Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:59:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 447
Total: 449

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thursday Night?  (Read 16599 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Thursday Night?
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:53:29 pm »
By Thursday night, everyone will have arrived.  Yet we don't have anything "officially" planned.  I was thinking that we might be adventurous and take a group walking tour of the Zona Rosa.  (Despite some confusion, our hotel is not in the Zona Rosa, but is about 1/2 mile from it's boundary.)

Any thoughts?

http://wikitravel.org/en/Mexico_City/Zona_Rosa

RAB   ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Thursday Night?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:29:14 pm »
What thread has the day-by-day planned stuff? 
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:19:57 pm »
Thom and I are game.  Always like looking for any local "hot tamales".  Of course, RAB will have to wear his rosa panties.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:23:13 pm by Ric Wilke »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:24:07 am »
What thread has the day-by-day planned stuff? 

Good question.  I don't think there is one yet. 

Just going off the top of my head, there's these things planned:

Friday A.M.  Memorial Service
Friday P.M.  Meet and Greet
Saturday     Trip to Pyramids

RAB 

Offline Jody

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 10:29:22 am »
The Thursday night walking tour sounds fine.  Regarding the pyramids are we just going to get that done when we arrive or do we have to do anything in advance?

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 12:03:01 pm »
What night is the adventure to see an XXL-drag queen lip synch to Lucha Villa records?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 05:11:51 pm »
What night is the adventure to see an XXL-drag queen lip synch to Lucha Villa records?

Have no idea Philly, but when you find out just remember not to leave me behind...you know I hate missing out on anything ;)

Edited to add if that's what you guys want to do then I'm up for it.
Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:06:09 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:15 pm »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 08:48:33 pm »
Getting back to the original intent of this thread!   ;)

Anyone interested?

RAB   ;D

By Thursday night, everyone will have arrived.  Yet we don't have anything "officially" planned.  I was thinking that we might be adventurous and take a group walking tour of the Zona Rosa.  (Despite some confusion, our hotel is not in the Zona Rosa, but is about 1/2 mile from it's boundary.)

Any thoughts?

http://wikitravel.org/en/Mexico_City/Zona_Rosa

RAB   ;D

Offline mjmel

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 09:01:56 pm »
Jan (anniebc) will draw up a daily itinerary with plenty room for flexibility. I believe there is a need for daily morning assembly and possible afternoon regroups, if applicable. Jan has graciously agreed to organize our days with a structured itinerary in the few days just after the conference yet before most of us arrive.

Jan will be in good company while she awaits the group. RAB (Rocky) will be at her side several days before we arrive. Perhaps he can assist.

Mike

P.S. I'm going to pass on Thrusday eve tour because my roommie arrives late (a new yorker at heart) so I'm just gonna chill at the hotel bar till he gets there. Then, go to bed.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:58 pm »
The Wee One and I are with Mike.  We'll hang out at the hotel on Thursday night or not venture very far from it.  Besides, someone has to man the phones in case a few need to post bail :P.

Mum
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:59:50 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »
Half of you AIDS folks will be passed out from the high altitude by 5m anyway.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:33 am »
Jan (anniebc) will draw up a daily itinerary with plenty room for flexibility. I believe there is a need for daily morning assembly and possible afternoon regroups, if applicable. Jan has graciously agreed to organize our days with a structured itinerary in the few days just after the conference yet before most of us arrive.

Jan will be in good company while she awaits the group. RAB (Rocky) will be at her side several days before we arrive. Perhaps he can assist.

Mike

P.S. I'm going to pass on Thursday eve tour because my roommie arrives late (a new yorker at heart) so I'm just gonna chill at the hotel bar till he gets there. Then, go to bed.

Thanks to a frantic, confused RAB--it has been pointed out to me that David and I arrive on WEDNESDAY--so I'm open to Thursday daytime/eve/drag show/whatever walk-a-bout in Pink Zone.

Mike
(who apologizes for the senior moment)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:50 am »
Besides, someone has to man the phones in case a few need to post bail :P.

Mum

LMAO!  True, so true!  I've seen some of this band of misfits in action.   :o

Half of you AIDS folks will be passed out from the high altitude by 5m anyway.

I'm hoping to make it to my normal 9:00 pm, but you do have a point about the altitude.  ::)

RAB   ;D

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:13:50 am »
Jan,

Please get with Robert.  I believe he has agreed to do the printed itinerary again this year.

Ciao,
Dennis

Offline Cliff

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 04:16:16 pm »
By the time Philly and I arrive from the airport you guys are likely to be gone.  But maybe we can have some late night drinks before crashing.

And just for the record, Rocky is NOT allowed to give me medication this year! 

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 04:49:12 pm »
By the time Philly and I arrive from the airport you guys are likely to be gone.  But maybe we can have some late night drinks before crashing.

Doesn't anyone pay attention?  Sheesh!  I'm talking about THURSDAY night.  You and Philly arrive on WEDNESDAY

And just for the record, Rocky is NOT allowed to give me medication this year! 

Don't you blame me for that one mister.  I assumed you were headed right back to your room, not Lisa's.  And I certainly didn't expect you to take both of them at once!  ::)

Besides, you did leave your mark on the Powell Hotel!  ;)

RAB   :-*

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 12:30:57 am »
I am so glad that I'm not the only one who can't keep their days straight.  Someone is going to give us an itenerary, yes?  Maybe we need to elect an official town crier that can walk up and down the hotel hallways, ringing a bell, and reminding us what day of the week it is.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 04:40:26 pm »
Hey all you travellers...a friend just sent me an interesting guide to various sites in Mexico city

Google.com  ....." LOGO channel"... look for the BUMP travel guide to Mexico city within the site..

http://www.logoonline.com/travel/destinations/north_america/mexico/mexico_city.jhtml
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:49:15 pm by pozniceguy »
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline Robert

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 10:59:16 am »
nick....

that's a good link.  I hope our social committee takes note.

robt

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 04:50:39 pm »
Doesn't anyone pay attention?  Sheesh!  I'm talking about THURSDAY night.  You and Philly arrive on WEDNESDAY

Don't you blame me for that one mister.  I assumed you were headed right back to your room, not Lisa's.  And I certainly didn't expect you to take both of them at once!  ::)

Besides, you did leave your mark on the Powell Hotel!  ;)

RAB   :-*

You can give me ALL the medication you want honey.  I'm like a Hoover vacuum.  In fact, everyone needs to offer me a dowry of sorts of various pills.

(please)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 04:52:13 pm »
nick....

that's a good link.  I hope our social committee takes note.

robt

I thought I posted a link listing all of the bath houses last week -- or did I not?  I know I bookmarked it.

I'm bringing a box of poppers to distribute in everyone's gift baggie.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »
I thought I posted a link listing all of the bath houses last week -- or did I not?  I know I bookmarked it.

I'm bringing a box of poppers to distribute in everyone's gift baggie.

:o
Poppers bloody hell stink! Do not place in Mike's gift bag. No joy.

Mike

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 05:34:43 pm »

:o
Poppers bloody hell stink! Do not place in Mike's gift bag. No joy.

Mike

Make sure you pack one of these

Offline mjmel

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 05:40:03 pm »
 :D

You know me well, philly267.

Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.