Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:13:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 638
Total: 639

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Winter.  (Read 344265 times)

Offline wolfter

Re: Winter.
« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2014, 04:23:34 am »
Same here.  Bread is gone from stores.  I could go without bread for several days, not to mention one or two.  I laughed when the reporter said, "All 1% milk is gone."  Dear lord!  I just kept thinking of people refusing to drink 2% or skim, and leaving the store without.

I broke down and went to the grocery yesterday only because I haven't done so in weeks.  I couldn't believe the sites.  there was one couple along with their teenage child each pushing a cart that were entirely full. 

On another note, I just got home from work (left early) thinking I could miss the worst of it.  It rained here all evening and now it's an entire sheet of ice.  My little rear wheel drive truck barely got moving.  Took 20 minutes for the 3 mile drive.  Never got out of 2nd gear and even then I was sliding all over the place. 

I promptly cracked a beer upon entering the house.  ;)  My nerves are still jittery.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #401 on: January 06, 2014, 06:59:13 am »
ps: our maximum wind chill low during all of this will be -20°F... But Betty's will be -55°F so I guess I'll just shut up.

No, I didn't say that.  I said anyone with temps above 20F with no snow.  You have the right to bitch. 

I wish I knew how to post pics from my cellphone, I would take a picture of how the snow comes to the top of my porch, which has two steep stairs.  And it's -5F right now.  I guess I'm going to eat in about 1/2 an hour, then take a shower and get bundled up and shovel. :P   And start my car several times today, hopefully it's not already frozen.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline wolfter

« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:00 am »
Betty, they're forecasting -40 windchill today in our areas.  My truck barely cranked a few hours ago and doubt it would now.  I've seen several vehicles with tarps over them.  Nothing like Midwestern ingenuity  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #403 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:57 am »
I shit you not -- it's a balmy, rainy 60F right now this morning. It will be 6F in 24 hours. Huge long front of thunderstorms (thunderstorms the first week of January in Philadelphia?) are the prelude to the precipitous temperature shift.

THIS IS NOT NORMAL PEOPLE. #polarvortex

ps: We definitely mock the milk & bread run folks here. It's not necessary unless you're expecting a full-on blizzard with +25 inches and how often does that occur? Even then I don't see full runs on my supermarket because at least 50% of their customers walk to it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:43:53 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #404 on: January 06, 2014, 07:34:36 am »
The high for for Memphis today will be 9F.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2014, 07:37:48 am »
Betty, they're forecasting -40 windchill today in our areas.  My truck barely cranked a few hours ago and doubt it would now.  I've seen several vehicles with tarps over them.  Nothing like Midwestern ingenuity  ;D

The weather is very similar isn't it Greg?  If my car is frozen, at least I have nowhere to go today, and:

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/INDOT-roads-update-238843481.html

It's basically not "legal" to go out on the roads here now, unless it's an emergency vehicle. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline wolfter

« Reply #406 on: January 06, 2014, 07:50:33 am »
That's what we started with MissP.  It melted all the snow, then rained and immediately went below zero.  You don't walk outside currently, you shuffle.  unless you're drinking, then you just fall down until you figure out it's best to shuffle.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #407 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:01 am »
Putting things in perspective, with the wind chill factor we'll have overnight I'm expecting a 70-75 degree temperature shift in 24 hours. When has this happened before?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2014, 07:58:59 am »
I was going to do my supermarket thing because the rain and temperature shift wasn't going to occur until 10am, but alas it's happened right after I woke up so while it's warm still it's like a lite-hurricane outside so that's not happening.

I confess to having more food than I previously stated, but it's frozen items my mother sent back with me after Christmas so I shall start thawing things.

It's really only tomorrow that I will refuse to go outdoors -- I have a meeting tonight and it will be 27F when I let out of that, which I can handle. And Wednesday it will go up to 30F so I'll just go grocery shopping then.

ps: for the record I'm reading it went up to 62F overnight -- it was 39F at 11PM last night.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:05:06 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #409 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:12 am »
You all have a great day and stay safe and warm.  My time to relax. 

Wolfie

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #410 on: January 06, 2014, 08:04:02 am »
You all have a great day and stay safe and warm.  My time to relax. 

Wolfie

Are you in your new house now?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #411 on: January 06, 2014, 08:10:14 am »
The temperature went from 60 to 20 in the space of 2 hours last night . Its the same front Miss P is getting, winds and all . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #412 on: January 06, 2014, 09:14:33 am »
Rare event. 2 pm Sunny NO rain , London . I would like to read a commentry on the weather by a suitably qualified person/site any suggestions ?
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #413 on: January 06, 2014, 09:24:33 am »
Just got done shoveling from my porch back to my car (it's a semi-circle from the front of my apartment back to the driveway, (probably 50 or 60 feet), very heavy, wet sno.  And my car started, yay!  I cleared over a foot of snow from the vehicle, cleaned up the path I shoveled, and came back inside.  Now this is an example of why I should not be smoking (tired from lifting heavy snow).

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2014, 09:27:40 am »
Just got done shoveling from my porch back to my car (it's a semi-circle from the front of my apartment back to the driveway, (probably 50 or 60 feet), very heavy, wet sno.  And my car started, yay!  I cleared over a foot of snow from the vehicle, cleaned up the path I shoveled, and came back inside.  Now this is an example of why I should not be smoking (tired from lifting heavy snow).

Betty ... You be careful doing all that with you knee pain and all . Just concerned .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2014, 09:30:40 am »
Betty ... You be careful doing all that with you knee pain and all . Just concerned .

Thank you, baby.  Actually I'll only go out a few more times, to restart the auto.  The dangerous thing about outside right now is the frigid temps-I hope everyone has their pets inside, and the shelters have weather amnesty that lasts all day instead of just overnight. 

Now, I'm taking a shower and going back to sleep. 

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/South-Bend-issues-disaster-emergency-through-Jan-7-238799691.html

I live in the South Bend (St Joseph County) area.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:33:43 am by BT65 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:40 am »
Oh Betty, you know those Confederates don't let their pets in the house. They be too mangy.

ps: still only 47F here!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #417 on: January 06, 2014, 10:08:17 am »
Oh Betty, you know those Confederates don't let their pets in the house. They be too mangy.

ps: still only 47F here!

Not true . I read a story last week where a guy in Alabama was arrested for being a pet lover .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #418 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:46 am »
STORE YOUR PETS IN THE CLOUD!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #419 on: January 06, 2014, 10:22:06 am »
It's currently colder in Temple, Texas (18), than it is in central Maine (48).

24 in SA.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:11 am »
Believer it or not the high temperature for the North Pole will be +27F this afternoon.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/North+Pole+AK+USAK0173:1:US

Can that be right?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:48 am »
-4 at 11:41 am.
Wind Speed W 23 G 35 mph
Visibility7.00 mi
Wind Chill-29°F (-34°C)

A little cool

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2014, 11:48:03 am »
Believer it or not the high temperature for the North Pole will be +27F this afternoon.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/North+Pole+AK+USAK0173:1:US

Can that be right?

Because Obama

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/160090.gif
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »
We are having bad weather this weekend because the PA Farm Show started.   ;)

@Betty   Don't you have a snowblower?  My dad does but I don't like it so I shoveled the driveway friday.  Now on monday after 2 days of rain there is hardly any snow left.

Miss P  I am going to get a job at that grocery store.  Thursday I worked my 7 hours and didn't get a break because it was packed with stupid people who had to wait until it started snowing to buy tons of groceries.

I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL SPRING TIME 8)

michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2014, 01:09:29 pm »
It's currently colder in Temple, Texas (18), than it is in central Maine (48).

24 in SA.

avitar

Mr Wump as West Bank insurgent. Gosh he doth get around.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »
We're still holding at 39F! GO EAGLES!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
Its colder than ? You guys fill in the rest .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2014, 03:54:43 pm »
We're still holding at 39F! GO EAGLES!

Miami is at 78 degrees and raining.... ugghhh
GO DOLPHINS oh, nevermind....
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »
@Betty   Don't you have a snowblower?  My dad does but I don't like it so I shoveled the driveway friday.  Now on monday after 2 days of rain there is hardly any snow left.

No Michelle, I shovel by hand, no snow blower.  Was just out again, now my lower legs are all red and burning. I had them covered but it's just so fricking cold.  But, my car starts!! 

Also, my job was shut down today, and will be tomorrow, since the city school system is shut down.  There's a ban on vehicles other than emergency on the roads.  You would think people wouldn't get so worked up over -50F wind chill temps. ::)  And the temps is only supposed to go down.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2014, 04:18:24 pm »

We've dropped 15 degrees since 11:00 AM.  Temp now is 54 degrees. We closed the windows about an hour ago, inside temp is holding at 70 degrees. Heat is not on yet.
Damn, damn this polar vortex, damn I say !   :P

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mitch777

« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:59 pm »
It was 3 F here yesterday morning. 57 F high today. 12 F tonight.

Get me off this roller coaster!!!

I spent 4 hours on the phone today trying to get my new ID# from Anthem so I could pick up my prescriptions. (3 hours 15 minutes on hold) I put the phone on speaker and made a batch of chili. :)

Might need to do it all over again tomorrow (minus the chili) as CVS tried to put the claim through and it didn't work.  ???

Edited to add:

Rain last night and a thunderstorm this morning melted all of our snow. Concerned how my garden will deal with this madness come spring. :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:25:38 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »
http://www.wndu.com/weather

I don't want to read any bitching from anyone who lives with temps above 20F (and no snow)!

Dearest Ray,

Betty is going to form a posse and I will join. ^  :)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:59 pm »
Dearest Ray,

Betty is going to form a posse and I will join. ^  :)

You better not !!  ;D  That's elderly abuse ,.... What are you going to do, throw a snowball at me ? LOL  :)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »
35F outside, 67F inside -- still haven't turned on my heat

Offline mitch777

« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »

You better not !!  ;D  That's elderly abuse ,.... What are you going to do, throw a snowball at me ? LOL  :)

Ray

We got plans. That's all I'm sayin'. You might consider sleeping with one eye open.  ;)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »
-5°F -21°C
Wind SpeedW 21 G 30 mph
Wind Chill-29°F (-34°C)
Last Update on 6 Jan 4:54 pm EST

Offline britchick

« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »
My thoughts are with you all re the weather.Please try go stay safe and warm.

britchickxxxx

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »
We've dropped to 73 degrees - supposed to get down to 48 tonight, should be up to around 56 when I leave for work tomorrow....

No heat on - I have oven going making pork chops so that should keep the apartment warm enough...

Stay warm up North - my little brother drove to work this morning in -9 temp with no heat in his vehicle.... He is braver (or dumber) than me.... ::)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #438 on: January 06, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
Its colder than ? You guys fill in the rest .

... a well diggers ass
...a witches tit
...p*ssy on a ferris wheel (oh wait that's for something else)

and last but not least...It's so cold that the local flasher was caught *describing* himself
to women.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:57:23 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #439 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »
umm APPARENTLY it's not that cold in the NYC Subway

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #440 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:33 pm »
A friend posted this from Bloomington-- Indiana University.  I like the fitness suggestion. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #441 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »
I'm happy to report that our locals all cared for their animals.  I made 2 different walks to verify it.  I found a neighbor's frozen dog during the blizzard of 78.  As a pre-teen, it make a profound on my compassion for animals.  Had I seen any animal trapped by a chain, I'd have released it and given it at least an opportunity.

Even wolfie was cold on his last outing so I realize it must be horribly cold.  I watched survivalist discuss how to survive in these conditions when you're stuck on a mountain.    One actually made sense.  If your hands get stiff and sore from the cold, take off your gloves and slip your hands in your pants.  Our manly areas produces enough heat to defrost and is the perfect perpetual heat producer.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2014, 12:00:04 am »
I'm happy to report that our locals all cared for their animals.  I made 2 different walks to verify it.  I found a neighbor's frozen dog during the blizzard of 78.  As a pre-teen, it make a profound on my compassion for animals.  Had I seen any animal trapped by a chain, I'd have released it and given it at least an opportunity.

Even wolfie was cold on his last outing so I realize it must be horribly cold.  I watched survivalist discuss how to survive in these conditions when you're stuck on a mountain.    One actually made sense.  If your hands get stiff and sore from the cold, take off your gloves and slip your hands in your pants.  Our manly areas produces enough heat to defrost and is the perfect perpetual heat producer.

Our neighbor has a German Shepherd.  They leave the garage open and always a light on, but I doubt any heat.  Even though many breeds are use to being outdoor dogs, I think this is too cold-- even in the garage.  Better than nothing.  I haven't seen him, so I hope they took him inside.  I needed to tell them his collar is too tight.  I know you don't want it really loose, or a dog can hang themselves.  Had a friend whose dog jumped up next to fence and hung itself.  But, this collar is sooo tight.  So, maybe that's my excuse to check on him and see if they brought him in. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #443 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:10 am »
Even cold weather breeds need protected from this cold.  Being in an unheated garage doesn't amount to much.  I've had many people posting horrid pics on FB of frozen animals and I can't view them.  We all know it happens so we mostly need to patrol our own neighborhoods.   I've confronted more than a few people in the summer too.

On a side note, I've truly discovered the real purpose of sweat pants.  I put 2 pair on over my jeans along with 3 sweat shirts and never got cold once.   

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #444 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:22 am »
-9°F -23°C
Humidity64%
Wind Speed W 24 G 31 mph
Wind Chill-36°F (-38°C)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: January 07, 2014, 05:24:07 am »
Even cold weather breeds need protected from this cold.  Being in an unheated garage doesn't amount to much.  I've had many people posting horrid pics on FB of frozen animals and I can't view them.

Yes!^^  Why do people do this?  Just a "make sure animals are taken in," without those horrible pictures would suffice.  I can't look at them either, Greg.

And Ray, just be prepared.  When you least expect it, expect it. :D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2014, 08:22:04 am »
Yes!^^  Why do people do this?  Just a "make sure animals are taken in," without those horrible pictures would suffice.  I can't look at them either, Greg.

And Ray, just be prepared.  When you least expect it, expect it. :D
I can watch when some idiot gets their ass shot on the news but when it comes to the SPCA commercials I have to look away.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:04 am »
Our overnight low was 4°F, or 56 degrees colder than the recording 24 hours previous to that -- the largest 24 hour shift on record. This is also a record low for this date. The wind chill is -21F.

I'm having to run my heat at 73F just to keep it 66F in here.

ps: did you hear about Watertown, NY where a small band of "lake effect" snow is producing a 3 foot snow blizzard on top of these temperatures?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:36:51 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2014, 09:54:04 am »
19 was our low at 7am. DAMN COLD for S. Tejas.

Walmart left their sprinklers on and the water froze all over the access rd, and there are like 5 cars in the ditch because of it. That's the breaking news on "Good Morning San Antonio".

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:57:54 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2014, 09:56:27 am »
Its 9 here .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.