Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:46:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 724
Total: 727

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Intelence Truvada  (Read 5254 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Intelence Truvada
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:51:01 am »
Started Intelence today to see if it can knock out those last 75 persistent tiny virons keeping me "detectable".
Yes, I want to be stealth soon! 

Also, Sustiva drives me nuts.

Seems to be a relatively uncommon HAART drug, Intelence. Quite new.  Anyone have good reports? Kinda lame name, "Intelence" - is it really clever (I hope so) or will it also make me clever (can't hurt!)?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:53:25 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline dearestgrandson

Re: Intelence Truvada
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:09:03 pm »
One of the main advantages of Intelence over other NNRTI's is that it has a higher barrier to resistance. If I were involved in making HIV treatment recommendations I would recommend that patients start on the newer, less toxic medications first, but primarily those with strong antiviral effects and high barriers to resistance.

If I were an HIV doctor I would probably start my patients on Truvada and Prezista, Truvada and Intelence, or Truvada and Isentress. Leaving older medications for salvage therapy instead of the newer ones. I believe that some studies have shown or suggested that those on salvage therapy tend to fair worse then those on a starting therapy. Although, that may have been because there were more limited drugs available. But I would start my patients on the drugs that were likely to supress their viral loads for the longest period of time. Nevirapine, efavirenz, and delviradine all have very low barriers to resistance and for patients who do not take 95+% of their medications on time everyday would be at high risk of resistance.

Sorry, I got a bit off topic. Good luck on your new combination.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:42:18 am »
Hi all,
I found really positive research reports comparing Intelence and other new generation NNRTIs to Sustiva/efavirenz

this is an overall great discussion:   http://www.thebody.com/content/art46396.html

Well just a few days on Intelence and its not really smooth sailing, I would say i feel this NNRTI more than sustiva - which at the beginning gave me no side effects whatsoever. 

I have a headache and I'm itchy and quite tense.  It seems to be as trippy as sustiva!  But the research says, No.  Like Linda, on Little Britain.

Well I'll (try to) chill for a few weeks and see what happens. The research says this is the effective bomb that would seem to promise undetectable so I'll keep an open mind.

I really need to do something spiritual it seems - I feel I may be more reactive than the average to HAART - so since I gotta take it forever now, I've got to find a way to have my body make peace with it.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:44:14 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline ChefDD

• White Whisker Cook (aka. ChefDD)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:45:29 pm »
Greetings!
      I started Intellence 6 weeks ago and no problem! Double knock on wood! I can't take Sustiva and many of the other ones. I am also on Truvada, Issentress, Prezista and Norvir. These meds started 8 weeks ago. My viral load jumped up to 390 for a period of 6 months. The doctor was able to do a genotype which said the virus was mutating around most of the old meds. I have been on some sort of meds since AZT came out in 1988. Tested positive in 1986. Good luck on Intellence!  Sustiva gave me such a bad rash the doctor thought I had a second degree sunburn! 
Take care,
ChefDD
ChefDD ( White Whisker )

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.