Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:01:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 233
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why do they hop around so?  (Read 4182 times)

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
Why do they hop around so?
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:49:06 pm »

Man, my CD4 went from 573/38% to 475/?%.  My doc is out of town.  He told me to call in and talk to one of the other docs if I didn't want to wait.  I got so thrown by the 475 I forgot to ask the %, and then he just launched into how it doesn't matter, they move around, and as long as my VL is undectible there's nothing to worry about...which I know.  But sometimes it's hard not to freak.  I get worn down sometimes, as I'm sure you all understand.  I'll get my VL next week.  I was hoping this would eleviate some stress but it just added to it.  I'm moving in two days.  I still have to finish packing, and I have a job interview the same day I'm moving (just happened that way).  The interview is with a local ASO, so yeah...I'm nervous because I'd like to get the job.  Stress stress STRESSSSS!

Geez, i quit smoking.  I've been running everyday like a bat out of hell.  Shouldn't that make one's labs better?    Okay, I'm so rambling.  Just tell me not to worry. 

thanks,
brian

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Re: Why do they hop around so?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:54:03 pm »
Don't worry...  they move around.  The percentage is the key indicator really (well that and vl).  I was at 975 and then had a recent 670.  Granted, work has been hell on Earth and I haven't had a day off since December but still.... it's all good. 

Your work with smoking and exercise will pay off in other ways down the road.

Jason

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:19 pm »
Hey Brian,

The CD4s can yo-yo like crazy. I've seen mine go up and down by 400 or more between tests.

Hang in there, you are doing well.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »
Quitting smoking, moving, interviewing...all that sounds like added stress to me! And the stress can and will make you feel run-down.  But don't worry about jumping CD4 counts.  I've read (not sure where, someone back me up) that the can flux by 100 or more just in a single day. Do you get your labs drawn at the same hour each time you go in? I've also heard that for the average 9-5 person, t-cells peak around 7pm.  Since I'm more of a 7-3 person, I always try to get my labs drawn about 5pm.

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 10:11:14 pm »

Thanks for backing me up guys.  I know they fluctuate, but I just need people to pound it into me because I'm dealing with too much crap right now.  The past 2 draws I've gotten done around 6pm.  I started going after work so I wouldn't have to take time off.  I don't know if I'm your average 9-5 person.  I'm a bit of a square peg shoved into the 9-5 round hole, and a reformed night owl.  To be honest I feel burnt after work until I go running which seems to get me back on track. 

I've seen 'em hop around like crazy, but this is the first drop since I started meds...which is why the EEEEEP!!!

Anyway, thanks again!

brian

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:39:12 pm »
If this makes you feel any better.... Here are my cd4's..  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqF_FEizWs

Hugs,

Eric

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 12:39:04 am »

Damn, I wish my CD4's could do that! Thanks Eric!  That was definitely needed  :D

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:44 am »
Hey, my CD4 hover around 200, they like hopping around the thin red line.... But I heard the same thing, nothing to worry about if the % is persistent and the VL undetecable. My VL even blipped to detecteble a while ago, but the doc didn't seem worried. He said it can happen occasionally, what is important is the trend. 3 consecutive downward CD4 results, that's a trend.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.