Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:38:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 608
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Loved One Newly Diagnosed  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Allu Need

Loved One Newly Diagnosed
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:33 pm »
My husband is newly diagnosed.  I love him so much!  Nothing else matters to me.  His CD4 count is 339, VI 40,000.  Having some symtoms. We haven't seen the doc yet, appointment in less than 2 wks.  He is 56 and diabetic. This is a dark secret, no one to talk to.  Where I live, we won't be telling anyone.  I wonder just how sick is he?  Of course, no one can predict how things will go.  But I can't help worrying. I don't let him see that.  Thanks for being here for me and all of us.

Offline Allu Need

Re: Loved One Newly Diagnosed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:20:02 pm »
Forgot to mention that I am negative.  That was his first concern when he got the diagnosis.

Offline Jmarksto

Re: Loved One Newly Diagnosed
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
Hi Allu;

Sorry to hear of your husband's dx, but welcome to the forums. You found a great place for information and support.

I don't think anyone can tell you how sick your husband is or isn't on here - but just based on his numbers he should be fine with the proper treatment.  There are a number of people that get diagnosed with much lower CD4 numbers and higher VL numbers and do fine.

Many of us that aren't knowledgeable of the current medications and treatment think of the dark days of HIV --- things are very different now, with very effective medications with minimal side effects.

I recommend reading the "Newly Diagnosed" section here:

www.poz.com/newly_diagnosed.shtml

Your love and support is heart warming, and will help him.

Take care,

JM
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Allu Need

Re: Loved One Newly Diagnosed/Now the Meds Journey
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:59:26 pm »
Thanks, JM, for your kind reply and support. I am grateful to this forum
for all the resources and loving support.

My husband started on Atripla on 02-11.  Everything went fine, the
lumps on the back of his neck were receding and his blood sugars
were settling down. Then, 5 days ago, he began having major anxiety,
starting with something close to a panic attack during the night.

The doc put my husband on Ambien and Xanax so that we can just get
through this, and he can stay on Atripla.  Things seem to be going well.

I, for one, feel optimistic.  Maybe this account will help someone else.
We will stay in touch. 

Thanks, everyone!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.