Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 378
Total: 378

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV+ and As Sexy As I Want to Be  (Read 12312 times)

Offline buginme2

HIV+ and As Sexy As I Want to Be
« on: September 07, 2013, 01:11:28 am »
This is from Tyler Curry who I am now a fan.  Reading this blog post of his I thought of myself several times, and I can imagine some of you may as well.  Considering Tyler is HIV positive if he ever reads this, thanks.

Oh ps. Kudos to The Huffington Post for posting this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tyler-curry/hiv-positive-and-as-sexy-as-i-want-to-be_b_3874453.html
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: HIV+ and As Sexy As I Want to Be
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:30:02 am »
Good article. I like his attitude.

Offline karry

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 07:01:00 am »
I will print this article and keep. Its worth reading when you get the HIV blues. Thanks for sharing.
K
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline JungleJungle

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:15:16 am »
Nice point of view :)
You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin',
I'm gonna send you back to schoolin',
Way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you my love.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 10:31:03 am »
After viewing the pic for quite a while, I finally read the blog.  :)  What a positive prospective.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline EUINAU

• New to This
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:33:33 pm »
I am not out to people at work and no one besides my partner knows of my hiv status and I do not necessarily feel I can reveal either at this point of time.
However I must say I am in good place since being diagnosed and the article is well written. It does not apply only to how you look at yourself being HIV+, it applies to your life period. Life is short, live your life and love yourself and stay away from people with negative attitude and most importantly negative self :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »
Im a little uncomfortable with a man who looks like he does telling me I can be as sexy as I want to be ... just kidding sort of .... on the sunnier side of bitter LOL
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »
Im a little uncomfortable with a man who looks like he does telling me I can be as sexy as I want to be ... just kidding sort of .... on the sunnier side of bitter LOL

Lol.  He's already good looking and looks like some airbrushing has been done on top of that.  He has so much hair, that I doubt you could see any scalp.  Why use the sexy aspect, unless specifically targeting those who feel ugly and disgusting now.  Why not say be the best you?  Guess not as many would read that article. 

Seriously, good article and a great, positive attitude.  I do think this will help some newly diagnosed to see it isn't all doom and gloom.  Ok, the one issue I have-- I know it is good to reinforce what a positive outlook can do for you, both mentally and physically.  But, it did kinda remind me of some Facebook posts, where people will say you are TOTALLY in control of your own happiness and what you do with your life, and you have no one to blame but yourself. 

I always think they aren't taking into account people with chronic depression.  I get even for people with depression, it can be helpful to have that reinforcement to try to be as positive as you can be.  But, if you have clinical depression with a chemical imbalance, then it is not as simple as thinking positively.  It can help, for sure.  I just worry someone with chronic, major depression would become even more depressed, wondering why they can't see things better, get out socially, and have an awesome life. 

I'm Debby Downer, I know.  I think his message is great.  I just wish people would mention it isn't as easy, for those with chronic depression.  His message is mainly for folks without a history of mental illness, who have had a temporary setback from a shocking event.  Folks who don't have a chemical imbalance. 

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »
"Is it even possible to glamorize such an abysmal disease?"

Yes, with the proper accessories all things are possible.
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »
Lol.  He's already good looking and looks like some airbrushing has been done on top of that.  He has so much hair, that I doubt you could see any scalp.  Why use the sexy aspect, unless specifically targeting those who feel ugly and disgusting now.  Why not say be the best you?  Guess not as many would read that article. 

Seriously, good article and a great, positive attitude.  I do think this will help some newly diagnosed to see it isn't all doom and gloom.  Ok, the one issue I have-- I know it is good to reinforce what a positive outlook can do for you, both mentally and physically.  But, it did kinda remind me of some Facebook posts, where people will say you are TOTALLY in control of your own happiness and what you do with your life, and you have no one to blame but yourself. 

I always think they aren't taking into account people with chronic depression.  I get even for people with depression, it can be helpful to have that reinforcement to try to be as positive as you can be.  But, if you have clinical depression with a chemical imbalance, then it is not as simple as thinking positively.  It can help, for sure.  I just worry someone with chronic, major depression would become even more depressed, wondering why they can't see things better, get out socially, and have an awesome life. 

I'm Debby Downer, I know.  I think his message is great.  I just wish people would mention it isn't as easy, for those with chronic depression.  His message is mainly for folks without a history of mental illness, who have had a temporary setback from a shocking event.  Folks who don't have a chemical imbalance.

Hey Ted,

I can't agree with you on the chronic depression aspect, because not all of us are untreated and that's what you seem to be suggesting.  I also tire of this idea that just because we have a mental illness, that we are somehow weaker or more prone to trauma, because the world is not all rainbows and puppies.

The goal of Tyler's message is it's his message to convey and he does that in an extremely positive fashion.  The fact that it does not come with footnotes, does not diminish the effectiveness of the message, nor is his message automatically discarded by someone, simply because they suffer from mental illness.

Joe

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 11:53:17 pm »
Hey Ted,

I can't agree with you on the chronic depression aspect, because not all of us are untreated and that's what you seem to be suggesting.  I also tire of this idea that just because we have a mental illness, that we are somehow weaker or more prone to trauma, because the world is not all rainbows and puppies.

The goal of Tyler's message is it's his message to convey and he does that in an extremely positive fashion.  The fact that it does not come with footnotes, does not diminish the effectiveness of the message, nor is his message automatically discarded by someone, simply because they suffer from mental illness.

Joe

Preach on, Joe. And thanks for writing this. I tried to reply about eight times, but my responses were just too damned snippy and mean. It's been that sort of week.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 12:17:47 am »
Preach on, Joe. And thanks for writing this. I tried to reply about eight times, but my responses were just too damned snippy and mean. It's been that sort of week.

Why would you be snippy and mean over what I said?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 01:18:32 pm »
Why would you be snippy and mean over what I said?

Hey Ted,

I responded because your post was extremely condescending in so many ways.  You made comments as if you are "the" spokesperson for the chronically depressed and even stated why Tyler's message was all but impossible to comprehend for those with depression.  To put it simply, you made blanket statements that I find to be extremely frustrating.

I have always suffered from mental illness and I don't need anyone to protect me from anything.  It is not my responsibility to tell others how to live their life and I resent it greatly, when others try to do the same thing.  You have no idea what others experience in regards to mental illness and for you to suggest otherwise, in my opinion, is disrespectful to everyone who suffers with mental illness.

It's one thing to comment on how you perceive Tyler's message personally, but you cannot extrapolate your feelings to include others.  I remain baffled on why you feel the need to somehow denigrate Tyler's message, simply because it presents a formidable challenge to you personally.

Joe

Offline buginme2

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »
I've been thinking about this article for awhile now.  Firstly, the title is stupid. 

Secondly, I think I took away something much more abstract from it than some others.  Tyler speaks of taking away the power of HIV limiting oneself and moving forward. 

I got to thinking then, is participating in therapy, and online help (such as the forums) and reading up on HIV preventing you/me from moving on?  I mean, to take away completely the power HIV has then you wouldn't need to read the forums anymore or read up on HiV or go to therapy about it.  If your involved in HIV activities then HIV still has some control over your life.  Just something rattling around since I read this.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 09:50:37 pm »
I got to thinking then, is participating in therapy, and online help (such as the forums) and reading up on HIV preventing you/me from moving on?  I mean, to take away completely the power HIV has then you wouldn't need to read the forums anymore or read up on HiV or go to therapy about it.  If your involved in HIV activities then HIV still has some control over your life.  Just something rattling around since I read this.

I too have reflected on why I still participate in POZ forums, which I still think of as AIDSmeds. These forums are honestly the only thing that brings HIV off the back burner of my brain. There are other people here better qualified to address HIV issues, so I don't feel I contribute much in that regard. The honest answer is I enjoy reading about how you guys are doing and thinking about HIV doesn't bother me, so why not.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:19 am »
Hey Ted,

I responded because your post was extremely condescending in so many ways.  You made comments as if you are "the" spokesperson for the chronically depressed and even stated why Tyler's message was all but impossible to comprehend for those with depression.  To put it simply, you made blanket statements that I find to be extremely frustrating.

I have always suffered from mental illness and I don't need anyone to protect me from anything.  It is not my responsibility to tell others how to live their life and I resent it greatly, when others try to do the same thing.  You have no idea what others experience in regards to mental illness and for you to suggest otherwise, in my opinion, is disrespectful to everyone who suffers with mental illness.

It's one thing to comment on how you perceive Tyler's message personally, but you cannot extrapolate your feelings to include others.  I remain baffled on why you feel the need to somehow denigrate Tyler's message, simply because it presents a formidable challenge to you personally.

Joe

I got that you, for whatever reason, took issue with what I said.  I was asking why JK would feel the need to be snippy or mean over what I said.  Nothing I said would call for being snippy or mean. 

I'm sorry, but I just do not get what you took issue with.  I was complimentary about what he wrote.  I said his message was good for those with chronic depression, because it is always good to think positively and keep negative thought patterns in check.  I just took a small issue with it.  I do not understand how that turns into denigrating people with depression.  I don't see where I attempted to be THE spokesperson.  And, I don't see where I was telling people how to live their lives. 

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 12:57:35 am »
I got that you, for whatever reason, took issue with what I said.  I was asking why JK would feel the need to be snippy or mean over what I said.  Nothing I said would call for being snippy or mean. 

I'm sorry, but I just do not get what you took issue with.  I was complimentary about what he wrote.  I said his message was good for those with chronic depression, because it is always good to think positively and keep negative thought patterns in check.  I just took a small issue with it.  I do not understand how that turns into denigrating people with depression.  I don't see where I attempted to be THE spokesperson.  And, I don't see where I was telling people how to live their lives. 

No Ted, that is not what you said, and that is not why Joe and I took umbrage.

Joe and I were on the same page regarding your comments. And it is disingenuous of your to pretend that both of us were misinterpreting them.

Might be better for you to drop it, if you can't understand Joe's well articulated commentary. I certainly could not do better.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:00 am »
No Ted, that is not what you said, and that is not why Joe and I took umbrage.

Joe and I were on the same page regarding your comments. And it is disingenuous of your to pretend that both of us were misinterpreting them.

Might be better for you to drop it, if you can't understand Joe's well articulated commentary. I certainly could not do better.

What did I say that was so awful?  You are saying what I wrote in the post before this was not in my initial post?  You two were the ones who started it.  You did it in a passive aggressive way.  So, don't start something and then tell that person to drop it.  I will not let either of you insinuate I made denigrating remarks about people living with depression.  Ah, hello, I live with depression.  I think it is interesting whenever I have issues at this site, both of you are usually involved.  As much positive things you both add here, I think there is a desire for conflict, shaking your fingers at people.  You admitted that you had to censor yourself from being mean and snippy, which is something you were recently warned for doing.  I am beginning to think you enjoy it.  I wonder if we look back at both your posting histories, how much is positive and how much is conflict? 

You can read whatever you want into what I said, but how dare both of you put words or thoughts in my mouth and brain.  I repeatedly said it was a good article and good perspective.  I said it was good for people with depression to hear.  I simply had issue with how many living with depression, including myself, may see this advice-- that you are completely and totally in control of how your life turns out. 

I simply took issue with these statements, "Either life happens to you, or you happen to your life."  And this, "Unless you are dead, life can only get better... if you want it to."  And this, "...but how it changes it is solely up to you."  I've said over and over these are good pieces of advice.  I said it was good for those of us with depression to try and be as positive as we can possibly be, and keep negative thoughts in check.  I just felt it may say to many living with mental health issues and with chemical imbalances, that all they need to do is think positively and it will happen.  It is totally something we can choose.  I was and am worried some may read that, and wonder why they just can't be as happy as he.  After all, he says it is completely in my hands and my choice.  Well, it is often not a choice for many.  As much as you try to think positively, seek treatment or whatever, a chemical imbalance is either helped by meds, helped a little, or not at all.  it isn't always "up to you."  It reminds me of the book, "The Secret."

So, I applauded his article, while giving one thing I took some issue with.  And, you two have to blow that up into me making denigrating remarks about people living with mental health issues, how I think I speak for everyone, and how I am THE spokesperson, and that I'm trying to tell people how to live their lives.  WTF?  And, Joe made sure to post it twice, for good measure.  I shared a view, on a site where we share views.  Some agree and some disagree.  But, I said nothing that would warrant this kind of attack on my character.  Whatever the issue you both have with me, please figure it out.  Better yet, just ignore what I post.  Is the ignore button back? 

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 11:05:25 am »
What did I say that was so awful?  You are saying what I wrote in the post before this was not in my initial post? You two were the ones who started it.  You did it in a passive aggressive way.  So, don't start something and then tell that person to drop it.  I will not let either of you insinuate I made denigrating remarks about people living with depression.  Ah, hello, I live with depression.  I think it is interesting whenever I have issues at this site, both of you are usually involved.  As much positive things you both add here, I think there is a desire for conflict, shaking your fingers at people. You admitted that you had to censor yourself from being mean and snippy, which is something you were recently warned for doing.  I am beginning to think you enjoy it.  I wonder if we look back at both your posting histories, how much is positive and how much is conflict?

You can read whatever you want into what I said, but how dare both of you put words or thoughts in my mouth and brain.  I repeatedly said it was a good article and good perspective.  I said it was good for people with depression to hear.  I simply had issue with how many living with depression, including myself, may see this advice-- that you are completely and totally in control of how your life turns out. 

I simply took issue with these statements, "Either life happens to you, or you happen to your life."  And this, "Unless you are dead, life can only get better... if you want it to."  And this, "...but how it changes it is solely up to you."  I've said over and over these are good pieces of advice.  I said it was good for those of us with depression to try and be as positive as we can possibly be, and keep negative thoughts in check.  I just felt it may say to many living with mental health issues and with chemical imbalances, that all they need to do is think positively and it will happen.  It is totally something we can choose.  I was and am worried some may read that, and wonder why they just can't be as happy as he.  After all, he says it is completely in my hands and my choice.  Well, it is often not a choice for many.  As much as you try to think positively, seek treatment or whatever, a chemical imbalance is either helped by meds, helped a little, or not at all.  it isn't always "up to you."  It reminds me of the book, "The Secret."

So, I applauded his article, while giving one thing I took some issue with.  And, you two have to blow that up into me making denigrating remarks about people living with mental health issues, how I think I speak for everyone, and how I am THE spokesperson, and that I'm trying to tell people how to live their lives.  WTF?  And, Joe made sure to post it twice, for good measure.  I shared a view, on a site where we share views.  Some agree and some disagree.  But, I said nothing that would warrant this kind of attack on my character.  Whatever the issue you both have with me, please figure it out.  Better yet, just ignore what I post.  Is the ignore button back?

Ted,

In the future, if you have something to say to me, please tell me directly.  I had to read your post multiple times, to separate your comments to JK, from those directed at me.  Talk about passive-aggressive!  Just to be clear, I never attempted to put words in your mouth, nor did I attack your character, as you have done to me, in your last post.  Instead, I shared my opinions on why your comments could be misconstrued by those with mental illness.  I know you also suffer from mental illness and that is why I found some of your comments to be insensitive.

Maybe, if your first post had included the additional information you shared in the post above, none of this would have happened.  But you didn't and so we had a disagreement.  Yes Ted, that is all it is, a simple disagreement between two members.  Sadly the difference is, I am capable of expressing disagreement with someone, without attacking their character, however you are not, as witnessed by your comments regarding my so called "motives" and my posting history.

Passive-aggressive indeed.

Joe

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »
Ted, please don't be afraid to post what you feel here. Even when I don't respond or agree, I appreciate reading your posts, and I'm sure many others do too. For what it's worth, I don't understand what you're being accused of or why, so I think there was just some massive communication breakdown somewhere that spiralled out of control.

Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 06:47:43 pm »

Good article, thanks for posting.  I especially liked this part:

The worst part of HIV stigma is that it always starts from within. No matter what your background or level of HIV education may be, a positive diagnosis can send even the most self-assured into a tailspin of self-doubt. After I learned I was HIV-positive, I immediately began to see my reflection differently. My interaction with friends and strangers alike had a new reticence. I obsessed over the opinions of people who weren't even real, yet they seeped into every pore. I assumed that everyone would see me differently, because that was how I viewed myself.

It took me a few years to realize it, but I find the above so true.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Robert

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 06:56:42 pm »
ted. I too enjoy your posts. They're always informative, intelligent, opinionated and straight forward. I might not always agree either but I certainly never find you preaching, condescending, dismissive or derisive.

robert

Offline drewm

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »
I sometimes want to slap the depression out of the chronically depressed because I simply cannot relate. Ted, I don't always agree with what you say (or anyone for that matter) but I try my best to learn something from it. We all see life through the prism of our own experiences and I try to keep that first and foremost in my mind when I read these posts.
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline ds4146

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »
Ted, the thing that I love about your postings are that they always seem sincere and from the heart. Your questions and thoughts are never mean spirited and seem so genuine. You are actually one of the reasons I still keep coming back to the forums. Just remember everyone has an opinion and you can not please everyone. I don't believe you said anything out of place and I would just add please don't go into hiding like Matty, I would hate to have to conjure you up in the shower :P

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 12:53:36 am »

Good article, thanks for posting.  I especially liked this part:

The worst part of HIV stigma is that it always starts from within. No matter what your background or level of HIV education may be, a positive diagnosis can send even the most self-assured into a tailspin of self-doubt. After I learned I was HIV-positive, I immediately began to see my reflection differently. My interaction with friends and strangers alike had a new reticence. I obsessed over the opinions of people who weren't even real, yet they seeped into every pore. I assumed that everyone would see me differently, because that was how I viewed myself.

It took me a few years to realize it, but I find the above so true.

Thank you, Skeebo, for bringing the thread back on topic. I enjoyed that paragraph the most as well. Stigma really does eat at us from within. I sometimes think the ability for external stigma to wound us relies in part on how much a part of us agrees with the judgment.

Welcome Thread

Offline Valmont

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2013, 12:32:47 am »
I completelly agree this quote too...  I realice I got isolated by myself in few months without any reason...  It is about how you react with these news...
Apr 2011: Diagnotized
Jun 2011: CD4: 504  VL: 176.000
Dic 2011: CD4: 714  VL: 95.000
May 2012: CD4: 395 VL: 67.000
Jun 2012: CD4: 367
Agu 2012: Starting Emtricitabine 200 mg / Tenofovir 300 mg and Efavirenz 600 mg (2 pills) different brands or VIRADAY/ATRIPLA/Mylan....
Sep 2012: VL: 138
Dic 2012: CD4: 708 VL: <34  %CD4: 32%
Jan 2013: CD4: 707 VL: <20
May 2013: CD4: 945 VL: <34 %CD4: 33%
Agu 2013: CD4: 636 VL: <34 %CD4: 50%
Dic 2013: Latent TB, started Isoniazid

Offline Since2005

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »
This Thread is funny in lot of ways...(again. not making fun of anyone.... OMG).

Can anyone take a break not thinking this is not about attacking anyone, this is about voicing one's opinions. I, particularly (voicing my opinion) found nothing wrong with Ted's comments. He has voiced his opinion stating the fact that (what I understood) it is hard to be sexy/ feel sexy when especially HIV comes with other issues (depression, not able to work etc…etc.). I don't agree with his opinion about this article but I don't find a bit of offense in his comments.

This article is very good. Actually, made me feel good. Still, now a days a lot of people see HIV/AIDS as someone dying in bed / or very sick. His pictures represent the new era of HIV+ people who are very healthy. I like the attitude of his – its how we feel inside. Very true. HIV+ people can be very sexy- as sexy like him. The more picture of these sort comes out the better it helps the stigma that goes around about HIV. This article was a good read – Thanks for sharing.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 06:46:53 pm »
And a new finger snap!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tyler-curry/the-strength-in-being-a-feminine-gay-man_b_3896302.html

somewhere between an article and a tweet......
Because I Can

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 07:53:05 pm »
Going by that article she never was allowed to wear flower-embroidered lederhosen outfit at the age of five like I was.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.