Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:03:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 671
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 664
Total: 666

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 539782 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2008, 11:08:27 pm »
I attacked this 8ft. bush in the corner of the backyard today.

Then I grabbed this wire cable that is supposed to be the top of the fence that is down in the ground, and it only came up like 2 feet from the ground. I have to work on this some more. But, I dug around in the dirt and didn't find anymore fence. Who would put up a two foot fence? I am obviously missing something.

Then, cooking dinner, I needed the front burner that I had already been using and put a hot pan on the top of a stack of pot holders. I heard a 'funny noise but was in the process of cooking and ignored it. then I put the pan back on the burner and flames completely surrounded the pan.

I just stared at it for a second, thinking oil or grease had spilled, but not that much. Then I remember the strange hissing noise I had heard, quickly surmised that there were only three pot holders instead of four, picked up the flaming pan and looked on the bottom.

There was a blackened square, that fell onto the burner in a charcoaled heap. It was getting smaller as it burned, so I just waited for it to extinguish itself. I am not a pyromaniac or anything like that, but when I was a child, living in Portales, New Mexico, we were allowed to burn our trash in an alleyway. I would take cereal boxes and cartons and make it look like a city and then watch it burn.  8)

So, I wasn't worried about setting the house on fire and after the fire went out, I realized that there was smoke coming from under the oven...dang it....I had forgot about the bread..... >:(

I guess I should be banned from the kitchen and forbidden to cook anymore. We can eat fast food till the end of our days.  ::)

Then we called JW and wished him a Happy Fathers Day.

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2008, 09:47:09 am »
530am and I was still getting ready for Sit and be Fit. For some reason, I have developed a BAD case of the dropsies. ..I'll have a nice morsel headed for my mouth, and ..oo00ps..it ends up on the floor. I fished out a large, beautiful, whole cashew from the mixed nuts ...and haven't found it yet. I heard it hit the plastic floor cover under the chair, and I have looked everywhere, to no avail.

I did not exercise on Sunday as you're supposed to rest your muscles also. Well, today we were in the chair for 50% of the time. Mary Ann Wilson RN stood up and had us working our hamstrings and butts.  I thought I was going to die. Although there was one of those screen in screens showing an alternative to standing while sitting, I determined to stand.

My letter for the past week has been N for neuropathy. My groin area has really been bothering me. Feels like there is a tennis ball being squished when I sit or bend, but Doctor swears that I do not have a hernia and that it is neuropathy.

I'll be sitting at the computer and the bottom of feet feel like I'm standing of an ice cube. I try to ignore it, knowing that there is not an ice cube on the living room floor, but eventually I always look as it is so convincing that there is an ice cube under my foot.

Or it feels like the skin is folding on itself and I'm standing on the fold. ..weird

I usually wear sandal these days, but when I put on my boots, I've discovered that I can pull them off every minute and not find the rock or stick that I swear I feel is in there when I'm walking.

Then my toe nails feel like they want to pop off. My foot keeps cramping. My heel heels like it's bruised.

And then back to this groin area...

My gabapentin has been increased, but I don't know about it. I have been whining and complaining about this for months now and I'm
 probably just being a titty baby.

There is probably nothing they can really do, just suck it up and deal....

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:49:18 am by rondrond »

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2008, 10:47:49 am »

Ronnie  :-[.........sounds like you need a good foot and leg mas·sage................check your ASO, they may have someone, or can send you to a place where you can get a  (deep tissue mas·sage), and in most cases it's FREE, it's not a cure-all for what ills you, but, if anything, it will help you feel better, I try to get them as offen as I can  ;D..............after a good deep tissue massage (for about an hour or so) I always feel like a NEW MAN........
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:51:11 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2008, 11:20:39 am »
A deep tissue massage sounds wonderful. However, I was warned in DVT/PE class on things we could and could not do...a vigourous massage is a nono as it might loosen a blood clot. ...

then, I could always say..."be gentle with me".... :P

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2008, 11:29:55 am »
A deep tissue massage sounds wonderful. However, I was warned in DVT/PE class on things we could and could not do...a vigourous massage is a nono as it might loosen a blood clot. ...

then, I could always say..."be gentle with me".... :P

Hummm well then you may want to try a HOT BATH  ;) (as hot as you can stand it).................that works for me....after a good 2 hours workout of biking & weight trainnig........also you may try to sleep in your BED besides sleeping on the sofa, if you are missing your doggie (you said it died) you might look into getting a Kittie or a Puppy.........but that may not be a good idea, as you don't have a lotta time to care and interact with them......I have 2 Cats well my othehalf BOB has one & I have one, ( the one in my post is name MAX) cats don't need a lotta interaction ( just feed them and clean out the litter box), and well We live with CATS, they only choose to live with us (ours are both nutered and NEVER go outside)........dogs are different, they live for YOU  ;D....I had to put my Chow Chow down, after 14 yrs. back in 2004, she went blind and her back legs gave out  :'( I still think about her a lot, I even see her in my dreams...........I miss my doggie a LOT  :'(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:45:24 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2008, 11:42:30 am »
Dogs definitely rule.

I have been adopted by two black cats, that run if I get too close. All I do is talk to them. One has been in a fight and his ear is folded forward to his head...weird..in fact, I call him Weirdo....he'll be sleeping on the back doorstep which is pretty elevated. Puts me right about at his eyesight when I walk by and we look each other in the eye...with his weird little ear folded down.... :D

I've been putting off going to the pound until I get my SSDI thing settled. I just can't take on another responsibility until I know that I can take care of them. (don't like to make promises that I can't keep)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2008, 11:49:48 am »
Dogs definitely rule.

I have been adopted by two black cats, that run if I get too close. All I do is talk to them. One has been in a fight and his ear is folded forward to his head...weird..in fact, I call him Weirdo....he'll be sleeping on the back doorstep which is pretty elevated. Puts me right about at his eyesight when I walk by and we look each other in the eye...with his weird little ear folded down.... :D

I've been putting off going to the pound until I get my SSDI thing settled. I just can't take on another responsibility until I know that I can take care of them. (don't like to make promises that I can't keep)

;D Sounds like Weirdo the black cat, is looking for a good home, cats know a good thing when they see it ( hint, hint  ;) ) that cat won't just hang around, if it didn't want to be with you, it must like something about you ronnie  ;D and I mean that in a good way ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #307 on: June 16, 2008, 12:05:47 pm »
They are being fed by 'neighbor' with the pine trees.

Man, when they first moved in, they had about 6 dogs outside and two inside plus 4-5 cats. As you could see, our driveways are connected, just one big slab of concrete. The owner of their house, used to live in our house, then built their house and I guess all being family, there was no problem.

Today, I have to keep telling visitors that all of that driveway is not mine. I would leave for work at 5am, and all of those doges were lined up at the gate serenading me and I could see porch lights coming on all up and down the street.

Then I would get home @ 7-8pm and they would line up and serenade me again. Which I would see porchlights coming on all up and down the street.

And people would be walking their dogs in the evening and would be serenaded, and kids would be riding by and be serenaded and eventually the neighborhood got involved and enforced the River Oaks Law/Rule # 2345235rwefd under ordinance #1234wetdfg which stated that no household could have more than 3 dogs. .....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #308 on: June 16, 2008, 02:54:23 pm »
. One has been in a fight and his ear is folded forward to his head...quote

I have seen ear mites do so much damage to a cats ear that that is what happened...the ear became deformed and oddly bent forward...ear mites ...nasty things to get rid of.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

Man, when they first moved in, they had about 6 dogs outside and two inside plus 4-5 cats. As you could see, our driveways are connected, just one big slab of concrete. The owner of their house, used to live in our house, then built their house and I guess all being family, there was no problem.

Today, I have to keep telling visitors that all of that driveway is not mine. I would leave for work at 5am, and all of those doges were lined up at the gate serenading me and I could see porch lights coming on all up and down the street.

Then I would get home @ 7-8pm and they would line up and serenade me again. Which I would see porchlights coming on all up and down the street.

And people would be walking their dogs in the evening and would be serenaded, and kids would be riding by and be serenaded and eventually the neighborhood got involved and enforced the River Oaks Law/Rule # 2345235rwefd under  #ordinance1234wetdfg which stated that no household could have more than 3 dogs. .....

Yeah here in Albuquerqre...we have that same city ordinance (no more than 3 animals per-household of any kind)............it makes me MAD when people don't follow the rules, it's really not fair to the animals when they don't  >:(

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:56 pm »
I attacked this 8ft. bush in the corner of the backyard today.
You look buff and dangerous. LOL Ready for business.

Our next door neighbor has a bunch of stray cats she feeds. She finds them, traps them, gets them snipped and releases them then feeds them. So we have several cats in in our yard most often. They wont come to us either. They eyeball you and make a mad dash if you get too close.

Offline denb45

« Reply #311 on: June 16, 2008, 05:37:53 pm »

Our next door neighbor has a bunch of stray cats she feeds. She finds them, traps them, gets them snipped and releases them then feeds them. So we have several cats in in our yard most often. They wont come to us either. They eyeball you and make a mad dash if you get too close.

Get some raw meat or fish, and they will come a running ,at least ours do  ;D my Cat MAXX lies all over me, kneeds me to death, purs, and go's to sleep, all day long, he's like a puppy-dog......follows me all around the house ( I cook alot, maybe that's why  ;D) and when I get back from biking my (10miles) he there in the window seal just waiting for me, so, he can make love to my old sweaty shorts & shoes...........he's really funny  ;D and makes me laugh a lotta  :) I don't know why he's so attached to me, when my Chow Chow was put down, I guess he had to step-up-to-the-plate...........smart CAT huh?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:40:18 pm by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2008, 01:11:32 am »
. One has been in a fight and his ear is folded forward to his head...quote

I have seen ear mites do so much damage to a cats ear that that is what happened...the ear became deformed and oddly bent forward...ear mites ...nasty things to get rid of.

Awww...after much googling I finally found a picture of a cat with it's ears deformed, laying flat forward, because of ear mites. I can only hope that Weirdo has been treated by 'neighbors' as I have never seen him scratch. The only thing I have seen him do are:

sleep

look me in the eye

run

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:16:39 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2008, 01:13:31 am »
You look buff and dangerous. LOL Ready for business. /quote]

;D Most people say that until I open my mouth and remove all doubt.. ::)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:15:52 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2008, 01:17:45 am »
Get some raw meat or fish, and they will come a running ,at least ours do  ;D my Cat MAXX lies all over me, kneeds me to death, purs, and go's to sleep, all day long, he's like a puppy-dog......follows me all around the house ( I cook alot, maybe that's why  ;D) and when I get back from biking my (10miles) he there in the window seal just waiting for me, so, he can make love to my old sweaty shorts & shoes...........he's really funny  ;D and makes me laugh a lotta  :) I don't know why he's so attached to me, when my Chow Chow was put down, I guess he had to step-up-to-the-plate...........smart CAT huh?

I'd say he's very smart and appears to be well fed and taken care of....dare I say 'spoiled rotten?'

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2008, 01:54:06 am »
After Sit and Be Fit, I sat and was tired. :D

I can't seem to shake this foggy feeling and keep dropping things. I woke Katie at 930am, as Charlotte was to be here at 10AM. 931AM..dingdong...and Charlotte was e-i-e-i-early....

By now, my eyes got involved and were bleary and felt to be burning..avoided the couch as I was going to the bank today. I got my Stimulus Check on Saturday. As I was leaving, I asked Katie is I should lock the door or leave it unlocked for Romeo. "huh?" ...

Her 'boyfriend' won't come over if I'm here, so I was letting her know that I was going to be gone for at least 2 hours.  ::)

Just to show that I still love my truck I went to the car wash and spent $3.00 scrubbing, rinsing and waxing......all courtesy of a furnished brush on a wand and a spray wand....

I was probably giving the owners caniptions when I lowered the tailgate and sent all those pine needles shooting out into the washing bay. They have a security camera. ...and don't live far, if not next door. They mostly get all 'het up' at people who hit up the changer for $5.00 or more in quarters as they have to keep refilling it. A lot of people just get change for the laundromat and leave.

Boy, it's been almost a year come July 4th since I had my DVT and stopped working. I haven't been to the bank since then. I've banked there for almost 20 years and the doorman and tellers know be by name. It felt kinda weird, knowing that they might not ever see me again. Unless I win the Texas Lottery, or have to liquefy my IRA.

Went ahead and treated myself to a new pair of Ozark Trail sandals that were on sale in the middle aisle for $5.00. And a $5.00 shirt. WalMart appears to have been slashing prices the closer the new Super Target across the street comes to completion.

Completely wore myself out trying to stay away long enough for Katie to have her afternoon delight. When I got home I laid straight down, elevating my leg and wondering if neuropathy would take over if I had new feet put on....

Katie woke me up for 6pm meds and dinner was chicken breast, bean/cheese burritos, rice, and southwestern beans.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2008, 02:10:57 pm »
Well, Katie and Romeo were grateful for the time together. Apparently, my being home 24/7 has put a serious crimp in their romantic trysts.  :D

Loud ringing in my ears woke me up at 5am. I did not want to get up. I felt like the very air was pushing me back down and whispering "sleep...sleep"
I did get up fifteen minutes later and got my kitchen chair for Sit and be Fit at 530am. even though my body was fighting my brain on it.

I put the tape in for recording and gave in and laid down, and petulantly laid there until the credits had finished and then jumped up and got in the chair. Once started, I;m going to finish, so got into the routine. and then....

Mary Ann threw me for a loop, she had hand weights! I had to get up and rush to the bedroom and get my hand weights thinking, ' I must have graduated to some advanced level.'. :-\

She wore me out.  It is trash day, so I had to roll out the trash bins. then, I had to go back to sleep. I guess I will someday be body beautiful, prone to being horizontal on a couch, with one leg/foot larger than another, slightly discolored..(it's soon to be all the rage)....with...(let me go get my comb)..there....good hair....you can do anything as long as your hair is looking good. :D

I had to get up and look out the window. The wind is BLOWING. tree branches are bending to the ground. It is dark and gray and wind is blowing up dust clouds, leaves ...but, no rain..where's the rain?...a thought wanders through that I washed my truck yesterday...it should be raining...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:16:54 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2008, 07:24:27 am »
So, I'm sitting here, listening to my ears ring.  :-\

I have just finished Sit and be Fit. She must have osmosed through the Universe that I have been having difficulty in dropping things as I needed a rubber band and we are rolling up our towels and putting the rubber band around it. then using it to squeeze and flex our fingers and wrists. Then there are these touching fingers to the thumbs making "O's"

I have my bottle of Atenolol next to the phone to remind me to call in and refill.

Dang, my eyes have really been bleary for this past week. Eye exam said nothings wrong, so it must all be in my head.  :-\

So, I'm making two lists. One of ailments that the doctor recognizes, and one they ignore. Then there's the one that has the few that I whine and cry and and carry on enough that they finally recognize.  :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2008, 01:17:50 pm »
We got that rain you where looking for. The wind snatched up my new outdoor umbrella and knocked over our glass table spraying glass all over the back patio. Broke one of the arm thingys on the umbrella too. LOL the patio looks like hell but we got most of the glass up.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:50 pm »
 Nice pool Wendy , when is the pool party ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2008, 02:53:56 pm »
LOL Thanks

We are actually hosting one for our hetero group next month.

Guess that wouldnt be helpful for many of this group...

The pool needs a little work. some of the tiles have fallen of and I think it has a leak.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:55:38 pm by Winiroo »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2008, 11:04:23 pm »

I bet they do make a mad dash...just look at what happened the last time they trusted someone....got snipped :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »
LOL Thanks

We are actually hosting one for our hetero group next month.

Guess that wouldnt be helpful for many of this group...

The pool needs a little work. some of the tiles have fallen of and I think it has a leak.

Maybe you could drag the broken table over to the missing tiles, sort of create a natural disaster scenario,  and blame it all on a small tornado and get insurance to help out?  :-\ ;D

Were you home when it broke? I bet it was loud and you didn't know what the heck was going on. I would have been maneuvering Katie's wheelchair to the middle hallway and grabbing pillows. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2008, 11:11:57 pm »
Nice pool Wendy , when is the pool party ?

I'll bring hot dogs. I just know with a fancy layout like that, there's a grill up in there somewhere.  :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:01 pm »
Katie gave Charlotte the day off, for some reason. And I had been fighting off taking a morning nap waiting for her show up, until Katie parked in the living room ready to play POGO...Wednesday is 'Badge Day'....it's a POGO thing...and then I got the news that there would be no Charlotte today.

Called in my Atenolol refill and then decided to call Binder and Binder since we hadn't communicated since April. I was just going to update her on my oral surgery, start date on HIV meds, and to add on my new Dr G when she started to ask about appointment dates and my mind went ...blank...and I had to run to the living room throw Katie off the computer, and switch users to pull up my calendar where I have all pertinent information.

We used to have two phone lines, one for the phone and one for the computer. Then, we got High Speed, so didn't two phone numbers, so I canceled my phone number and got a cellular. I have three hard drives and monitors and such, and there is a phone jack in the kitchen. I just know that there must be some way to connect a computer in the kitchen so we can both be online at the same time......

being electronically challenged, I have only found out that there is a way and it looks VERY complicated and GEEK SQUAD  material. It is way over my head.

Then I got real depressed when she reminded me that though I was on a waiting list to go before a disability judge, it could take 12-24 months. I wonder what I would find if I googled "pay under the table jobs?"

Then I got even more depressed, so I went to sleep. Awoke at 7pm....dang ringing ears....and took 6pm meds at 7pm and dinner was spaghetti.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:31:08 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2008, 11:45:39 pm »
Yes..............it's called a Router Ronnie (so both of you can be on-line at the same time) they come in both wired or wireless versions, I have one w/ high speed cable internet, a Router can take up to 5 PC's, or more, we have 4 PC's in the house, ) Bob has 2, a Notebbok and a Desktop I have 2 notebooks w/ the 2nd notebook in the Kitchen, so I can look up Cooking Recipes.........they run around 40 bucks and up depending on what you want ;D Routers are inexpensive and been around as long as the internet has been  :) they are EASY to hook up, and fun to use, and they DON'T slow down cuz your using more than one PC a time.........PC's and Notebooks are VERY Cheap right now, so, a 2nd one and a Router shouldn't put you back much $$$$  :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:02:37 am by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2008, 12:08:54 am »
I have sort of comandeered the kitchen table as my official battle site.  It's "me" against the world. I want to put a computer in here on that wall phone jack. So, all I have to do is buy a Router? plug it in,  and I'm good to go?

Katie has to give verbal directions to her aides NOT to touch anything....I know where everything is and it is where it is for a reason:

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2008, 08:56:59 am »
My MY.....the last supper and a pile of bills.  Thats pretty grim stuff Ron.   ;D
And I see a bag of chips that probably arent on anyones diet, as well.  :o
I have made a compromise.  I only eat organic blue or yellow corn chips and try to make a bag last a week. They tend to get really soggy by the end of the week though. Thats when i become desparate and just pour the salsa over them instad of trying to dip.

Offline denb45

« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2008, 10:27:29 am »
I have sort of comandeered the kitchen table as my official battle site.  It's "me" against the world. I want to put a computer in here on that wall phone jack. So, all I have to do is buy a Router? plug it in,  and I'm good to go?

Katie has to give verbal directions to her aides NOT to touch anything....I know where everything is and it is where it is for a reason:

My, I can't seem to make heads are tails of just what's on that table, however , I'm glad that you know where everything is.........Geesh  ???
YEP, that's right ronnie, but you'll have to run a RJ45 internet cable form the router to your other PC (if you go with a Wired Router) or, if you go with a wireless router you'll need 2 wireless router cards for both PC's............also you said you want to use that wall jack, so, I take it that you only have DSL, and not Cable internet.........in your case ( if you want to save some money) go with a wired Router, that way all you will need is just the RJ45 internet cabling ( a lot cheaper than buying 2 router cards for each PC) and RJ45 cable is easy to run along your baseboards at the bottom..........ronnie, if you have any more questions about how this works.....................let me know, and I'll be glad to help you  ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:42:01 am by denb45 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2008, 10:53:51 am »
Maybe you could drag the broken table over to the missing tiles, sort of create a natural disaster scenario,  and blame it all on a small tornado and get insurance to help out?  :-\ ;D

Were you home when it broke? I bet it was loud and you didn't know what the heck was going on. I would have been maneuvering Katie's wheelchair to the middle hallway and grabbing pillows. :D

Its an older pool I don't think they would fall for it. LOL
Plus it doesn't help that me and Billy are chronic truth tellers.

My boyfriends mom passed away several years ago and he and his older lady friend have adopted each other. She has a mentally retarded son. He was at her house visiting for a few days for Father's day. We had taken her son to the movies that day.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2008, 01:43:25 pm »
My, I can't seem to make heads are tails of just what's on that table, however , I'm glad that you know where everything is.........Geesh  ???
YEP, that's right ronnie, but you'll have to run a RJ45 internet cable form the router to your other PC (if you go with a Wired Router) or, if you go with a wireless router you'll need 2 wireless router cards for both PC's............also you said you want to use that wall jack, so, I take it that you only have DSL, and not Cable internet.........in your case ( if you want to save some money) go with a wired Router, that way all you will need is just the RJ45 internet cabling ( a lot cheaper than buying 2 router cards for each PC) and RJ45 cable is easy to run along your baseboards at the bottom..........ronnie, if you have any more questions about how this works.....................let me know, and I'll be glad to help you  ;D

@.@ ..uhh...we have ATT/Yahoo Charter DSL...I don't think anything on the floor  would survive Katie's wheelchair as the doorway to her bedroom is now almost half the hall.... still thinking...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2008, 01:56:17 pm »
My MY.....the last supper and a pile of bills.  Thats pretty grim stuff Ron.   ;D
And I see a bag of chips that probably arent on anyones diet, as well.  :o
I have made a compromise.  I only eat organic blue or yellow corn chips and try to make a bag last a week. They tend to get really soggy by the end of the week though. Thats when i become desparate and just pour the salsa over them instad of trying to dip.

This is what comes from having two people merging into one household. I have to let Katie have input. The picture is hers. My Last Supper is an oil painting, that is unframed and rolled up in a tube ....The blue butterflies are hers. Those aren't chips. ..bagged Honey Nut Cheerios..cheaper than the box...and animal crackers...

Not bills...Hospital/doctor reciepts, medicine reciepts, letters from Binder and Binder, Social Security Administration, bank statements, things that Binder and Binder wants, things that I had ot have to be reclassified to get Ryan White Funding, Income Tax, paperwork from when I had my business, proof that I no longer have said business and am heading down the crapper,  and I''m actually organizing and  putting in a folder, with a cover letter that has an Index....getting ready for a future Court date before a Disability Judge....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2008, 02:00:23 pm »
Its an older pool I don't think they would fall for it. LOL
Plus it doesn't help that me and Billy are chronic truth tellers.

My boyfriends mom passed away several years ago and he and his older lady friend have adopted each other. She has a mentally retarded son. He was at her house visiting for a few days for Father's day. We had taken her son to the movies that day.

What movie did you see?..We don't go to the movies anymore as it's too difficult getting her wheelchair in and situated...

OMG..did you automatically think that it was from a storm? or that someone had tried to break in?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2008, 02:05:56 pm »
Bugger...what a morning. 535am and it was thunder, lightening and rain. KA BOOM...boomboomboom..boom. I was just starting on Sit and be Fit and the power went out. Then it came back on. Then it went out, and back on. This continued throughout my entire show. Lost power at least 8 times.

Then, I couldn't get on the computer for three hours and Katie comes in and resets the modem.... ::)

Surprise, Katie did her first official Sit and be Fit today with Charlotte.  :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:52 pm »
Is this sit and fit show a local thing ? . I have never heard of it  ;D
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2008, 02:11:03 pm »
@.@ ..uhh...we have ATT/Yahoo Charter DSL...I don't think anything on the floor  would survive Katie's wheelchair as the doorway to her bedroom is now almost half the hall.... still thinking...

You would run the RJ45 Cable along the baseboard/molding, in most cases it can be tucked UNDER them, where they are outta-sight, and not in the way of anythnig are anybody....or you could drill a hole into the wall to reach the next room where the other PC would be (if you have the tools and you are handy) there is always a way to get this DONE  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2008, 02:17:24 pm »
Is this sit and fit show a local thing ? . I have never heard of it  ;D

It's on PBS Channel 13, here. I was googling for Body Electric which is not showing in my area anymore, When I found Sit and be Fit. Of course, I plan on graduating and moving on, :D but Katie is in a wheelchair.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2008, 02:21:17 pm »
This is what comes from having two people merging into one household. I have to let Katie have input. The picture is hers. My Last Supper is an oil painting, that is unframed and rolled up in a tube ....The blue butterflies are hers. Those aren't chips. ..bagged Honey Nut Cheerios..cheaper than the box...and animal crackers...

Not bills...Hospital/doctor reciepts, medicine reciepts, letters from Binder and Binder, Social Security Administration, bank statements, things that Binder and Binder wants, things that I had ot have to be reclassified to get Ryan White Funding, Income Tax, paperwork from when I had my business, proof that I no longer have said business and am heading down the crapper,  and I''m actually organizing and  putting in a folder, with a cover letter that has an Index....getting ready for a future Court date before a Disability Judge....

Hum........sounds like you need a filing cabinet.............GOOD FOR YOU Ronnie, SAVE, KEEP, and FILE all important paper work........ Binder and Binder, Social Security Administration.......and , Hospital/doctor reciepts, medicine reciepts, the more paper work you have the better for your Disability Case will be..it's VERY IMPORTANT to keep good records, as a former business owner, I'm sure no one has to tell you this  ;D and I know I sound like your wife or mother right now  ;D...so please forgive me if I do, but never-the-less, you sound like you got a good handle on what you need to do  ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:25:54 pm by denb45 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2008, 03:23:50 pm »
What movie did you see?..We don't go to the movies anymore as it's too difficult getting her wheelchair in and situated...

OMG..did you automatically think that it was from a storm? or that someone had tried to break in?

We saw the new Indiana Jones movie. I liked it.
We never go to the movies either because I hate to watch movies with people I cant control. LOL

This time my problem was a kid sitting behind me pushing my chair forward. I am nearly 5'9 and I can barely reach the chairs sitting in front of me.
How does a 9 or 10 year old boy who is maybe I don't know 5'5 at the most reach the back of my chair enough to push it forward without his parents noticing? <shakes head>

I usually just wait till things come out on video. I do however really want to see the movie Hancock.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV6Dy8S9o8
I might make an exception for this movie. I just need to check out who I am sitting near.

Naaa, it never occurred to me that it could have been anything other than the storm. On the way home we pointed out downed tree limbs to each other for entertainment. Now if it had been the glass door I might have freaked a little.  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #339 on: June 21, 2008, 01:32:28 am »
Hancock does look like a good movie. I want to see Indiana Jones too. If Katie needs another afternoon delight, I'll probably just go to the movie. Bit then, I'll have to pretend that I didn't see it when we watch it together. :-\

Katie is in the shower. It is strange to say that as for the past twelve years she has endured 'Bird Baths'  Charlotte has really been instrumental in motivating Katie 'to do' and cutting her off at the pass when she starts with the 'giving of excuses' or 'I can't do that'

She got here at 10am, awaking me, then I awakened Katie. I am afraid that I am turning into the 'zombie' I feared, when the Dr upped my Gabapentin doseage. Everything has shifted. Now, instead of being awake all the time, I'm asleep all the time.

When the phone is for me, Katie is always saying "well, he's asleep right now, can I take a message?"

I am living in a strange world of chunks of time: wake up, do something and go back to sleep. Upon awakening, I have to look at the calendar to see what day it is and then determine if it's morning or night.

I will remember that I did Sit and be Fit, and that was at 530am, on Friday morning. ..and I took my 6am meds...then back to sleep. I let Charlotte in at 10am....re-look at the calendar to make sure what day it is, and...

I have to make a list of what I want/need to do on that day. Today is Friday, Grocery Day. So, after Charlotte leaves, I will go to the store.

Geez, Louise,...I can hardly walk. Toes, legs, are numb and tingling like a beehive. My heels feel bruised, I may have to start sitting down to pee as standing still is not an option. My heels ache even while sitting.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #340 on: June 21, 2008, 11:05:57 am »
Ron
No offense hun but this does not sound right.  If you're losing track of time and so on......there is something wrong. Is this supposed to go away after a while since the dosage was recently upped?  I hope so. I would not put up with that.
Just saying
Joel

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2008, 03:24:36 pm »
Hey Ron
I'm with Joel on this one , maybe think about calling your doctor and give him or her an update on how you are feeling .
                        Take care buddy , Jeff
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »
I hope you get better soon. I hate to hear you are in so much pain.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2008, 12:39:27 am »
Thanks guys. My next Dr Appointment is on Thursday 26th.

The pain in my heel has gone away. For which I am very grateful, as for awhile there, the pain got so bad that I could envision myself taking to a wheelchair and competing with Katie for access through the doorways. The pain has  migrated to the back of my neck and along my left shoulder blade. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm lying down = sleeping.  The ever present numbness remains.

I was making the rounds of my Kingdom. It appears that the Trumpeter Vines have started to bloom. Yes, there are so many vines, that they have actually survived the brutal attack I have given them over the past month. Un-believable.

Then, I was pulling vines and weeds in the flower beds in the front yard and I noticed that the brown calico was nestled against the fence.

Kids were going by on skate boards being very loud. More came by on bikes. Then one of the neigbor ladies was walking her little dogie by. It was barking and carrying on.

Then it occurred to me that the calico had not moved through any of this activity and this was very unusual as he is a scaredy cat who runs at the sound of the door opening. I got concerned that he might not be well, so went out the gate and came round the corner, expecting him to take off running as he usually did whenever I approached. and....instead....I found THE BRAVE CAT....

It was a McDonalds sack...

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:51:43 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2008, 09:33:41 am »
LMAO too funny

Offline rondrond

« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2008, 02:40:09 am »
the Annual:  Changing of the Light Bulbs....

It seems like every year, all the light bulbs start to blow out. You go to turn on a light and..'click' and then 'poof' and then you are in darkness.

Sometimes the changing of the bulb is easy and painless. Such as a lamp, or the laundry room that doesn't have a cover.

then Home Depot had a sale......

Adding the ceiling fan lights. My bedroom has a shade that weighs at least ONE TON. Good grief. It is comparable to lifting weights at the gym.

After getting the bulb in you have to align the screw hole and get it just right and trying not to drop the whole ONE TON apparatus, keeping your balance, and desperately wishing to just get it threaded because after being threaded it's suddenly transformed into a piece of cake...."what's all the fuss about?"

Katie's room has a ceiling fan that looks like an alien space ship. It also has lights on the top and on the bottom. It is also heavy, but I only have to remove the glass, unless I feel lucky and carefully reach over and in slowly unscrewing the bulb and then screwing in the new bulb.

Currently it needs another bulb, but I haven't been motivated to get in there. I just bought a new pack of bulbs and it is already almost empty. These new and improved bulbs are not cheap. 7- 9 years for 7-9 dollars.

The Living room is a piece of cake as the bulbs are 'right there' and doesn't have 'some assembly required'

Same for the dining Room.

As you have probably noticed, it was quite a SALE at Home Depot one summer and I replaced all the light fixtures with ceiling fans in an attempt to lower the ELECTRIC BILL.

Keeping in mind the THEME: Keep Katie as Independent as possible, I made sure they all use a remote control. The remote control is very important as we have lost the "live remotes" to their 'growing up and moving out"

It will be interesting to see if these 'curly fry', '9 year', energy efficient bulbs actually are as advertised. Another attempt to lower the ELECTRIC BILL and to save me from the RITUAL of the yearly Changing of the Bulbs.

Today is Sunday. It says so on the computer, so it must be. I took my 6am meds. Then awoke at 3pm. Again at 530pm. Took 6pm meds. Dinner was chicken breast and rice with refried beans.

We watched the new TV series 'In Plain Sight' and some DVD she had got which I don't remember the title. Something like The Sword and the Stone, only it was a child Roman Emperor. ??

Getting ready for bed, Katie ran her wheelchair over the crossbar of the bedside toilet and I had to back the chair and pull and twist to get it unstuck...WITHOUT spilling the urine. Which, of course, I hit the control and made it start flashing so that it wouldn't work. Katie knows how to juggle the cord just right to make it work again. Still waiting on a new chair.

then she unplugged her audio cassette and I had to find the cord/plug out of twelve or more...I was bent over and nearly had an episode that is usually reserved for sitting on the toilet.....finally found the right plug....

Good news is that 'you're stepping on a nail in your heel' feeling has not come back. My right foot and leg are so numb sometimes that I can't tell if my foot is on the floor sometimes without looking. The top of my foot feels there is an ice cube on top of it. ...weird.

I've got my list going for the Dr on Thursday.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:12:31 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:58 am »
t will be interesting to see if these 'curly fry', '9 year', energy efficient bulbs actually are as advertised. Another attempt to lower the ELECTRIC BILL and to save me from the RITUAL of the yearly Changing of the Bulbs. ...quote Ron

There have been some very bad reports coming out about these "curly fry" light bulbs....as they use mercury and breakage is a BIG toxic mess. But hey...they last longer.
Personally I dont like them because they flicker like florescents do and make me crazy.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:12 am »
t will be interesting to see if these 'curly fry', '9 year', energy efficient bulbs actually are as advertised. Another attempt to lower the ELECTRIC BILL and to save me from the RITUAL of the yearly Changing of the Bulbs. ...quote Ron

There have been some very bad reports coming out about these "curly fry" light bulbs....as they use mercury and breakage is a BIG toxic mess. But hey...they last longer.
Personally I dont like them because they flicker like florescents do and make me crazy.

hmm. I'm also beginning to think that they don't like Katie's remote. She has called me in there three times stating that another bulb has burned out and I'm like.?? .. I just put it in and it's a 9 year bulb. Then, Magically, it will come on. I don't know what to do...If the green Earth campaign has their way, don't they say that the incadescent bulbs have equal bad reports?

Soon it will be lke leaded gas versus unleaded gas. For awhile you had both at the pump. Now , I've noticed the regular leaded is few and far between. And in a 'I'm old' memory fart, I remember us pulling up to the pumps and not getting out and these cute guys came running and were wiping all the windows and smiling at us through the glass, and a guy at the drivers window, asking "what'll it be?  regular or ethyl? " and Mom saying "fill it up with ethyl"...

While it was filling up, they would  'pop' the hood and check the oil and vital fluids while we would beg for chump change and go buy a TOMS snacks, usually a bag of peanuts or a peanut log, or a peanut patty.(they were round, red and sweet and full of peanuts)  And they had bathrooms, you didn't have to get a key for, and they were stocked with toilet paper and a mirror over a sink with running water, with a pull down linen towel to dry your hands...and you got ALL the above at gas cost .28 to .33 cents a gallon  :o
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:07:11 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2008, 02:54:24 pm »
Those curly light bulbs didnt work out for us. They kept blowing out. No clue why.

We got our electric bill the other day. They changed our energy charge from $0.15885 per killowat hours to $0.24616.
Our bill was an absurd $515.25.

Billy said they can kiss his ass he wont pay it. LOL

I'm certain he will be getting us a new service provider. I have never in my life had an electric bill for more than 200 bucks. 

Offline Robert

« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2008, 08:06:12 pm »
...and you got ALL the above at gas cost .28 to .33 cents a gallon  :o

and don't forget the free cokes.  They were always having promotions, fill it up and get a free six pack of cokes.

After getting the bulb in you have to align the screw hole and get it just right and trying not to drop the whole ONE TON apparatus, keeping your balance, and desperately wishing to just get it threaded because after being threaded it's suddenly transformed into a piece of cake...."what's all the fuss about?"

That's why I got the fans without the lights.  Over the last couple of years I've put in 5 ceiling fans, replacing the overhead lights.  Just fans.  No lights.  I just didn't want to spend my time farting around trying to replace those friggin' blulbs.  I figure the table lamps emit enough lights for what I need.

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.