Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 667
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My HIV positive friend Felix.  (Read 4031 times)

Offline blondbeauty

My HIV positive friend Felix.
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:20 am »
I have posted about him several times. Well, yesterday I spent all day with him. He had a cd4 count of 180 in November of 2005 and never went back to the clinic.
After seeing how well am I doing on treatment, he is now ready to start treatment. But he is being operated the 18th and wants to start meds after the operation. I saw his bloodwork for the operation and his total white cell blood count is below 600. If a 25% of those cells were cd4 he would have 150cd4. He was also suffering from a very persistent cough. I am a bit worried with all this.  :-\
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline water duck

Re: My HIV positive friend Felix.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:56:20 am »
Juan,

Worrying is not going to help in anything,
Being there DOES !!

Hope things will be back to normal for you soon !!
Sending you good thoughts and kind regards.

Siang

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:00:27 am »
YOU have inspired him.
What more can you do baby?

Hermie :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:44:49 am »
You did your job.  And a GOOD JOB at that!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:46:04 pm »
I have posted about him several times. Well, yesterday I spent all day with him. He had a cd4 count of 180 in November of 2005 and never went back to the clinic.
After seeing how well am I doing on treatment, he is now ready to start treatment. But he is being operated the 18th and wants to start meds after the operation. I saw his bloodwork for the operation and his total white cell blood count is below 600. If a 25% of those cells were cd4 he would have 150cd4. He was also suffering from a very persistent cough. I am a bit worried with all this.  :-\

Thank you. That inspires me to do more for others

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 11:17:52 pm »
Hey Juan,

You are a true friend for being there to support your friend Felix. He is ready to address what he needs to do in order to HELP him with his situation. You are in his life for a REASON. With this very reason, continue to be there to support him and share with him the things that you have experienced as well.

Happy Holidays!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 03:52:12 am »
I'm surprised they would operate on him with a low tcell count (and presumably a reasonably high viral load).  Seems like that could add to any complications from the operations, if he has any.  Is the surgery medically necessary (immediately)?  If not, he should consider delaying the surgery until after he's started treatment and is responding well.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 06:00:48 am »
In fact I tested for HIV thanks to him. So now it is my turn to help him. The Dr. who is operating him does not know about his HIV infection. he is having the operation done by his private insurance company and he does not want them to find out. Hi patelets are ok and it is a minor operation: genital warts. I hope they put him on antibiotics to prevent any possible infection.
I will be with him the day of the operation. He is telling his family he is going on holidays so I am the only one that knows what is going on....
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Cliff

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 06:43:53 am »
He will most likely get antibiotics.  If not, speak up.  Actually he should be on antibiotics anyway, because of his low tcell count.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 07:26:49 pm »

I agree with the others Blond he should be on antibiotics with his cd4 so low.   He is fortunate to have a friend like you by his side.   I hope everything works out.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.