Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:28:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I infected?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline worried258

• Standard
Am I infected?
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »
Alright so four years ago I was 16 and had a trip to the dominican repub. I paid a stripper to have sex with me and the condom snapped half way through because it was to small. My dick was inside her while it snapped but I pulled it out and put on another one because I wasn't about to fuck a stripper without a condom. Now I'm 20 and for about a year I've been feeling muscular pains around my abdominal area and I get night sweats but only when sleeping with a blanket (I live in brazil so mind you it is pretty hot.) So I've been to the doctor multiple times complaining about these muscular aches they are literally annoying as all hell and they dont seem to go away unless I use some sort of muscle relaxer or the other meds they prescribed me. It's not a consistent pain it just comes and gos when it pleases. Another thing is my nails were also brittle for some time at the end of last year and it looked like there was another nail growing under them. (All the nails were like this even my feet).

So I have an upcoming blood test for basically everything in two weeks.

Where do you think I stand with the possibility of having HIV or already having full blown aids.

Thanks in advance - worried.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Am I infected?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:42 pm »
Well, in the ten plus years I have been answering questions and doing risk assessment on these forums, I have yet to see a penetrative partner test positive after a condom break. I would be surprised if you broke that record.

After four years, it's great that you are finally getting an STD panel - I assume you aren't just testing for HIV, right? Every sexually active person who is not in a mutually monogamous relationship ought to have a complete STD panel (including, of course, an HIV test) at least once a year - I vote for twice.

Other STDs, such as syphilis, are FAR more easy to acquire than HIV - and can be disastrous if not caught and treated early.

If you ONLY got an HIV test, I urge you to follow up with a complete STD panel. I don't have to remind you that untreated syphilis remains deadly.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline worried258

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:52:47 pm »
Wow, thanks for the super quick reply. Yeah I'm getting a full STD panel I'm not leaving anything up to chance. Also I haven't even had any sexual relations since that time with the stripper if that changes much.

Your reply is helping me feel a bit more steady I was really in a panic state thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:28:30 pm »
Like JK I am expecting a negative test result for you. As a sexually active man you do need to have the full test panel done not less than once a year.

Good luck with your result(s).
Andy Velez

Offline worried258

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »
Well im back still waiting till the appointed date for my STD panel and I've been noticing a slow shift in my weight.. not sure if its because my eating habits are different or not but I've been getting paranoid. I used to weigh 183 and everyday it seems that im losing .5..... I'm at 177.5 now (lb) this is driving me crazy. With this info alone do you guys think I'm a possible candidate for HIV? Yesterday I was in the hospital for a panic attack and didnt get to eat anything until night time but that wouldnt explain a 2.5 drop in weight would it? Also I'm only 20... so how long do you think I could survive with the proper medication if I were to have hiv... I woke up with strange back muscular pain today as well... I think im losing it.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »
Of course I don't think your stress-related weight loss is a symptom of HIV.

Dramatic weight loss, or wasting, sometimes accompanies advanced HIV disease - meaning you would have had it for years, your immune system would be negligible, and opportunistic infections would be accumulating as the virus raged out of control without medication.

Do you really think that's what's going on? Because it's awfully dramatic.

And here's the scoop on HIV infection on 2013. You get diagnosed. You make certain you have access to treatment (in the US) and you take between one and five pills a day. And... then you live to be 90 and never develop any illness related to HIV, most likely.

That's the scenario that seems to be freaking you out.

I fully expect you to come out of this OK, except that maybe you ought to examine your hysteria with a professional. Going to the hospital with a panic attack over a condom break is not a rational response to this exceedingly low-risk situation that, even in the absolute worst case scenario, would present a bump in your journey, not the end of it.

Seriously.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.