Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:53:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 608
Total: 612

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: any insurance program recommended for self-employed  (Read 5934 times)

Offline longma99

any insurance program recommended for self-employed
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:17:41 pm »
Hello all

I quit my engineer job and become a self employed and need to take care of insurance by myself now.

any insurance program recommended? how they cover the HIV medication? I am taking Genvoya now. Hopefuly as least out of pocket as possbile

Thank you very much

Offline BKKKevin

Re: any insurance program recommended for self-employed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:33:38 am »
You don't say what country your located in - That makes a big difference...

If United States check out the Affordable Care Act website - Right now is open enrollment... For med coverage look at a silver plan and also look at Gilead's Copay Card for Genvoya to cover Copay deductible that the insurance doesn't cover...

I have a Silver plan with a $5,800 out of pocket maximum and use Gileads Copay Card which covers up to $6,000 so I pay nothing for meds and schedule all my doctors visits later in the year after my out of pocket max reached so I pay nothing for tests, visits and such...

Offline longma99

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 03:06:37 am »
Hello BKKKevin

Thank you very much for your detailed response. Yes I am in the US.
I am not qualified for low income insurance.
as for Gilead copay card for genvoya, are you talking about The Gilead Advancing Access®
Co-pay Program?

Offline longma99

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 03:15:02 am »
I enrolled for The Gilead Advancing Access® Co-pay Program, but I didnt see anywhere  it mentioned the $6,000

btw, when the co-pay card should be mentioned? call the insurance company to add co-pay card, right?

Thanks

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 09:53:43 am »
The ACA Insurance is not low income insurance... It is open to all... The system sets competitive price option for you in your particular state... Its an excellent shopping tool... If your income is high the only difference is you will not get a government subsidy for your premiums....

Gileads annual copay amount varies by drug... Review this POZ link for more information and use the Googler to research your specific drugs potential copay...  https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/drug-assistance-programs

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 02:05:16 pm »
btw, when the co-pay card should be mentioned? call the insurance company to add co-pay card, right?

When you are at or talking to the pharmacist they will tell you what your insurance will not cover… That’s when you tell the pharmacist that you have a copay card…

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.