Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: *Might* have missed a dose of Atripla...  (Read 14273 times)

Offline whynot83

*Might* have missed a dose of Atripla...
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:08:42 am »
I've got an alarm that goes off every evening to remind me to take my Atripla.  Tonight, I went ahead and turned it off because I was just about to go take it.  I got distracted for a minute, and now I can't remember whether or not I took it!!   ???

So far, I've had 100% adherence.  I did some math counting back to the night I started taking them.  Based on that count, it seems like I might've taken it and not realized I was doing it.

That aside, which of two possible errors would be better for me:
1.) Taking an additional pill just in case I might have missed one, or
2.) Not taking a pill, thinking I had?

Thanks guys!

Offline whynot83

Re: *Might* have missed a dose of Atripla...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:25 am »
Update:

Well, I called the doc on call who told me to just take another dose, and I read a gajillion posts on here saying definitely do not take a double dose.

I think between the long half-lives and the pill count, I might just call it a night and go to sleep.  (Sorry for waking you up, doc!)

Offline moratorium79

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 04:14:16 am »
I keep having dreams that I have forgotten to take my pill, and I always wake up frantic until I realize that it was only a dream (that doesn't stop me from questioning whether or not I took it before I fell asleep, however, sometimes for hours). 

I guess you should never turn off that alarm again, eh?  Good luck to you.
*these are not times for the weak of heart*

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 05:30:11 am »
I double dosed once, thinking I had forgot, and I had a very good trip, like a light acid trip, really.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 06:24:51 am »
I've had similar experiences a few times.  I think the solution is a pill box.
It's a complex world

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:27 am »
While a pillbox will not help you remember to take a dose -- it will help you know whether or not you did take it.  They are inexpensive -- WalMart and Target have lots of them.

I've always been told that if you "miss" a dose and realize it within 12 hrs, go ahead and take it -- that's not really doubling up.  If it is less than 12 hrs to your next dose, just wait.  The wonderful think with Atripla is that it is a very "forgiving" set of drugs.  Meaning missing a single dose is not really a big deal -- but get a pillbox and don't shut your alarm until you take your pill in the future

Mike

Offline whynot83

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:41 am »
Yeah, definitely getting a 7-day pillbox this morning.

And this morning, I felt like I woke up too easily, had no ridiculous dreams, and was much more clear-headed than normal.  ... Probably missed the dose.  Ultimate decision: take an atripla this morning (give it my best at work), and take another one as late as possible tonight to get back on schedule.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 02:26:15 pm »
I have a pill box and have to say it has helped me out so much.  I was going through those- did I take it did I not alot.  Pillboxes are helpful but just make sure you keep up on filling it.  One day I filled it but forgot if I ran out before or after I took that days meds. LOL.  Always leave a day or two in there when you fill it! :o
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline riverlassie

• Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 11:41:58 am »
When I brush my teeth at night I take my pill then . I use to have to take sooo many at different times it was driving me crazy , even with a pill box. Now its just one a day  along with my calcium  and vitamin and I'm good to go . If I do somehow miss one I don't worry about it. I just tell myself not to do that again.  I may somehow miss one in 6 months . And my t-cells are at the highest that they have ever been a whopping 750 WHOOOHOOO . And have been undetectable for so many years I can't remember . I just do what I have to do and leave the rest up to God.   
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.