Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:19:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 608
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 578
Total: 579

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: continuational BS  (Read 20405 times)

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: continuational BS
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:31 am »
Wow Jeff !
That's great ,
Mine have remained in mid to upper 400s
For years, have to retest soon because of the norvir swap out .
Will see if anything changes
Dermatologist 6/1  colonoscopy  6/15  what fun ....
Your doing something right ! Congratulations .
Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2015, 05:45:33 pm »
That's great to hear Jeff. I was stuck in the 450-700 range for years but broke out into the 800-1000 range a few years ago. It hasn't made a difference as far as how I feel but comforting never the less.

As far as the sodium issue goes... I love salt but my mother had issues with high sodium levels which I think complicated her high blood pressure meds. Mine are within the norm so maybe Betty is right? lol.

I know you have had major heart issues Greg. A high sodium level is not good in that regard. I wonder what your docs say.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »
I've not had any additional heart issues since getting the cleanse.  :)  I'm left to believe that all my previous health care professionals assumed AIDS would kill me so why worry about these other minor issues.

Except that young men don't start having heart attacks at 36.  But there also wasn't much known.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »
I've not had any additional heart issues since getting the cleanse.  :)  I'm left to believe that all my previous health care professionals assumed AIDS would kill me so why worry about these other minor issues.

Except that young men don't start having heart attacks at 36.  But there also wasn't much known.

Greg,

Major heart issues were very common in the early years.  When I was 35 I got cardio-myopathy, which is enlargement of the heart, from my HIV drugs.  I had the second highest level of heart damage you can get and it took about 10 years to fully recover.  What we didn't know really hit some of us hard.

Joe

Offline wolfter

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2015, 05:30:33 am »
Forgot to mention that when my doctor showed my graph, he believes my cd4 is on trend.  In December, I had hit 700 and then 800's by March.  Then 960 in May.  I don't normally do this many lab tests but with the med changes, he wanted to monitor it more closely.  I was another who remained low for so long but have seemed to skyrocket.

Also should have used correct terminology as this isn't in the old timers section and I don't want newly infected folk to think I did some sort of holistic cleanse to rid myself of ailments.  I had a complete angioplasty done and then stents installed.  100% improvement with no additional issues.  No longer on any heart meds.

My cardiologist is/was Dr. Qamar from Lancaster, Ohio who was executed by Muslim Extremist over his religious believes when he returned on a missionary trip to Pakistan. 

He was an excellent doctor and couldn't believe my previous doctor did nothing after reviewing my file that she provided.  Most people who have a 95% blocked artery will have issues.   :o

He also ordered a Western Blot test.  Since the lyme test was reactive, they need to verify how many titers I have (I guess).  It was getting a little over my head and made the decision that I'll ask all my questions after those results come in.  Plus, I see my results in advance and can research and have prior knowledge.

Hope everyone had a great memorial day.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2015, 09:32:59 am »
And thanks to being back on the insomnia regimen, I have plenty of time to work on projects.  This is the last piece of the bedroom suit that my sister-in-law was going to burn.  It was her parent's and had been in her basement for years accumulating mold and it looked nasty.

As soon as I saw it and realized it was solid maple, I agreed to haul it away.  :)  Absolutely love refinishing furniture.  It's a hobby so it doesn't feel like work.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:37 am »
WOW Greg ... you do amazing work !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:47 am »
Thanks Jeff.  I remember refinishing my first piece (a dresser) when I was 5 years old with my mother.  And since, I've never had a piece of particle board furniture in my home.  It's amazing what people throw away.  Especially after it has been painted.

I'm not beyond stopping to pick up someone's trash if I notice it's solid wood.  I have another dresser in the guest room that I bought years ago for $5.00 at a yard sale.  It was painted numerous times and was ugly.  Once stripped, it was beautiful. 

In many ways, paint protected the wood.  My grandmother once told me that the reason that beautiful wood was painted, was that it was a status symbol to afford paint.  Her mahogony staircase was painted white and the people who bought her house refinished it.  Absolutely beautiful.  When she died, a few pieces were thrown in the pile to be burnt.  I grabbed them.  One side table was solid freaking cherry.  A few repairs and a little work afforded me a beautiful piece.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2015, 09:58:03 am »
I love old wood furniture !
Greg ,your a man of many talents .
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2015, 10:00:33 am »
I have been known to dumpster dive now and then myself and have salvaged some great things that way . I have a Hoosier cabinet I got off a pile of rubbish that only needed some paint and I made stain glass panels for the doors also .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2015, 10:05:12 am »
I love old wood furniture !
Greg ,your a man of many talents .

why thank you.  My best talents also involve wood.  LMAO 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2015, 10:06:54 am »
I have been known to dumpster dive now and then myself and have salvaged some great things that way . I have a Hoosier cabinet I got off a pile of rubbish that only needed some paint and I made stain glass panels for the doors also .

I'll have to google hoosier cabinets.  The show "rehab addict" is awesome.  She turns trash into some beautiful things.  I'll take a picture and post of what I did this morning with an apartment sized table.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:28 am »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:10 am »
Cool ! I have one old piece I rescued off the side of the road,
has moved three times with me.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:19 am »
The cabinet I found is the kind that has the flour bin and sifter on it .

https://www.google.com/search?q=hoosier+cabinets.&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XH5kVYvOMs3poAT_8oGQCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=561

A dry cupboard.  They had many names.  Many had incorporated pie safes and such.  I think granny had one that had some sort of metal counter top.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2015, 10:18:11 am »
I like those , never knew what they were called.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2015, 10:27:46 am »
This is what I did with a little dinette set that I bought after Bill died.  I had to move quickly since I wasn't anyone to his family and heirs.  Sorry, that's so off topic.  Anyways, I bought this cheap wooden set at a 2nd hand store.  I just didn't know what to do with it.  It had the 2 x 4 type chairs that went with it but it kinda meant something to me. 

And I'm going against my own grain here cause I'm lightly sanding this new coffee table and painting it black then applying a nice lacquer.  I was in my work shop at 6:00 this morning cutting it down and turning it into (hopefully) a nice piece.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2015, 10:49:13 am »
OH, and here are a couple of the other pieces of this set before I decide to finish being productive.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2015, 03:52:38 pm »
I've been quite cranky of late and decided upon some therapy, retail therapy that is!  :)  I've never seen much need for a large TV except that I've been annoyed with people telling me how strange it looks having such a large room with my tiny tv there. 

So I joined the trends and bought a 55" RCA flat screen today.  Bought the wall mounting kit, but it'll take 2 people to finish so I'll use my existing cabinet.

Peace be with you all and hopefully I've fulfilled a part of me that has been missing for a while.   SHOPPPING!!!!   LOL

Offline wolfter

OADAP recertification
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:55 am »
So in the midst of my recent grief, I had an appointment to get recertified.  Since I already had the appointment, I decided to just get it done as it's soon to expire.  Part of the new AARC oh Ohio guidelines require that they ask questions and report them to the health department.  ( I think).  I obviously wasn't too focused but her questions garnered so many smart ass answer from me.

She already know I have a BF and questioned me on sexual practices.  Do we always use protection for oral and anal sex?  Seriously?  Is this 1985 and don't they even know that oral isn't a risk.  She also knows the other Greg and I have a long history and that we're in a committed sexual relationship.  She then asked if I disclose before every sexual encounter.

YEP, I remind him everytime that I still have the AIDSY thing.   ::)  She asked if I needed a copy of the Ohio laws pertaining to discloser. 

I see so many typos but have no desire to correct them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:14:24 am by wolfter »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.