Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:00:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 283
Total: 283

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Positive with No Real Explanation: only oral or acupuncture  (Read 15767 times)

Offline Machopeful

• Standard
Re: Positive with No Real Explanation: only oral or acupuncture
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 06:34:30 am »
The facts are there is a very small number (2) of sexual partners in the past 5 years, and those have been ruled out as a vector. This leaves acupuncture or my colonoscopy in late May.  I know the science and based on this and your insistence it is “impossible” for me to be positive. I wish the facts were that this is impossible, as I would not have contracted the virus. An investigation is underway.
I’m on treatment and this has not slowed or stopped my life in any way. I’m connected with the best doctors. I have very good guidance and support from friends, family, and health care experts. Because of this, I am tied into organizations funding and conducting research towards a cure.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 07:30:12 am »
Hiya

I'm not going to repeat myself. You are HIV positive just not thought the vector claimed & I personally don't care if you want to entertain fantasy just not here.

Consider the topic closed, if I have to revisit this thread or the topic or warn again as mod it will be locked and TO's issued

Jim

Hiya,

Yeah, guided by a hollow tube would not change this.

Look I've met health officials etc that will not even rule out shaking hands or sharing toilet seats. Thankfully, this does not make it factual or even remotely possible and plenty do know better.

Anyhow, To be blunt personlly I don't care how anyone became poz neither do I plan to debate this. There is a level BS about immaculate conception we tolerate from newbies on these topics for good reason however you have now reached it.

Let me be clear the only choice (opportunity) being presented to you here at this stage is to simply drop the topic so you can continue as a member to gain support from the others when it comes to living with HIV & Treatment etc, as said it's not always an easy path and the people here are very supportive.

Jim

Machopeful:  I, too, wish you well and am very sorry that the transmission route of your infection is of deep concern to you.

However, I don't know how fruitful it is for you to continue this quest for long, short of some clear unusual transmission route coming to light, one that would withstand scientific scrutiny, etc.  Otherwise, you may endlessly be on a quest to prove a negative.

There is no such thing as "safe sex," only safer sex.  Though you write that you have always practiced safer sex, is it not a possibility that, remote as it may seem, a condom failed, or that, despite your safer sex practice, that you became infected through a sexual route (perhaps during your threesome in January 2019, if I understand your first posting)?

I don't know, of course, but it seems, as a matter of chance, that a sexual route (despite safer sex practice), is more likely than some of the other scenarios you envision, especially these days.

My point is, perhaps it is better for you to concentrate on the present and future:  adhering to your regimen and staying healthy.

Best wishes to you and your partner.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Machopeful

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2019, 08:08:09 am »
No fantasy, simply facts here. The facts are that all sexual partners have been ruled out as a source of transmission and confirmed by the health department. There is no drug use, tattoos, or piercings, which eliminates needles. I have not had any surgeries or blood transfusions.  This Leaves ONLY: potential repeated false negative of someone who is positive, acupuncture, or the colonoscopy. None of these are common, but based on the data and timeline, acupuncture is the least unlikely. These are simply the facts; no judgement, emotion, or opinion.

The whole point of posting here was that my case IS not supposed to be possible. When the investigation concludes, I will gladly share all of the details and reports.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:39:16 am by Machopeful »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2019, 09:11:04 am »
Hiya,

Okay I'm calling this one it's simply bullshit and I've been giving this more attention & room than it deserves. It belongs to the nose picking claims and tolilet seat stories that still are sadly used.

I have warned, the thread will now be locked and I'm giving you a final warning so you can have the opportunity to continue to be a member here and gain support.

Let me be clear though any further BS about immaculate conception including Heath department CYA statements will lead to a ban from the forum.

P.s :
Just for future reference ignoring mod notes and trying to debate joint forum moderators decisions is a sure path to a time out or full out ban

Jim
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:42:22 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.