Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 366
Total: 368

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: im so surprised and confussed at the same time  (Read 3794 times)

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
im so surprised and confussed at the same time
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:58:49 pm »
hello all my fellow people,i thought i would give all of you good people an update of whats been going on in my medical world.
i was at the docs yesterday and my cd4 is almost 600(599) vl undetectable ,and heres where the confussion comes in.last time my numbers were a little lower but still undetctable,but the % dropped from 26% to 23%,i know its not a significant drop but still it confusses me because everything else is going in the right direction and the %drops makes me worry im doing something wrong,but even the doc says hes not worried about it,so i guess i wont either.meds are doing the work they were desighned to do.next stop ortho again,knee isnt taking to the steroids like they have hoped and now i have to consider opening it up to correct the acl.and finally asked the doc whats gong on with the biopsy results but he didnt have a answer yet.im hoping that if my numbers are high enough,that we may try to get the hep c out of the way.so when i get the results i will tell all the people here.im starting to feel very good about things again,and hope everyone here has good news every now and then,i know how it feels and its amazing how it can make a big difference just in attitude,i wish you all good health,take care

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: im so surprised and confussed at the same time
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:00:46 pm »
Sweetpea,

Don't fret too much. You really don't have to worry about that % unless it dips under 21.

MtD

Offline alive2

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:07:38 pm »
am i correct that it has more to do with the cd4 cd8 connection?thanks matty

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 02:22:18 pm »
Fulch....599 cd4? ...I want some of those...

I am sure you will be just fine...You are getting better :)

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline alive2

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:23 pm »
i hope so im tired of this gut im starting to develope,i need to get rid of it,i never was in such bad shape before,time to turn up the pressure on the aabs.and yes im starting to feel like i can play ice hockey again,well only the goalie now but forward next month if all goes well,we will see.thanks but i cant give some of my numbers away,if i could i know i would to help my fellow man or woman.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 04:21:21 pm »
Hello Alive,

Looks to me that your doing just fine.
I hope the visit to the ortho goes well for you and your knee starts to respond to treatment. Keep us informed of your biopsy as soon as you know something.

You play ice hockey? My kind of man! I am a big Red Wings fan, me & hubby go to at least 10 games per season.

Have a great weekend!

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 05:10:51 pm »
I know you robbed those cd4's from the grocery store... I got it on video.. ;D

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 02:20:23 am »
Hello Alive2,

It is good news to hear that everything is going in the right direction. I am hoping that your knee responds to it's treatment as well. Keep up the good work on your health.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline alive2

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 11:03:16 pm »
I know you robbed those cd4's from the grocery store... I got it on video.. ;D
yes and i stole the money to buy them too ;D
yes eldon i hope so too,if it dosent take this time(2nd)then the knife comes back out again,acl was repaired but working in construction put a hurtin on it.im trying to all the things i can and have to i am not done yet,i need to get back to work i miss the g a 4 day work week.2 yers now and no help from the government,except medical.im certainly not going to get anything they want to hand out i have never been a sponge to the system,got to work to make a nice living for my 6 kids and wife.this way her money can be all hers again
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 11:09:17 pm by alive2 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.