Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:18:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773223
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 601
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Scared for oral  (Read 11391 times)

Offline YoungandConcerned

• Standard
Scared for oral
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
Okay, so I've been advised by other post I'm ok and even a HIV expert that said "the chances of you having HIV, you would have a better chance of being struck by a meteor while writing your question" but I just have a question I want to ask for other opinions. My risk was that on June 7th, my friend and I, we are male, white and 17 year old heterosexuals from a city with only 2000 positive people out of 500,000 people, experimented. We never had any other male partners ever and other then me, I know for a fact that my other partner had, had no other sexual partners other then a 17 year old girl in which he had protected sex with.

Stupidly, we were fooling around and I attempted brief, insertive unprotected anal sex with him. He didn't like it and yelled at me to stop from pain and it lasted less then 5 seconds and I couldn't of gone more then an inch in, probably less. We've done this many times before where we attempted it but it never worked as I never  made it in more then an inch. This exposure has me concerned specifically. I was never concerned before because he was a virgin and never did anything with a girl before, he didn't do drugs and he obviously wasn't born with HIV being he is 17 and obviously not on meds. I'm concerned now because of my symptoms and the fact that this was the second time we experimented since he had protected, heterosexual sex, I know he no longer is a virgin. I just hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I'm concerned now because 10days, (June 17th) after exposure I started getting penile and testicular pains.

June 20th, slight, slight sore throat with post nasal drip. Noticed swollen lymph node directly under chin above adams apple, never had a swollen node there before/never recognized it.

The same week I experienced slight muscle aches, loss of weight and loose bowels but not diarrhea probably form stress as I am a hypochondriac, I get it from my mother.

It's now July 18th, the sore throat is reoccurring but it seems to be my allergies especially because there was a major storm today, along with it being 103 degrees out and I started feeling like I had a sore throat and had a stuffy nose while sitting in my hot room still with the swollen lymph node. The loose bowels is still here.

The swollen node seems to get very small, and then shoots up when my allergies bother me/I don't feel good and it seems to be a little bigger in the morning then goes down.

At no point did I have a fever, rash, generalized lymph nodes swellings (just the neck and I thought the groin) severe sore throat and severe aches and pains.

I have no other swollen nodes. I explained my situation to my mom. She understands, she says experimenting is life and she isn't mad and she said she isn't the least bit concerned about HIV because my friend I mentioned, who is my neighbor, she knows it's HIGHLY unlikely in the first place he has HIV and that after explaining his sexual experiences she said "he doesn't have it, it's not possible from what he did, he used a condom, relax"

I am very, very skinny and I thought I felt nodes in my groin but apparently with my weight, and many other people, palpable nodes are common in the groin and they are not raised through the skin so they're probably not swollen. My mom checked my arm pits and she said nothing is swollen and trust me she knows what she is looking for, she has been through breast cancer scares, lymphoma scares you name it.

Based on my story, what do you think my chances of having HIV are? I'm very scared and young.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Scared for oral
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »
If you had unprotected penetrative anal sex and the only way to know your status is by testing.

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
I understand that, I've heard that am million times haha. I'm just wondering if my mother and the HIV expert is right by saying I shouldn't have a concern from this and that I don't have HIV from this due to the circumstances.

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:27 pm »
And do these symptoms look like ARS symptoms?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »
Tell them to put their crystal ball and cards away and get tested.

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »
I understand that but RapidRod you're missing what I'm saying. I clearly understand testing is the only way to know, but after countless confirmative messages from him, and actually resulting in me losing him as a friend because I kept annoying about this all, he repeatedly tells me nothing happened to the condom when he had sex with the girl. And he has only had sex with the girl.

I'm asking, from those circumstances, which you in any way expect my results to be positive. I'm sorry, I just needed clarification and I look up to you all being so young at 17.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:41:51 pm »
 You are missing the point. Symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything about your status. You never take anyones word about their status. The only way to know your status is by testing. It's really simple.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 06:14:14 am »
Young,

While you are highly unlikely to end up hiv positive over this very brief, shallow, insertive incident, you DO need to learn from it.

You simply CANNOT go by what someone tells you about their sexual history or their testing history or anything else they tell you, or how they look, what they do for a living, or where they live. You MUST use condoms.

You should also test. I don't expect you to test positive, but your hiv status is never anything to guess about.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:50 pm »
I gave unprotected oral sex to a male. It lasted 1 maybe 2 minutes and it did involve a good amount of pre-cum. I did not swallow the pre-cum and he did not ejaculate in my mouth. I also avoided deep throating because, what concerns me is that at the time, I had a sore throat, a slight one, while giving him oral and I also bite the side of my cheeks from nerves but I didn't have any dental work or bleeding gums or ulcers, just a slight sore throat and cheek biting while giving oral sex.

About 5 days later, my sore throat came back and it came with some swollen nodes and 2 weeks later my sore throat is still here on and off and I feel like my nodes in my armpit are swollen possibly with joint pain in my jaw and swollen neck nodes as well.

Should I be concerned?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
■Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

■If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:16 am »
Young,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unless you've got absolutely terrible oral health (google meth-mouth) - not like what you describe - then you're worrying for no good reason.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

You do not need to test specifically over this brief blowjob.

Please re-read your entire thread.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:07 pm »
Yes I understand it's almost no risk, but when there is still a risk involved with giving oral sex, do you think there is still a risk, with the already slight, small risk, without ejaculation into the mouth? I don't have bad oral health. I'm only 17 so I can't imagine my teeth being bad, I brush everyday, plus I was concerned about the slight sore throat with inflammation possibly and the biting of the side of my cheeks.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27:10 pm »
Yes I understand it's almost no risk, but when there is still a risk involved with giving oral sex, do you think there is still a risk, with the already slight, small risk, without ejaculation into the mouth? I don't have bad oral health. I'm only 17 so I can't imagine my teeth being bad, I brush everyday, plus I was concerned about the slight sore throat with inflammation possibly and the biting of the side of my cheeks.

Thanks
The answers are not going to change, no matter how many ways you ask the same question. Reread the replies you have been given.

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 11:47:22 pm »
So no risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 07:59:12 am »
The risk is strictly only theoretical. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Period.

Use condoms for those activities properly and consistently and you will be well protected against the virus.
Andy Velez

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 03:27:00 pm »
One more question and I will be on my way. I understand that for infection to be likely there would have to be alot of virus in the viral load and open wounds that are deep enough such as teeth pulling or something that would require stitching when it comes to oral sex. I know everyone is different, but my partner who claims he is negative, and had sex with one other partner in mid April, if he was somehow infected because he lied about condom use, would his viral load be high almost 3 months later? If god forbid he was infected, he did not experience ARS. So he would be asymptomatic if he was infected god forbid if that matter towards viral load.

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »
I'm sorry, I ment the unprotected oral sex occurred a little more then 3 months after his "exposure".

I highly doubt he is negative. He is a teen, straight for the most part, and doesn't have sex with other men other then me. I have dipped him several times on accident unprotected which originally led me here but I tested negative 8 weeks after exposure so it makes me believe even more he is negative because he would have a sky high viral load I would imagine a month after his "exposure" when we began our sexual activities.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 03:48:30 pm »
There will not be a different answer no matter what spin you put on your situation.

Becoming sexually active is scary, especially in a small town and especially if that sexual activity ends up being of the same-sex variety.

It's easy to confuse guilt and shame with legitimate worry over real infection. What you have described in your posts is basically the same sexual stuff that a lot of 17 year olds do. And while your actual risk for HIV is QUITE low, your anxiety over it seems quite high. Alarmingly so, even.

I think a little perspective might be in order.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »
I'm currently seeing a therapist to help calm my fears who is aware of my situation along with my mother and they aren't the slightest bit worried at all about my HIV status but they are for my mental health. I also just started anxiety medication.

But you all agree my risk is negligible/no risk then?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:44 am »
Young,

Why don't you read your entire thread again? My opinion hasn't changed and I doubt anyone else's has either.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 04:56:32 pm »
I got your PM ... Please read your thread again as you have already been advised on what is is not a risk . You asked about a recent oral concern in your PM and the answers are already in your thread . We have made some changes since you were last around and as a member of AM I you are not allowed to send PM's so I adjusted your settings .

Please clam down and read your thread again ... you did not have a risk giving or getting a blow job .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »
Hey all.

I'm a straight male.

Someone gave me fellaito. It was a guy. It was lapse of judgement. I feel guilty and regret it. I know it's no risk, at least that's what everyone seems to say. Everyone here and other sites all seem to say that giving is theoretical and getting is impossible pretty much. I know GIVING fellatio is theoretical but GETTING is absolutely not a risk.

12 days after the incident, I came down with a virus. Fever, sore throat, fatigue and loose bowels for 3.5 days and swollen lymph nodes that are still here 3-4 weeks after symptoms began. I immediately panicked. I would of never have thought twice about about getting fellatio if it wasn't for the symptoms because I thought besides kissing, mutual masturbaition and frotage, getting fellatio is no risk as well.. It sent off alarm bells. I clearly understand HIV risk. I've worked as an educator but I can't help to wonder why I got sick and I have these swollen lymph nodes still.

I tested 26 days (3.5-2.8 weeks) after the event and exactly 2 weeks after my symptoms began using a standard 3rd Generation HIV test. The result came back nonreactive after a very long week of waiting for my results.

1.) If my illness and swollen glands were due to HIV, wouldn't my HIV test return reactive 2 weeks after they began?

2.) Do you honestly think it's worth testing again at 6 weeks and then again at 3 months due to my illness, the persisting swollen lymph nodes and persisting fatigue?

Thank you

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »
The answer is not going to change . You can't get HIV from a blow job . Read your thread again .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:09 pm »
Can you please answer my two questions to your knowledge. Those are the only answers I need, even if they're hypothetical. I've see stories on this website a while back about someone, 1 or 2 people, who believe they got it from getting a blow job.

I'm only 19. NEVER in my life have I had any sort of unprotected anal or vaginal sex. Not with my girlfriend, not with a friend with benefits. Ever.

I feel so unlucky. I feel as though these symptom are all related. The sex educator says that because I tested negative, the symptoms were just a cold/virus and not related to HIV.

Is it true my test would undoubtedly be positive if my symptoms were the ARS?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »
You are not listing to what we say and you broke the rules again after being warned about posting outside of your thread. YOU CANT GET HIV FROM GETTING YOUR DICK SUCKED

1.) If my illness and swollen glands were due to HIV, wouldn't my HIV test return reactive 2 weeks after they began?

We do not discuss symptoms because they are not specific to HIV . You have not had a risk and have reliably tested negative . If you are sick go see a doctor ... we can't help you with that and its not caused by HIV .

2.) Do you honestly think it's worth testing again at 6 weeks and then again at 3 months due to my illness, the persisting swollen lymph nodes and persisting fatigue?

No ... but if thats what it takes to convince you that you did not have a risk then by all means go test .

You really should not have bought a subscription because you are heading for a time out quick if you keep this up .

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:32 pm »
I will post back with my results then when I got test next week. I understand. I'll stop. It's not easy. I have no one to talk to and my therapist and such are so nieve on the subject so it's difficult. My mother is the only one I can speak to but she responds the same way you do: No risk.

I'm sincerely sorry. It's not easy living my life like this. I just want my life back. My OCD has kicked into overdrive and it's so bad, my psychiatrist boosted my anxiety medication up.

I'm having trouble putting things into perspective. I turned to you guys to help me with that, and even that isn't enough to calm my fears. It's not any of your faults. You're all doing your jobs and spiting facts. I have a lot of issues to work out mentally. Here's not the place to do it. I know it's not, I was given the facts.

Anyway, Goodnight! :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 10:42:18 pm »
If we could make it better for you we would do it in an instant but discussing no risk incidents with you is enabling and I do not want to do that to you . Please get the help you need that we can't provide from your doctor or psychiatrist . Please do not force me to give you a time out ... whether you believe it or not that would make us both feel really awful .

Im wishing you the best ... go get the help you need and move on in life and be happy . You can do this .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »
Thank you, Jeff. I can do this. It's about controlling the OCD and forgetting about the symptoms.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 09:57:32 pm »

Please only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter . You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 02:56:33 pm »
You know you are only to post here but just couldn’t help yourself . Do not do it again please.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.