it up "big" next year - as long as he's the one climbing on the roof and packing it all up that's fine with me.

Tonight my parents are taking us all out to dinner. Since our car will be in the shop it's going to take 3 "normal" sized cars to transport us. It's sort of a traditional thing we do before my brother goes back home to Louisiana.  I'm not a big fan of the restaurant, but everyone else enjoys it so I go and enjoy the company.  He's flying back home on Thursday.

Did I ever tell you that he designs and builds a haunted house for a living?  His house - The 13th Gate - was actually #1 in the country for the second year in a row.  I was amazed when he started telling us how much they spend on each room - average $30,000 - per ROOM! :o  Last year they were even featured in a magazine.  He's the most artistically talented and imaginative person I know.  And, no, I got NONE of those genes.

You all have a good day.  One day, Betty, I'll actually beat you to the boards ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2009, 01:27:57 pm »
HI GF'S
MOON- u look like u had a lot of fun!!! I think you r just what those girls need!!
I was worried about you with all that snow !

MUM- thanks for the compliment, I have so many unfinished projects, and too much yarn!!! It is hard for me to pass it up in the stores!!! Thanks for the site. I have books full of pattern. what you can do about Min is put a silk  or satin scarf under her hat ,this will keep her hair from breaking .

BETTY- Glad you have plans for the New Year, enjoy your week, before your boss gets back!!!
I have been textin with Queen, just  about everyday. Please keep her in prayer, she is holding on!!!

so sad about the sick pediatrician that raped and molested all those children. He needs to be castrated!
some patients were as young as 1 month old babies!!!! Just when you think this world couldn't get any sicker!!
BUT WHERE WERE THE PARENTS!!!!!! NO WAY I WOULD LEAVE MY CHILD ALONE !

Well  the  city inspection got done on the house yesterday, just waiting for the repairs that were needed to get done for closing.  all is well netta

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2009, 05:42:05 am »
Mum, why didn't your aunt invite all the kids?  That doesn't seem quite right.  And that's pretty cool about your brother's haunted houses.  I remember going through one when I was a kid, and they had to let me, my father and brother out 1/2 way through because I didn't want to go through the whole thing.  And I'd love to see your kids in those videos you were talking about, when your hubby gets them done. 

Netta, I've been keeping you, and Queen in my prayers every day.  I left her a message on Christmas, don't know if she was able to hear it or not.  I'd really like to talk to you guys again; I'm sure we'll connect sometime.  How are things with your situation? 

Today is the last day without the boss.  The church has been having issues with the boiler.  They've had to get a new one, which ran them about $1600.  A couple days ago, the sanctuary was 89F degrees, and another part of the church was about 50F.  The heater guys came back in, and were talking about some valve that doesn't open and close right.  That means more repairs, and more cost.  But, I guess parts of the boiler haven't been fixed or anything for about 50 years.  And the church has gotten donations for the repairs.            I really don't have any other news to report.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2009, 06:48:22 am »
Netta, it's 13F right now.  Factor in the wind and we're in single digits.  Supposed to get up to 40F with loads of sun.  It better hurry!  Went to JoAnn's and got yarn yesterday.  I'm like you - I have containers full of yarn and file cabinets full of patterns. Hubby used to gripe about it, but he's come to realize that it's cheaper than therapy. ;)  Have you taught your granddaughters how to crochet?

Betty, is it warm where you have to work?  As much as I prefer cooler (not freezing) weather, I would be miserable trying to work while I was freezing.  Not sure why my aunt didn't invite all the kids.  But, the ones she didn't invite got to spend extra alone time with my brother so they were super happy.

Our good friends were supposed to come over on New Year's day to hang out and watch football.  With the impending 2nd winter storm starting tomorrow night and lasting until Saturday, they are coming over tonight.  Jen has to work until 5 so they won't be spending as much time with us, but at least we'll get to see them.  We're having party food for supper: chicken nuggets, taquitoes, pizza rolls, chips wtih dip and salsa, hotdog rolls, veggie, and fruit trays.  Not the most nutritious meal, but it's once a year.  We'll sit around and play board games while the kids run around.

Not much else going on today.  Make it a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2009, 05:35:01 am »
Mum, I'm warm where I work, only because the boss gave me a space heater to use.  There's another problem with the boiler, that hopefully got fixed.  And, the boiler man said it could take a couple heating seasons to get everything regulated.  It's a mess.  The heating system is probably about 50-60 years old, so I guess it needed an upgrade. 

I may be going to an NA New Year's Eve thing this evening.  I have to work, but I get off at 2:00.  I'm not staying out late.  And, we have a winter storm coming in late tonight, lasting until the beginning or middle of next week, with the possibility of a foot+.  Yuck.  Someone must have wished for a lot of snow.  But, who knows, maybe it'll shut down work!            I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's Eve.

tendai

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2009, 06:51:31 am »
Happy New Year ladies!

Offline minismom

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2009, 09:54:34 am »
Betty, glad you're staying warm.  Sounds like the entire heating / boiler system needs to be replaced.

We woke up to a rain / snow mix this morning.  Supposed to be in the 40's today - break out the bathing suits.  By tonight, it'll turn into all snow.  We get somewhat of a break on Sunday and Monday, but more snow staring on Tuesday and for the next 15 days. :-\

Over the weekend, a friend of our's fell off a 10ft ladder and landed flat on her feet.  Both of her feet were crushed.  She was supposed to have surgery on Monday, but instead the doctor send her home for a week so the swelling could go down.  He was afraid if they did surgery with her feet swollen then it wouldn't heal properly.  After she finally has her surgery, she'll be in a wheel chair for 3 - 6mths :o  She has a 13yr old son and a 3yr old daughter.  Worst thing is she has no insurance and won't qualify for any hardship help.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2009, 01:37:44 pm »
Hi Ladies-
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and has a Happy and safe new Year.  Heres to hoping this coming year brings you and all your loved ones much health, happiness,peace, joy and prosperity. Oh, and lets not forget drama free.

Snow

Offline netta

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »
 :) Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!
love u all. My daughter closed on the house today !!!!!!!!!
going to watch nite service with the grands,daughter going out to celebrate!!!!

Offline missy

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2009, 11:35:21 pm »
Happy New Year and be safe everyone.  Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2010, 12:11:38 am »
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM CINDY AND CHEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT A SAFE ONE, GFs!   :D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2010, 07:53:18 am »
Mum, that's a sad situation with your friend whose feet were crushed.  I've never heard of someone, other than cats, falling that great a distance, and landing on their feet.  Wow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  I hope this year is great for all of us ladies here!

We're in the midst of a winter storm.  We've gotten only 6 inches so far, but the weather said by Sunday accumulation will be between 16-30 inches.  Ugh!  Oh well, it's winter, so what do we expect.  I'm going to try to get to the store today, to get what I need, in case I can't get out later.  I hope you all have a good day today, stay safe and warm!

Offline minismom

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:35 am »
Betty, looks like you slept in and STILL beat me to the forum ;)  Your winter storm is worse than our's.  We've got about 2 inches so far and should *only* get about another inch or so by tomorrow.  However, the weather forecast keeps changing - sunny days are now snow days, low percentages of snow are suddenly high percentages.  Hubby's going to go out later and clear off our drive.  I LOVE winter - love the colder temps, but I've honestly had enough of the snow.  As long as we don't lose our electricity, I'll be happy.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend.  Life gets started again on Monday and I've yet to have a holiday. :-\

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 08:10:26 am »
OK, we already have 8 inches, with another 8-12 predicted just for today.  The lake-effect snow isn't supposed to end until Wednesday, and then the rest of the week is supposed to be on-and-off light snow. I don't like winter at all around here, and should have taken up my sister's invitation to move to Phoenix.  Oh well, I guess anywhere you move in the country, there's some kind of bad weather.

Offline minismom

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2010, 06:16:09 am »
Just wanted to pop in and say - I FINALLY BEAT BETTY TO THE POST! ;D ::) 

Also wanted to wish our girl, Queen, a very happy birthday. 

The 11th of this month will mark the 1yr anniversary since Kate (penguin) died.  We're still mourning her passing.  It doesn't feel like it's been a year already.  I hope she has found peace.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2010, 08:02:38 am »
Yeah, we all miss Kate.  I know I do.  And Queen, if you read this, happy, blessed birthday!  I've been keeping you in my prayers, and thoughts.  I talked to Netta last night, and she said you're not doing the phone very often.  I can't remember what it was you told me to download so we could chat-was it yahoo messenger?  And mum, yes, this morning you beat me to the post!  I was reading the paper.

I know yesterday I was bitching about the snow.  As it turned out, we have a foot and more snow on the way.  The weatherman said by the time it's done we may have 3 feet. Of course, the weather people may be wrong.  Anyway, as I was saying, I was bitching about the weather, but I'm very grateful I have a warm place to be in.  New Year's Day, I went to an NA speaker thing.  The first speaker was my friend whose son was shot in the back of the head, and was taken off life support.  She has 17 years clean. She talked about that, and it almost put me in tears.  She said every morning, she would wake up, thinking that would be the day that her son would begin his recovery; then she would go into his room in the hospital, and had to face the reality of what her son had become because of the bullet.  The bullet severed his spinal cord, so he couldn't even swallow, he was a quad, couldn't breathe on his own, and couldn't speak (he could mouth words).  He kept getting infections, like double pneumonia, with fevers running between 103F-108F.  When he finally mouthed the words "I'm done," she didn't want to accept it, and who can blame her?  He was 18, so he had the right to make that decision (to be taken off life support).  She was there, right to the end, when he took his last breath.  I couldn't even imagine having to go through that.  It made me so grateful that I have my daughter, even though we have our moments.

Where NA had the speaker thing, it's called the "drop-in center."  It's a place that's open Fri-Sun from like 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. where street people can get breakfast, wash their clothes, and take a shower.  Since we (NA thing) were there, with the lights on, there were quite a few street people there, trying to stay warm, and drinking coffee.  Towards the end of the event, they went into the back room, where the laundry facilities are, and extra clothes.  They were back there, putting on the clothes in layers, so maybe they wouldn't be so cold at night on the street.  That made me very, very grateful that I have a warm place to sleep, and stay in when it's so damn cold out.  This morning it's only 6F degrees.                    So anyway, though I bitch about the weather, I do have a lot to be grateful for.  You all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2010, 09:11:54 pm »
HI Gf's hope everyone had a great new years, god knows we are blessed inspite of our troubles. A friend of mines finance lost his son who was 18 or 20 during thispast week, someone hit him head on  traveling for the holiday. Queens brother had a stroke last nite and is in icu, keep her in prayer, i just found out.
I don't know if I remember Kate here who died last year, should i know her since its been 2 years since ive been here, what was her mo ?? pinguine???

I hope everyone else is fine,mums keep  them babies warm
enjoyed talking to you last nite Betty,- hope you have enough food and are warm.
Snow, Ann,Moon,no.1 mom, Tendai,  Emeralize, hope all is well. I am hanging in there.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2010, 05:52:40 am »
Netta, I keep you and Queen in my prayers every day.  And yes, Kate's screenname was Penguine. 

It's snowing again this morning. This is like some bizarre movie we're in here.  And I wish it would quit already!  Hopefully I can get to work safely, if I can get out of the alley I park off of.  Stay warm everyone.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:53 pm »
Hello Ladies----

Ok, let's clarify some things. First, I miss you all like crazy. I do have Ann on my Yahoo but who knows the last time Ann has used yahoo? She appears to be a skype chick. BT too. I really don't like talking on my cell because the average person does not talk loud enough for me to hear them. There are only 2 people that I can talk to and hear just fine. That is why I ask people to text me or use Yahoo messenger to communicate with me. Ann, I did not get any texts from you at all. Maybe you have my number wrong???? I will pm it to you along with my Yahoo info again.

I found out they put me in the loony bin because I said I was depressed. As much as I hate it things get done faster. And instead of being shipped to yet another shelter, they put you in housing. I just turned in the award letter from social security to my case manager here today. So now, the housing app will be mailed out or sent out on computer. I will have to wait on someone to call back with an apartment for me. HASA will pay first month's rent and security plus give me money for furniture. I will also have to start seeing a therapist too. I guess that is one of the conditions. But no big, I had wanted to see one before, well kinda.

I have to go see the DA on the 6th to press charges on dickhead. I was a bit conflicted about it but I got over it. I hope they put his ass under the jail though I do feel for his daughter because should they put him in jail, he will lose his housing and she will prolly go stay with her Aunt. I am sorry for her, not him. I want him to go through what I am now going through. Sorry, ladies but I am a bit vindictive when someone hurts or screws me over.

Thanks for the bday wishes though my bday is not til the 12th. I was hoping I would be in my own place but  I am glad to be above ground. Gotta run....Netta or Betty please give Ann my number and Yahoo info. I have to run...Love you guys.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 05:37:55 am »
Queen, so good to hear from you!  It sounds like things may be improving, and that's wonderful.  And yeah, press charges on dickhead.  I don't necessarily see that as vindictive; just protecting yourself.  I hope things continue to improve for you.  You're going to have to tell me again about that yahoo messenger, so I can get it and we can chat. 

Well, it's official-we have 2 feet of snow.  More on the way all the way through Sunday.  I guess we probably get this stuff every year, but I'm never ready for it (who is).  And towns in Michigan got it worse than we did (I live in Indiana, the towns in Michigan are like 1/2 an hour away).  Can't it be spring already?

Offline netta

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »
OMG Girlriends ! Winter snowstorm everywhere!!!!!!!  We are expecting snow in Georgia!!!!!
Betty I hope you are safe and warm!

Everyone I hope you areall nice and warm and have food. We are only expecting 2 inches and already people are panicing! shuting down schools and all!
Well I have beeb busy rehersing a song for the womens choir. If we have rehersal tonite ,I will be trying out for a solo, that I learned in 2 days.!
My doggie Lucy is getting trained good, she want to go outside to do her business, which is good, but I have to go out in the cold all the time! she is crazy cause she refuses to use the pee pads in the house  and will go on the floor :o
everyone be safe.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:57 am »
Netta, we have about 30 inches of snow right now.  The west part of this area is supposed to get 10-20 more inches in the next couple of days.  It seems most of the country is getting hit pretty bad with this winter weather.  I'm very, very tired of all this.  I'm going to try to shovel my car out this morning, and go shopping.  Yesterday at work, the boss shut down early because of the horrible weather.  When I was driving home, visibility was pretty bad. And I had to keep my wipers on, and they kept icing up because of the precipitation.  Pretty crazy stuff. But, you can't keep a good Northerner down (hee), so hopefully today things will be better.

Good luck with the potty training of Lucy.  I'm glad you're keeping her.  Awhile back, you mentioned having to give her up, and I felt bad.  Everyone stay safe!

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2010, 07:05:03 am »
Weather here is crazy.  We got a break from the snow yesterday morning.  We went and had lunch with a couple of guys Hubby goes to school with.  After, we picked up a few things from the grocery store and rented movies.  Last night we were hit with another 4 inches of snow.  By the time all of this is over tomorrow afternoon, we're predicted to have an additional 4 - 6 inches.  Our mountain counties are predicted to get another 12 inches.  The good news is that, so far, we're predicted to have SUN all next week.  Unfortunately, with temps still below or just at freezing, the snow won't be going anywhere.  Kids here haven't been to school since Dec. 18th :o  They had a 1/2 day Monday - just long enough for belated Christmas parties.

I'm with you, Betty - I'm tired of the snow and dreary skies.  So far, we're not having the electric outting that we had a couple weeks ago.  The issue now is that our "gritters" are breaking down.  Road crews have been out, 17 at a time per county, working in 12-hour shifts, for the last 3wks.  With only 1 fleet of trucks, the trucks have been running 24/7 for those 3wks and some are starting to have engine failure.  Hopefully they can get them all fixed next week before we're hit with the next storm.

Everyone stay safe and busy.  Betty, you worry me always out in the snow and bad weather.  You would've made a good stunt woman ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:05 am »
Well mum, I can tell you that schools here don't shut down unless the roads are totally impassable.  The road crews get out pretty quick here, and keep the main roads driveable.  The side roads suck, but I guess that's just typical for this time of year.  We've got about 30 inches of snow right now, and the temp last night got to -6F.  But, like I said in another thread, you can't really keep a good Northerner down for very long. 

I saw the movie Precious a couple days ago.  After seeing that movie, and the people who come into get services where I work, I'm grumbling a bit less nowadays.  It's an excellent movie, but intense.  The lady who played the mom deserves an academy award.

Offline netta

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:09 am »
Hi GF's Wow! 30 inches Betty! omg , hope you are carefull and stay warm.
Mum what is a gritter ??????
How are thr kids??????

Well we got no snow in Macon, but Atlanta got about 1 or 2 inches and plenty car accidents because of the black ice.
Today it is 22 degrees! freezing for us southerners! lol
had some weekend. Went to church Sunday, was suppose to sing a solo, but because I didn't make the 7;30 and 9;30 service the B---- choir director said we were not doing my song, I rehearsed so hard for. Then she said maybe during offering. Well the B---- called ANOTHER woman to do my song!!!!! i was so upset and hurt I had to leave. I only sing once a month with  the womens choir, we all sing only 2ncd Sunday of the month. We have a mass choir that sings always. This lady , choir director for the women sings all the time, praise team and all, she is  also on the drama  ministry. Well I think she doesn't like me because of my talent. When I went to rehersals the women lead me on and applauded  me and priased my singing. Mind you I have been singing for 30 years! longer than this women director who is about 30 +.Some of the women in the choir were upset with her, the lady that sang was only my backup if I wasnt able. I did not explain to the director that I take meds that have me sleepy and larthargic and  cannot sit threw 3 services!!!!
she was pissed I didnt make it to the earlier ones, but no one told me i had to. i even apologized to her before the service and I think she was being spitefull, allowing this other woman to sing who didnt want to sing an earlier service. I tell you, I really broke down yesterday .for the whole service!!! I sat in the lounge and watched it all on tv.I think everything hit me at once, the arguing with my husband and the stress and all. everyone came and encourged and hugged me after church and the main choir director who gave me the song hugged me and said he didn't know what happened. I tell you i love church, but church folks can hurt you. I  had a headache came home and went to sleep.My brother visited me in my dreams and comforted me !! he looked so good and was so happy, i was happy to see him. When I woke I cried realizing how much I miss him. Then last nit my dear dad visited me in my dreams,I honestly beleve loved ones spirit visit and watch over us in our dreams. i feel so much better. I decided not ot leave the choir jsut because the director is probly jelouse of me. that would make her day. I was told to keep singing cause I have a gift from god with my voice, people use to call me songbird. I have sung with the best of them and a few r& b groups also., weddings and funerals also. one rich ehite man who died some years ago request me to sing at his funeral and left this in writing !!! i was so shocked cause I barely new the man! his wife made the arrangements and I was paid 100.00 !!!! So I know I can sing, but I am never bragging or conceited about it. i try to stay humble. i have asked this same director many times to sing a solo. she always told me to wait. she has a beautiful voice so why pick on me???? i donno, but I am not gonna stop singing!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:56:19 am by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2010, 05:47:16 am »
Netta, it sounds like the choir director is very jealous of you, most likely because of your beautiful voice.  Just keep going-if you give up, she'll have won, and you don't want that.  Have you talked to Queen?  I think she tried to call me this weekend, when I wasn't here.  If you could, would you please text her for me and tell her I'll call her this weekend, or maybe sooner?  And if you wold, please let me know what's going on with her.  I'm very concerned.

I hope your stress lessens.  I'm still praying for you.  Stay strong.

Offline minismom

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:56 am »
Netta - gritters are those trucks that come along and simultaneously scrape the snow off the road and salt / sand the road.

We ended up not getting the snowfall predicted for yesterday.  It was cloudy and snowing earlier this morning, but now I'm looking at my window at a BEAUTIFUL blue sky with the sun shining brightly.  It's supposed to be like this for the rest of the week.  I can only hope they're right.  It is, however, still stinkin' cold.  Cold I can live with - snow just plain sucks.

Tomorrow we're taking the kids to my parents' house to sled.  Then we're going to roast hotdogs and marshmellows in their fireplace. 

Tonight is Mim's first day back at dance class.  Looks like we're FINALLY going to make it.

Have a great day!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.