Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 347
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who is the Husband?  (Read 6971 times)

Offline meenu

Who is the Husband?
« on: June 10, 2008, 05:47:39 pm »
I must admit that I am naive about gays and lesbians as I have never come across one in person in my lifetime. So, please don't take any offense at my question that follows:

In a gay relationship, is the "husband" constantly one person or is the "top" in an anal sex act between a gay couple referred to as a "husband"?

I see that an overwhelming majority of members in this website are gays, so I felt this to be an appropriate question to be asked here. Once again, please don't take any offense. I apologize in advance if I have unintentionally offended anyone by asking this.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Who is the Husband?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:06 pm »
I must admit that I am naive about gays and lesbians as I have never come across one in person in my lifetime. So, please don't take any offense at my question that follows:

In a gay relationship, is the "husband" constantly one person or is the "top" in an anal sex act between a gay couple referred to as a "husband"?

I see that an overwhelming majority of members in this website are gays, so I felt this to be an appropriate question to be asked here. Once again, please don't take any offense. I apologize in advance if I have unintentionally offended anyone by asking this.

Why do you wanna know? Thinking of joining us on Teh Dark SideTM?

MtD
(Who knows that the Gays, like the Mormons, do recruit)

/edited for a typo/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:22:35 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:32:32 pm »
I must admit that I am naive about gays and lesbians

me too; one of 'em gave me AIDS one time....

Sorry meenu, don't mean to poke fun.   I can't speak for lesbian couples, but I think for most gay male couples, both are referred to as "husbands" or "partners" or "lovers" or "mates".   Neither is the 'wife' (of course one usually is nellier!)  lol
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:33:23 pm »
First of all, I  can assure you that you've come across gay people in your lifetime -- you just probably didn't realize it.

If a gay couple choses to employ the term "husband" (not all do so -- I always say "partner") then both men are husbands.  Why would they call one a wife -- that's a female term.  Same thing goes for lesbians but in reverse.

Seriously, this is not complicated.

As far as the "top" issue, that is a separate issue.  Some partners prefer particular sex acts (i.e. being the penetrator or the penetrated, though more generally partners are versatile but the degree may not always be 50/50
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:39:40 pm »
Philly, I'll bet you never thought you'd be tapped to pinch hit as the teacher in Gay Sex 101 today.....

;D
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline meenu

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:40:33 pm »
Thanks for the responses. Its all clear to me now.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:42:34 pm »
Don't listen to Alan and Philly they're giving you the Official Line. Matty the Damned will reveal the Dark Secrets of the Homosexual Conspiracy.

When apply to become a Homosexual, your paperwork is forwarded to the Partnership Committee of the Council for the Perversion of the Institution of Marriage (Ellen Degeneres is the chair) and they allocate you the role of Top or Bottom. For Lesbians, the terms are Butch and Femme. They use secret criteria to determine how an individual is classified and I can't share those with you.

Unless you choose to join, of course. :)

If you've been in good standing (eg always pay your fees, no major fashion blunders etc) for 5 years or more you can apply to be reassigned as "Versatile" which means you can choose your role in your next relationship, and/or participate in group sex.

On a slightly unrelated note, toaster ovens are not awarded for successful recruitment. You get a silver chafing dish.

MtD

Offline meenu

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:50:11 pm »
I must admit that I did not understand fully the post by Matty (I like his posts anyways) but i have the feeling its a joke.  :)

I need to grow up and FAST.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:51:24 pm »

I'll forward you an application form.

MtD

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:52:25 pm »
Philly and I will fight over which one gets the chafing dish...... :D

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 06:53:51 pm »
Philly's already got three. Rosie O'Donnell tells me he was the one who converted Larry Craig. ;)

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »
Oh dear no -- chafing dishes are SO grandmotherly!  I never do "family style" service for a dinner party.  Everything is plated and sent out from the kitchen properly course by course.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:19 pm »
How's that new Indonesian house boy working out for you?

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 07:09:59 pm »
Oh dear no -- chafing dishes are SO grandmotherly! 

Well that explains why I have two in my cupboard..both gifts... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:08 pm »
How's that new Indonesian house boy working out for you?

MtD

Komaes isn't Indonesian.  Anyway, he sucks now that you ask.  He's like General Tso on acid.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 04:50:12 am »
It is hard to find decent help.

Why Andrew Sullivan said to me only the other day that things had gone to hell once Mrs Cheney started paying her ethnic support minimum wage. I agree with Laura B.; if you treat 'em mean then they'll stay keen.

Here's hoping for another tsunami!

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:43 pm »
If you drop a $5 on the street, is a top or a bottom more likely to pick it up?  And does it matter if it is in a nice part of town or in the ghetto?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »
Excellent line of questioning, I must say -- should we conduct a poll?

Offline bear60

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 03:06:52 pm »
Oh please do.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 03:25:33 pm »
LOL too funny

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 03:42:27 pm »
If there is a forum member with Grant Writing experience and IF we can find a straight control group, there may be funding available while the Bush Administration is still in town.  Oops! I just checked my Bush Countdown clock and discovered... there are only 222 Days, 8 hours and 15 minutes left until President and First Lady Obama move into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave  ;D ;D ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline meenu

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 06:12:10 pm »
If you drop a $5 on the street, is a top or a bottom more likely to pick it up?  And does it matter if it is in a nice part of town or in the ghetto?

By the way, this was my question a few months ago. Thanks for reminding thunter.

:)

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
Re: Who is the Husband (and who's the wife)?
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:12 pm »
I must admit that I did not understand fully the post by Matty (I like his posts anyways) but i have the feeling its a joke.  :)

Look at it this way. Imagine what it would mean if you DID understand MtD's Post fully.

8) -megasept

PS MtD: District Councils (except in the EU) of the Ill-Begotten meet first Tuesday immediately after the Solstice only in the Southern Hemisphere, right?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 11:31:37 pm »
PS MtD: District Councils (except in the EU) of the Ill-Begotten meet first Tuesday immediately after the Solstice only in the Southern Hemisphere, right?

Yup. In the Northern Hemisphere (excepting the EU) District Councils meet on J. Edgar Hoover's birthday.

Natural disasters permitting of course. :)

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.