Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:51:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773358
  • Total Topics: 66357
  • Online Today: 187
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: how hot is it where you are?  (Read 4763 times)

Offline initforlife

how hot is it where you are?
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:07 pm »
Here in Tn it is way to hot heat index already 110  and getting hotter 
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: how hot is it where you are?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 03:57:41 pm »
Its a nice 62 at the moment.
This afternoon it was a sunny and warm 69, really nice for the warm weather to be with us.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline LukasAtlPZ

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:22:19 pm »
its the deep south, so its hot as all get out

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »
I struggle with all this farenheit stuff, so have had to resort to an online converter...

This week has been very hot in the UK (by our standards). Where I live it tipped 95 earlier this week.

Biggest downside of really hot weather here, is that all the creepy crawlies seem to appear. Nothing like the killer creepy crawlies you get in Australia or the Deep South I'm sure, but still...

Today was a weird one as it was much cooler - 69 - yet far much humid it seems. I've spent most of the day wearing a sheen of sweat*

* I suppose there is an outside chance that this is in part due to the Syphilis/HIV/Obesity (delete as appropriate) but I'm blaming mother nature...
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 06:02:16 am »
Yesterday it was 95F with 100% humidity, so it felt like 105F.  The humidity makes it hard to breathe, that's my complaint.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 09:50:33 am »
Today will be 88 and our hottest day of summer so far .
Happy it will move back in the 70s and low 80s tomorrow  8)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline initforlife

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:12 pm »
Well for all of you that have the cooler weather  Good for you!    lol  it is going to be another hot one today...just a little cooler then hell in case yall need to know how hot it is  and humid here too betty.   to humid for anything to breathe watched our cat walk across the road to the house and he was panting so hard when  he got to the door...and he ain't even a fat kitty. Demon but not fat lol 
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline ARMANDO

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 07:37:36 am »
with the heat index 104,here in SAN ANTONIO TEXAS and the humidity is right up there too!!!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 08:02:37 am »
Biggest downside of really hot weather here, is that all the creepy crawlies seem to appear. Nothing like the killer creepy crawlies you get in Australia or the Deep South I'm sure, but still...
the worst part of moving from Ohio back to the Carolinas is that it never gets cold enough here to kill off the bugs. I still see flies, mosquitoes, spiders, and fleas in the colder winter months too.

I don't think South Carolina has seen a day below 90 since May. We've had probably two weeks worth of days spread across the summer so far that have been over 100, reaching up to 110 at the first of last week. This has been a terribly hot summer. So hot even the pool water has been up to 98 several times. And that's disgusting! It's so warm it's like swimming in a pool of urine.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline johnboy2015

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:12:07 am »
Here is Las Vegas, NV is averages 110 but has gone as high as 116.  Strange thing is that the early mornings are comfortable.  Guess I'm finally acclimating.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 11:15:54 am »
Heat index in the 100's today in Richmond -- and I'm going to play a tennis match at noon!!!  Hope it goes quick -- win or lose -- I tend to have long drawnout matches.......

Mike

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 03:15:19 pm »
So hot even the pool water has been up to 98 several times. And that's disgusting! It's so warm it's like swimming in a pool of urine.

Some people would pay good money to do that :)
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 08:09:38 pm »

I called out of work on Friday.   It wasn't that I was sick or anything, just wore out from working in 95 degree temps (110 index) all week.   Tomorrow, due to storms, temps are supposed to be in the mid 80's.   
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 09:35:34 pm »
with the heat index 104,here in SAN ANTONIO TEXAS and the humidity is right up there too!!!

I'm just north of you in the Austin area, and yes, it's been bloody hot, 100 or over every day recently. We have rain chances beginning tomorrow, so maybe we'll cool off a bit!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 12:43:08 am »
Typical Ohio here.  hot and humid with a chance of ebbing.  Our heat index was beyond my tolerance today.  Even with the central air running all day it never got below 74.  But it don't matter to me.....I'm keeping my bedroom portable unit in for added comfort.

My hvac guy says my unit is working well according to the temps.  NO, not unless it reaches the low 70s
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline weasel

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 10:44:20 am »
Here is Las Vegas, NV is averages 110 but has gone as high as 116.  Strange thing is that the early mornings are comfortable.  Guess I'm finally acclimating.

Hi JohnBoy2015  :)

Oh how I miss Las Vegas and the dry heat  :)  I've not driven my convertible since moving here .

Here in Missouri it is stifling hot !    As most people know  , I HATE MISSOURI WEATHER  :'(

Be well , Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »
My hvac guy says my unit is working well according to the temps.  NO, not unless it reaches the low 70s
You know I was living in a similar home last summer. After we had done all that remodeling (including re-insulating the hell outta the walls and ceiling across the center of the home), our AC was having an issue last summer. We had the HVAC guy out a couple of times but finally got the system to do what it was supposed to do. I agree with you that it should be able to at least cool down to the low 70s
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 09:09:53 am »
You know I was living in a similar home last summer. After we had done all that remodeling (including re-insulating the hell outta the walls and ceiling across the center of the home), our AC was having an issue last summer. We had the HVAC guy out a couple of times but finally got the system to do what it was supposed to do. I agree with you that it should be able to at least cool down to the low 70s

I discovered the problem this morning.  Fortunately before calling my HVAC tech to check it out.  Turns out my cold air return filter was mostly clogged.  Our entire community is dealing with all the damn dust due to the new dam contstruction.  :(  Until it's completed, looks like I'll have to replace it every couple of weeks.

I've even had to power wash the house twice already this summer.  Some days you can actually see the clouds of dirt drifting down my street.  Of course, I'm down wind of the project and there's no obstacles to break the dirt clouds before reaching me. 

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 09:16:20 am »
I discovered the problem this morning.  Fortunately before calling my HVAC tech to check it out.  Turns out my cold air return filter was mostly clogged.  Our entire community is dealing with all the damn dust due to the new dam contstruction.  :(  Until it's completed, looks like I'll have to replace it every couple of weeks.

I've even had to power wash the house twice already this summer.  Some days you can actually see the clouds of dirt drifting down my street.  Of course, I'm down wind of the project and there's no obstacles to break the dirt clouds before reaching me.

Hey Greg,
I had he same problem when it started getting hot .   Clogged air filter... ::)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:54 am »

Hey Greg,
I had he same problem when it started getting hot .   Clogged air filter... ::)

Looks like I'll need to replace them every couple of weeks.  Heading to Lowes shortly and will buy in bulk.  The unit is currently running without one which isn't good on the unit.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 09:32:45 am »
I buy a case at a time and use the ACE hardware brand they
are good quality and WAY cheaper  !!
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »
94 and feels 105.  That's normal here.  I'm in southwest Florida so I'm used to the heat, I don't mind it, but I do hate the cold.
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.