Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:19:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This sound as good news ? Isn't it ?  (Read 6592 times)

Offline panda

This sound as good news ? Isn't it ?
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:07:54 pm »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:46:06 am by iana5252 »

Offline MitchMiller

Re: This sound as good news ? Isn't it ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:08:59 am »
I bought stock in another co. (AEZS) that is also working on a similar drug.  My take is that co.'s will follow Dermik's lead and try to get fast track to get the product approved for AIDS wasting or lipo, then the product will explode into the anti-aging market, being prescribed off-label.  (just like sculptra)
Unfortunately, these drugs may work so well that they will end up being so widely abused that gov'ts will make HGH (or drugs like this that cause HGH to be produced) schedule 1 drugs.... just like morphine.  They'll be extremely difficult to get and no dr.'s will want to mess with the paper work required to prescribe them.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:45:41 am »
I will believe it when i try it. I heard the same thing about serostim and metaphormin. Neither worked in reducing fat deposits and both had very bad sides.

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:35:58 am »
I agree... and should qualify when I said "work so well" I meant that TH9507 would do what it is intended to do physiologically... cause the body to produce HGH.  From everything I've read, drugs of  this type do work in that respect.
Now... I agree they may not work much better than injected HGH for AIDS related conditions.  I believe researchers believe injectable HGH raises HGH levels transiently for a short period of time... so they are not constant.  These drugs can provide a more constant level of HGH in the body so the hope is the therapeutic benefit would be better.
Also, the lower the dose, the fewer (if any) the side-effects of HGH.  I know the daily dose of Serostim was huge, but was probably what was required to see the most significant results.  I'm guessing the use of Iplex might permit lower doses... maybe less sides.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:38:37 am by MitchMiller »

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:25:44 am »
mitch, I know you are right, I just will never forget my year of misery on serostim and the serono rep telling me how much better I was looking and how my body fat was being reduced. total bullshit.
I had an opportunity recently to enter a trial for some new form of injectable hgh,and I couldnt bring myself to do it. I wanna see results from others first.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.