Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:34:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 287
Total: 288

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Its been a while and missed alot  (Read 4093 times)

Offline franfrog

Its been a while and missed alot
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »
So as some of you know I have been a member for a while, since my diagnosis 5 years ago.  I always come to read and so on but was away for a while and unfortunately missed some things I wish I could have been here for.  Moffie for instance(he had helped me so much after my diagnosis). Lisa who i was in contact with quite a bit with the meds.  I think of this often and miss many dearly.  I also think of many who have helped me that I just miss from not being around, Alanbama :) and Matty the damned, we had some differences in the past not sure if you remember but I always listen to everyone even if i get mad. lol

anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update since I have been back and posting a little bit but always reading what is happening.  I realized that this is definitely like a home away from home and miss it.
Now that I have been able to accept my diagnosis and have been seeing a therapist and been on my meds, I have also been diagnosed with depression and bipolar which I was on meds for but had to stop them.  I only had to stop them because I found out that I am pregnant. :)
I am now 9 months.  I am due Jan 9th but will be getting a c-section not only because of my status but I had two before with my other children, sometime the end of this month.  I have been doing well without my depression meds and I think because I am so elated to be pregnant.  I am not sure what will happen after the baby but I am trying to be optimistic. 
So anyway I know this is long but just wanted to say hello again and hope you will all welcome me back with open arms. 
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline emeraldize

Re: Its been a while and missed alot
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:12:08 pm »
Welcome back, Fran! Congratulations on the upcoming birth, too! Em

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:56:45 pm »
Welcome back Fran. And congrats! Are you saying you were picking on Matty The Great One? j/k

I like the way you describe this place as "A home away from Home." i like that, it's true for me as well. I often wonder what I would do id it weren't for AMC. It is truly a special place.

Welcome back again!
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:08 pm »

Hey Fran...  I wish you the best with the upcoming birth.  I hope it's a boy. ;D
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:12:14 pm »
Thank you all.  Sorry skeebo it's a girl. lol
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »
Congrats on the girl. Skeebo, why did you want her to have a boy? LoL.
Positive since 1985

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »
Thank you all.  Sorry skeebo it's a girl. lol

You won't be laughing when she turns 14..  lol

Congrats on the girl. Skeebo, why did you want her to have a boy? LoL.

Because I would have looked foolish if I told her, "I hope it's a cat."

Offline franfrog

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:58 am »
oh skeebo I already have 2 kids.  I have 2 teenagers at that.  trust me I was hoping for the boy.  My son is 16 and my daughter 13 so yeah I am in trouble. lol 
I am blessed either way.
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 10:48:47 am »
Long time no see and congrats on the newest member of the family. I am so sorry to hear about your depression and bipolar diagnosis and I hope your therapy and/or medications can continue to help you. I also want to tell you how delighted I am with at how far you have come. I hope you can see, what I see and are equally impressed.  I see a woman, who has grown to accept her infection, adjusted and continued on that path to attain the life she wants. I see a person, who has faced incredible odds, dealing with HIV and mental health issues, all while raising a family. I see not only a survivor, but someone who has gone beyond surviving and moved onto thriving while HIV poz. No small feat, my lady and please do not ever forget that fact.

Welcome back... and have you picked out any names???

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
oh skeebo I already have 2 kids.  I have 2 teenagers at that.  trust me I was hoping for the boy.  My son is 16 and my daughter 13 so yeah I am in trouble. lol 
I am blessed either way.

My wife and I had our daughter 3 years ago, it is definitely a blessing.   By the way, I like the name Staynecia.

Fran, I hope all goes well and she's born healthy with ten toes!

Now don't stay a stranger and come back telling us she just turned 5 years old, okay? lol

S

Offline bear60

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »
Hi Fran
Hope you and family have a great holiday and new year too. Nice to see you back
Good luck with the baby.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 07:24:06 pm »
Hey Frannie! :-*

MtD

Offline franfrog

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 11:49:47 am »
I hope you can see, what I see and are equally impressed.  I see a woman, who has grown to accept her infection, adjusted and continued on that path to attain the life she wants. I see a person, who has faced incredible odds, dealing with HIV and mental health issues, all while raising a family. I see not only a survivor, but someone who has gone beyond surviving and moved onto thriving while HIV poz. No small feat, my lady and please do not ever forget that fact.

Welcome back... and have you picked out any names???
Thank you.  I do actually see this which is an amazing defeat to this disease.  I have learned to stand on my own, take control of my life and believe it or not everything started to fall into place.  I switched my Dr and changed my meds all in time for the new little one.  I feel great and actually am a little scared about post pardum depression but I am going to be strong and try to rise above it just as I have everything else.

We have decided on Gabriele for our little angel who is scheduled to come Jan 2nd.

Hey Joel I missed you glad to see you are still here.
Hey Matty. 
I plan on staying back here and definitely will give updates on how i am and how the baby is.
Thank you again for all the warm welcome backs.
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »
Hello Fran

Long time, much missed

good luck with the sprog, I am sure this will be more important. and muxh more noisy, than any other stuff going on and a sense of perspective is kinda therapeutic I find  :)

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »
Good to see you back here, Fran. I remember seeing you on another site while I was lurking on this one some years back. Here it is like a home away from home. As we go on in life things change and sometimes that means home changes, too, but I've been in 3 homes since I came here and even though I "own" the home I live in now, I know that this home will be here for me should something go south.

One thing I've learned working in healthcare (and reading a lot of records) is that vaginal deliveries after C-sections are not recommended, and to that effect the nurses and doctors involved are better prepared for deliveries--especially scheduled ones. You and Gabriele will be in good hands with those attending, and in the best hands with those who look over you (including us!)

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 09:25:47 am »
   By the way, I like the name Staynecia.

Skeebs, you are REALLY pushing for this name.  Ask one of your kids if they would like to change their names :)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 01:43:29 pm »
Fran honey, so glad to hear from you!  And congratulations!   I am thrilled.  It is truly a blessing !

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday honey, and hope that everything goes well.  Keep us posted.

Love , Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.