Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 462
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen; you know him, you love him....  (Read 4733 times)

Offline zach

Ladies and Gentlemen; you know him, you love him....
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:30:06 pm »
He gave us the biggest outbreak of HIV in decades, fought the good fight resisting clean needle exchange for as long he could, he took federal money to expand medicaid but still makes the poorest residents pay for coverage....

The people loved him so much as a congressman, they elected him Governor, and with a whopping 40% approval rating

I present to you.... Republican candidate for Vice President of these United States

Michael Richard Pence!!!!!!!

Remember, they're making America great again!!

Trump/Pence 2016.... why the hell not?

Offline Jody

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen; you know him, you love him....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:16:43 pm »
Another POS, Trump is a dirt bag clown.  I don't know how or why they have such popularity but with voter fraud and Koch monies, it becomes clearer.

Jody :( 
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:26:55 pm »
I should read and study more but l think Trump says the US military should leave Japan or we Japanese should defend ourselves or pay all the money for the bases here?
Anyway, North Korea is just in the short distance.   I am worried.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:29:00 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
And l wonder who is/was the 20th century US president whom the US citizens highly evaluate in general?  I know that is not an easy question to answer but living on the other side of the world, l am interested.   FDR for the NEW DEAL? Reagan for putting the end to the Cold War or JFK for his young energy?   
Japanese National.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:54:26 pm »
I'm lucky that I have several, older, realists.  I'm hearing the same thing constantly.   You can't love Hillary while indebted (indoctroinated)  into the the wrong ideoogy.  Those of thinking mentality are at a loss. ???
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 06:17:16 am »
Pence is also terrible anti-GLBT and only pulled out of signing more discriminatory legislation into law when a load of big money makers threatened to pull out of Indiana had the laws passed. Living in Indiana the past 11 years, I've seen two huge gubernatorial disappointments in Pence and (before him) Mitch the bitch Daniels.  So, if he gets that leverage I am terribly worried about him pulling all the stops out when it comes to that subject, plus any other legislation that helps disadvantaged people.  And think of the opening on the Supreme Court.  It's all very scary shit.

The thing about Hillary is this...agree or not, if people don't vote because they are not satisfied with her or her ideals, then that really is casting a vote for Trump.  And while I was an avid Bernie supporter, I cringe to think of what would happen should that man actually get the presidency.  I will be voting for Hillary.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »
Pence is also terrible anti-GLBT and only pulled out of signing more discriminatory legislation into law when a load of big money makers threatened to pull out of Indiana had the laws passed. Living in Indiana the past 11 years, I've seen two huge gubernatorial disappointments in Pence and (before him) Mitch the bitch Daniels.  So, if he gets that leverage I am terribly worried about him pulling all the stops out when it comes to that subject, plus any other legislation that helps disadvantaged people.  And think of the opening on the Supreme Court.  It's all very scary shit.

The thing about Hillary is this...agree or not, if people don't vote because they are not satisfied with her or her ideals, then that really is casting a vote for Trump.  And while I was an avid Bernie supporter, I cringe to think of what would happen should that man actually get the presidency.  I will be voting for Hillary.

Betty
I'vespent countless hours responding to Bernie's not getting the nomination.  I'm astonished with it all.  Simply not voting is a counter Interest vote. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 06:37:22 am »
I'vespent countless hours responding to Bernie's not getting the nomination.  I'm astonished with it all.  Simply not voting is a counter Interest vote. 

Agreed, 100%.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 06:51:33 am »

have had to do the same with my son, he's a berner, feels totally betrayed now... wants to take his vote and go home

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 08:14:17 am »
I've heard from quite a few people who don't want to vote now since Bernie got out.  All I can say is, if these people do not vote and Trump gets in, they get exactly what they deserve.  Not what we deserve of course, but all those people threatening to not vote.

Betty

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 08:25:21 am »
Betty,

Having read your comment,  l am being worried.
We Japanese need the US military's presence in our country and we cannot afford to pay all the fees ourselves.
Japanese National.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 08:32:26 am »
Daniel, I wouldn't be worried as of yet.  Whatever Trump wants to push through he has to get through congress.  And from what they've shown us, they basically have done not much of anything other than investigate Hillary.  So I wouldn't worry right now.

Betty

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 08:34:24 am »
Betty.

Thanks.

I am thankful to the US forces for being in my country-Okinawa, Sasebo, Iwakuni, Yokota, Yokosuka, Atsugi, Zama, Misawa, and the other camps.  I am against this country's minority party that says we don't need the US forces here.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:47:09 am by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 02:42:42 pm »
Trump is a complete tool, but I hate Hillary too. I passed out flyers and worked hard for Bernie, and I feel completely lost and unmotivated and just could care less for either remaining candidate. We either get a buffoon or a corrupt liar. Double Meh.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 09:59:23 am »
We either get a buffoon or a corrupt liar.
I'm not even certain if you're talking about the two actual candidates or not, since you seem to have some wrong or incomplete information about the candidates.

HRC is not a corrupt liar. She's actually been quite truthful... for a politician
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

while Trump is certainly the corrupt liar, and somewhat of a buffoon
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

I do hope you do your civic duty on 11/8 and vote. Of course, I should point out, as I do frequently on Facebook, anyone who is gay, female, black, trans, hispanic, disabled, or who earns <$500K and votes Republican is voting against their own self interests and will suffer negative consequences.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 10:16:57 am »
I am not a US citizen and have no right to say much about the US presidential election  but hope that everyone will do the balloting to decide the course the country will take for the next four years.

I like the United States and its people.
I always hope that the country will remain the land of the free and the home of the brave.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:24:08 am by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 10:19:23 am »
Agreed ...anyone who does not vote has no right to complain about the outcome .
There is more at stake in this election than any other in my life time.
Believe me nobody wants to go backwards 20-30 years , and I'm not just taking AIDS I'm talking living as a LGBT or any other minority. I did and it was always a constant struggle or fight for basic rights. 

We have come too far to let any Republican back in the White House and have any control over the Supreme Court. Remember if you stay home and don't vote for Hillary you are casting a vote for Trump.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »
I'm British, but Trump as President scares me...

And from here it seems such a no-brainer for people not to vote him in, but the real danger is a malaise in voters for Hilary from people who were either big Bernie supporters or who assume that she will win anyway, whereas Trump voters will be motivated.

I have seen here in the UK recently a situation where essentially the turkeys are voting for christmas, inexplicably a result no one expected happening so I can see the same happening here. Like I said, it scares me
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »
Of course, I should point out, as I do frequently on Facebook, anyone who is gay, female, black, trans, hispanic, disabled, or who earns <$500K and votes Republican is voting against their own self interests and will suffer negative consequences.

I agree, as much as I dislike Hillary, this fact still remains.. But I wouldn't count out Bernie just yet even though he has endorsed Hillary he's still a viable candidate and has not conceded..

The latest polls put Trump ahead after Bernie's endorsement of Hillary.. If the democrats want to win, the Superdelegates could and should switch to Sanders bc Hillary will lose to Trump especially in the South and swing states.. Hillary is toxic with real progressives and especially the young voters..

Trump's pick of Pence for VP is almost like he wants to lose which doesn't surprise me cause I think he's a plant anyways but some people love that sort of guy..

Like I said though if shes the nominee I'll swallow my pride and vote for the corporate shill but I don't expect her to win and we've got the DNC and MSM to blame, not the Berners...

https://youtu.be/P8Bx6aRwy28

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 03:23:38 pm »
My take as an American citizen is that given that our political system has evidently become so rotten and lousy that the only two candidates we have running for president are equally repulsive and fake, then the whole system is completely broken. People gotta do what they gotta do, but for me, maybe it's because I think for myself and don't have a herd mentality, I don't view voting for the "lesser of two evils" as a viable way to change the system for the better. In fact, I view that as a form of just giving up. To effect real change, people have to take a stand and follow their conscience. Do I want to see Trump as president? Hell no? Hillary? Hell no. I have my reasons for both. My conscience will simply not allow me to cast a vote for either of these people and believe me I have thought long and hard about it. The way I see it with either one we're screwed so at least I can live with myself for doing what my gut tells me is right.

Lastly, people always lament the fact that our system is corrupt and broken, and that people feel they have no representation in government. Well, to ever effect real change requires courage of conviction, not simply muddling in and pushing a button for someone you hate less than the other person. If we have come to that, then we are no better than authoritarian countries where voting becomes a ritual instead of a gift. Just my take ya'll. Do what you want. I know I will.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 04:24:17 am »
As we can see, voting is still a very touchy issue for people.  But I still say it...not voting is a vote for Trump.  Leather is correct in that Hillary has not been found guilty of wrong doing.  Trump has had numerous lawsuits against him and things such as his fake university.  So, regardless of whether or not you think Trump=Hillary, if he does win, I believe we will find out how much worse we will have it with him.  Scary times.

Betty

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.