Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:16:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Getting to know you!  (Read 5935 times)

Offline kypozguy

• Kentucky Poz Guy
    • My group website
Getting to know you!
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:29:27 pm »
Hello AMG Family,

I realized I never really introduced myself when I came onboard with David25luvit's invitation to Montreal.  I thought I would post some information about myself to introduce myself to you.  I hope you will do the same, specially those going to Montreal.  Sort of a meet and greet before the actually "Meet and Greet" in Montreal.

My name is Marc and I live in Louisville KY. I found out I was HIV+ Oct 5, 1985 my senior year in college.  The American Red Cross call me on the phone to notify me that my donation tested positive for HIV. Oct '85 was the first month they started testing donations for HIV.  I work for a specialized advertising agency flying special shape hot air balloons at international balloon events and festivals.   
http://www.oxfordpromotions.com

I am also the property manager and leasing manager for an office/warehouse complex of 80 units. http://www.delor.info

I manage and design all our websites for both business although they are rather simple in design.  My job has taken me to 21 countries around the world with the balloons. How I lucked into this job I don't know.  Some of my favorite cities are Ottawa, Rio de Janerio & Sydney.  I am 42yrs old and single. 

I also organize a social group for HIV+ guys since Oct 2000 when founded.  The group now comprises of about 55 members and we meet twice a month. http://www.loupoz.com I am very proud of my work with the Louisville Poz Buddies and where it has come.  I have been dealing with the effects of Lipodystrophy and the tolls it takes on ones self esteem.  I have been thru 6 treatments of Sculptra and although have seen some result, haven't had the results I wished I'd see.

Looking forward to meeting you all!  Only 6 days left for me

Cheers,
Marc

[attachment deleted by admin]
See you at AMG 06--Montreal Quebec Canada--August 17 - 21, 2006

Diagnosed Oct 05, 1985

Organizer and Moderator of the Louisville Poz Buddies Social group in Louisville Kentucky USA.

Offline Basquo

Re: Getting to know you!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:38:07 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you, too!  Thanks for the formal introduction, and we'll all meet next week!

Best,
Creighton
(Basquo)

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:05:35 pm »
Cool intro.....

See you next week.

Sae.
Meh.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:36:40 pm »
Hi Marc:

When I first read your into I thought to myself, "wait a minute" , why is an intro needed?  Funny what these gatherings can do to us.  As soon as you became a part of Montreal, I felt a connection to you immediately.  Crazy huh?

Anyway Marc, I'm glad you took the time to introduce yourself,  you sound like you've got a fascinating job with lots of adventures.  :D  I'm eager to hear about them when we get to Montreal.

See ya soon buddy! 

RAB   ;D

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »
Hi Marc,

Many thanks for your introduction and definitely looking forward to meet you as well. It seems you were expecting us to introduce ourselves to you, and guess nobody is doing it because we did awhile ago in another part of the forum. At this moment I just can't find it ( perhaps someone else can locate these two threads ( part 1 & 2 and post the links here ) but if I do I'll post the links here.

I think most people attending the gathering did introduce themselves into those two threads.

See ya soon Marc...

The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:22:38 pm »
Hi Marc,

I am looking forward to meeting you in person!   

Hugs,

Alan   ;)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:52:39 pm »
Hello Marc,

Thanks for introducing yourself...wow...that is a fantastic job you have! I've always wanted a ride in one of those things!!

I was very busy during the thread of introductions, so I'm afraid I was a bad AMG sibling...but, I'm a single gal living in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas in Northern California, and you might have read the recent newspaper articles about me this week.

I joined our fabulous Forums in September of last year.......and OMG, did that ever widen my horizons!!

Words cannot express how excited I am right now to travel to Montreal (due to the generousity of one of our members, BTW) so that I may finally meet several of these fine individuals who have become so important to me.

Looking forward to meeting you, as well...glad you could join us!

My best,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 12:03:40 am »
Hey Marc I live right in the center of Southwest Virginia. I am 35 was diagnosed with aids in 2004. Use to live and work in Myrtle Beach Sc for 7 years made my life living and working in a hotel there. Today I am on disability my numbers are cd4=174 and VL=undectable.

Looking forward into meeting you while I'm in Montreal.

Also welcome to our forum family.

Offline kypozguy

• Kentucky Poz Guy
    • My group website
Thanks for the warm welcome!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 08:17:02 am »
Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcomes!  I look forward to meeting you all soon.  David gets here on Wednesday and we head there on Thursday morning.

FIVE MORE DAYS!!!

Marc
See you at AMG 06--Montreal Quebec Canada--August 17 - 21, 2006

Diagnosed Oct 05, 1985

Organizer and Moderator of the Louisville Poz Buddies Social group in Louisville Kentucky USA.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 12:19:45 pm »
Hey Marc...

It pleases me to no end that you have joined our little family and having communicated with you for quite some time, I am confident that others will come to admire and love you the way I do.  Your struggle with HIV has been a long one but you have faced it with courage and conviction and I for one am proud to call you Friend.  Welcome to the family.  Looking forward to our time together and the trip to Montreal where I am quite certain we shall make some fabulous memories with the greatest bunch of people I have ever known.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.