Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:08:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Does it bother you to be single and poz  (Read 8394 times)

Offline southernfun

Does it bother you to be single and poz
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:14:22 pm »
I guess Im a hard headed soul because being poz and single doesnt bother me..I wish I had a special someone to share life and happy time with but after 7 yrs being poz it doesnt bother me any more...Ive overcome the fear of death and rejection from society and Im stronger from the experence..I will find that special person one day, but for now its just me and I dont have to explaine why I do something or anything else..How has being poz and dating changed your life?...Im very honest about my status and I find most are willing to except that, but just havent found the right one

Offline ademas

Re: Does it bother you to be single and poz
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 05:54:26 pm »
I stopped looking.
It bothers me sometimes, but I'm usually okay with it.
What is it that Zsa Zsa used to say?  It takes a helluva man to beat no man at all?  (Maybe it was Mae West.)
That's sort of how I feel about it.
You're kinda cute, though... ;D
xox

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:43 pm »
HEY ADEMAS!!  HOLD IT, I SAW HIM FIRST!!! :D :D

Now, on the issue...Well yes... It would be great to be with someone that understands this poz thing..... But still waiting for the one

Alex

Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:02:57 pm »
Although I have a partner, it has been a recent development. Until this last spring I was single for ten years. I really enjoyed my time to myself, and  do love living alone. After that much time, it has been difficult to make the adjustment to "married" life. I'm not talking about the sexual aspect of it either, rather all the little things you do when single that change with partnership. I had no trouble at all with the concept of going through my life without a partner, as much as I care about Norm, if it were to end tommorrow, I would be okay with it. So many people seem to be in relationships because they're afraid to be alone. There were times when medically speaking, It would have been nice to have someone there to help out, but there wasn't, and that was all there was to it. I treasure my independence, and my self-reliance. At this point, I have no idea when Norm and I will actually live together, but rest assured, I sure as Hell ain't rushing it....
                          Capt.Carl.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline joyluckclub

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:05:03 pm »
Yes!   Yes!

I bothers the hell out of me!  Before I knew I was poz, I was very self conscious of the fact that although I have been on dates and had a few near misses (possilbe relationship developing), I have never had a boyfriend.

People often ask me why I am not partnered or have never had a boyfriend.   I don't fucking know why!
I'm not shy, psychotic, clingy, mean, evil, arrogant, or picky (meaning I don't have a certain "type" I'm looking for......if its a man and I'm attracted......its all good.....black, white, asian, skinny, heavy, stocky, hispanic, muslim, christian, atheist....etc.....etc....).

Many people have told me I will find a boyfriend when I'm not looking.   Hmmmm.  Easier said than done.
Anyway....that is my story.

Corwyn

"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline Longislander

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 09:42:36 pm »
It bothered me to be single and NEG! I'm definitely a relationship person. I've been out for about 17 years, and 2 separate LTR's took up 12 of those. I know the difference. There is nothing like being in love, having that feeling reciprocated, and sharing your day to day life with someone special. I have plenty to do to keep me busy (when I want to ). Now is not the time for me to really worry about meeting the right guy. I can do everything I need to do as a single person, just the same. But I prefer not to.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:09:23 pm »
Deep within the depts of your heart, there is a desire and a need to have that special someone in your life.....balance.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:29 pm »
I had one but he decided that it was too much for him to handle...meh oh well......I've had better anyway.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline jazij1

• I have been + since 1987 & Im a pre-op Transsexual
    • my yahoo 360 profile page
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 10:41:02 pm »
Hey Yall ,

Fuck yah it eats me alive sometimes my situation is a lil different tho since im a ts I meet men all tha time then i have to go down well theres some things u need to know list.. LOL

I hate that fuckin list #1 Im a transsexual if they knew already or  they say they dont care then I move on to #2 Im HIV + then I always wait for that long uncomfortable silence till they respond or run... or both!!!

My mom told its best to find out now if there gonna run cause it'll hurt less then if u wait n tell them after u like them...

so far i havent gotten passed #2 on my list :-( ...but as Corwyn said u'll find it when ur not looking for it I CANT TELL LOL!!

Peace!
I've spent half my life tryin to get rid of my dick and the rest of my life tryin to get my hands on one!

Peace!

Jazi :-)

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 10:45:44 pm »
I was in a relationship for almost 14 years, and have been single now for almost 4yrs, during which I was diagnosed as positive. I believe it has made it more difficult for me to date, but I don't know if it is because of my issues with it, or theirs? I do believe I will find the right person again one of these days, but if not, I am happy anyway.

Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline southernfun

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 11:06:14 pm »
Again I guess Im a weird one...If I got to know someone and it developed into something serious I wouldnt care If they were poz,neg or both...lol...Love and true love doesnt see these things..Alot of people need to see with their hearts not their eyes because the eyes can play tricks on you..I was neg and was in a +/- relationship and I never gave it a second thought..No thats not how I became + That is an entirely differant chapter in my life..But true love doesnt see race,sex,status or obsticles..Its out there for ALL of us to find

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 12:08:37 am »
I guess I should put in my 2 cents. I do hate the fact of being alone, I am a relationship type person, I thrive when I'm in a good one. Am married but separated for over 6 yrs, he took off when he found out I was pos. Then I did have a younger bf, who I told that I was pos, but that ended for other reasons, and he got with a smut who is pos, who purposely goes out and infects people. I have since heard they broke up but am not sure if he knew her status but felt it was not my place to disclose it.

Though my track record with men is not the greatest, I have not given up on love, but prefers to have someone who is pos to be with. I have found it is too much drama to be involved with negs, just my opinion. I do believe love comes when you least expect it and one day my Prince will come.

Namaste,

Queen Akasha
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 12:52:33 am »
Sometimes. There are alot of things I miss when I am single. I guess I better get used to it cause here in rural NC my options are quite limited. Cristy

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 09:12:19 am »
[in part]:
...A lot of people need to see with their hearts not their eyes because the eyes can play tricks on you...

Within the subset of being poz...there's also the sub-subset of asymptomatic v. symptomatic.  Some who are asymptomatic have trouble understanding that someone who's symptomatic may not be able to go-go all day long due to energy level, for example.  Additionally in my case...with some wasting...it's off-putting to those poz but healthy...sometimes even in a friendship context. 

Nothin' I can do about that!  No one likes rejection...but I've learned to love myself and that is my foundation in trying to make peace with those things which I simply cannot change.  Being human...it's daunting to realize I may never have a date again...never have sex again (though I don't seek hookups.)  I make reasonable efforts but refuse to turn it into some intense daily quest. 

So I wish people could see others with their hearts and not just their eyes...but in our gay subculture...appearance has always been the driving factor.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline BooBoo

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 11:42:02 am »
I think that being single bothered me more when I was negative.  Having a disease like HIV kinda forces you to take a good look at your life and decide what's important and what's not.  And for me, being in a relationship is not a priorty in my life.  Would I like to have someone to share my life with???....sure....but I not going to freak out because I'm still single or be with someone just because I'm afraid of being alone.  I just know I'll meet that special someone someday....but until that day comes, I'll be here waiting patiently and living my life....because "I'd rather be alone than be in love just half the way" (Diamond Rio, "Completely")

Jim
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:53:03 am by BooBoo »

Offline Iggy

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 01:25:14 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:20:40 pm by Iggy »

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 02:07:41 pm »
Hi,
No it just doesn't bother me anymore. It did in the beginning, but after 16 years of being positive, it just seems easier to me not to try for a relationship anymore.
It seems like it's an awful lot of effort to meet someone, go through the "courting process" and then finally want to be with that person AND THEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DREADED DISCLOSURE :P.

dON'T GET ME WRONG, IT WOULD BE SIMPLY WONDERFUL TO BE ABLE TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH SOMEONE, BUT FOR NOW ALONE IS JUST EASIER AND COMFORTABLE FOR ME.

I've been w/o a relationship for 6 years. The person I was with before then already knew of my status and we got along fairly well, until...

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 04:39:47 am »
How has being poz and dating changed your life?...Im very honest about my status and I find most are willing to except that, but just havent found the right one.

Hi SF,

Currently I am in a relationship so maybe I should not post, but I will anyhow. ;)

Prior to my last long term relationship (10 years), I found dating a nightmare of insincerity and shallow people. Every time I found someone who could handle my reality and who seemed to have potential, something would go wrong, but completely unrelated to HIV.

After I split with my long term partner, I wanted nothing to do with dating or romance, period. I wanted my life to be all my own and wasn't prepared to face the dating minefield. So I avoided that for about three years. I was happy with just my friendships and having my life all to myself. Having those three years alone was good for me. It gave me a chance to re-evaluate my interests and examine who I was at that time. Eventually the longing for something more intimate returned and I began dating again.

What I found was that the same types of shallow and selfish people were still in abundance. Then I met the man I’ve been involved with now nearly three years.

Now we laugh about it, but when I first told him of my status and things began to get intimate he told me he “couldn’t handle this” and we stopped seeing each other. I was disappointed (tho not devastated) and told him I understood completely, because I did.

WELL! LOL A few months after that I would see him on the street occasionally and he would start dropping hints about wanting to be alone with me. Seems once he educated himself about HIV he had a change of heart.

All that to say, if you still believe the “right one” is out there for you then you are already halfway to finding each other. I believe if you are okay with being single first, then you’ll have something of value to bring to a relationship.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 09:40:03 am »
I've never been single and HIV+ since I got HIV from my current boyfriend. For the record, I was happy when I was single and I'm happy in a relationship. I think being HIV+ and single would be rough, especially for people not living in a major metropolitan area. However this forum demonstrates that there are a lot of quality people out there. If you are motivated and open to the possibilities I think there is someone out there for almost anyone.

Offline Beatz4me

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:33 am »
Being poz and single bothers me every so often. After all, who would want to get messed up in something this complicated ???

For the most part, I really don't know if I want to put someone through the low points of this virus. Being newly diagnosed, I think "me" time is crucial, however it would be nice to cuddle with someone and get a hug when times are hard.   :'(

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 06:50:21 pm »
An earlier poster brought up an important point, at least one I have experienced: what does someone mean by his being 'positive?'  Is he as 'healthy' as you or not?  One would think that this wouldn't matter, but since I have been positive for so long, there have been relationships in which, at first, we could do whatever things we felt like doing until his health gradually declined and the options became more and more restricted.   Then there are those relationships in which you or he has better cash flow and that often seems to create imbalances. 

What to do?  I think the best answer is to keep the door open, i.e. keep an ad. in the personals section because you never know, join organisations, hiv related or not, since shared interests can lead to meeting someone.  And acknowledge, as we all do, that it happens when it happens.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 09:26:47 pm »
I met someone at the AMG2006 and I couldn't be happier :)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 11:55:47 pm »
=) aww Dingo! Congrats love!

"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 02:11:07 am »
um, i think it narrows the field, well, if you only want a poz-poz relationship that is. if you don't mind poz-neg, well, that's a different story.

sometimes i wonder about heterosexuals in the dating pool - that pool must be pretty massive.. can you imagine the whole "hunt for love" thing they have to go through? easy to get lost in a big ocean don't you think?  ... just my guess  :-\
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:13:30 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline karljohn

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 09:02:29 pm »
     I am a good alone person, I like who I am and where I am in my life. I do miss the intimacy, and love that comes from a partner...but I also accept that it is possible I may remain alone for the rest of my days. I cannot bring myself to be intimate with anyone negative. I experienced that with my first relationship, when i was tested. There is the chance that I may have infected him, never had concrete evidence and he said it could have been the other way around. He passed away 6 years ago (the hole remains) and I wonder everyday if I had anything to do with it. I am upfront with people I meet but still refuse to be intimate with a non-infected. I was told onetime, that "I don't care about your status"..freaked me out...one should care about it. I would not want anyone else to go down this path.  Thats just my opinion.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 09:06:29 pm »
Matty the Damned is no longer concerned with finding a boyfriend. Partners are more trouble than they're worth, and as bitter experience has taught him, rarely worth the effort.

Rather, I now collect fuck buddies. I have spectacularly low standards when it comes to selecting sexual partners and thus I can always find something to shag.

MtD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 10:28:55 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 09:20:37 pm »
Well it was being -ve and single for so long that got me +ve.   Looking for that person who could fill the void I had for so long.   Work could not fill it.  Things did not fill it, But William did...  Unfortunately looking for Will got me in this unexpected mess..   I guess I was just tired at 38 years old living by myself and not being able to share on a 1 to 1 level with someone I loved.   I dont think we were put on the planet to live alone.   How you choose to fill that void (if you have one) can be done in so many differenet ways as everyone has pointed out.   I do not think I personally would have made it very far into my diagnosis without William being present.   There were to many times that I was going to call it quits..   

I know I am not single anymore, but I was..........
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:29:22 pm by Eric »

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 11:17:11 pm »
I was diagnosed around a year after I was married.  I was married for 12 years before my husband passed.  Now, here I am, hetero and single, with HIV.  I haven't gotten to the point yet of someone asking me for a date, but the thought of disclosure scares me. 

Do I want a relationship?  Prolly not, but it would be nice to have those physical needs taken care of. ;)

I find that I am at an age that if I were to look for a man to date, it would be one who has already been married and has child/ren, so I wouldn't have to worry about someone wanting to get married and have kids.

So, no marriage for me, and certainly no more children for me.  I was blessed with one beautiful, negative child... I don't want to try my luck again!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline belgium

• jean's blog
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 02:50:33 pm »
phew i guess i better count my blessings, my partner and me we celebrate our 18h aniversary this mont.
we went troughsome rough times when iturned poz almost 4 years ago, but we managed to pull trough
we are in calm and happy water now, and he's still neg!
if it isn't working, it must be windows

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 10:08:09 pm »
I, personally do not like being alone but I have grown to accept it. I have had a problem with disclosure since finding out I was poz. I have tried being with a neg person, that was pure drama. Like everyone else I miss the intimacy, I have been celebate for almost a year now but every now and again gets the urge for a good stiff one.

Recently, I have been thinking about my ex. What is bugging me is why? We did not end on the best of terms but he knew I was poz but we broke up for other reasons. Since the break up, he got with another poz person, not sure if he knew her status, but often caught her cheating on him. Then I had to ask myself if he would be co-infected, if that is the right term, would I want to deal with that. When I told him I was poz,he said he would be scared to find out. I don't know....Maybe it's just the lonliness setting in. I have been disgusted with past relationships, I know I am not really giving myself a chance. I did put an ad on here but to be honest I am scared to venture out. Suggestions? Advice?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 05:48:21 pm »
My basic philosophy is "If he isn't worth it, I don't want to waste my time on him." I had a recent lesson in "not everything that sparkles is gold," so I'm not wanting to jump back on the market any time soon. I do hope to find someone some day, but I'm happy just being alone right now. Now, ask me the same question in six months. LOL
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 05:49:22 am »
Some things I have learned?  Men (and women) respond the the pull of the full moon, so every month we get this urge for something and it doesn't have to pass a personality test.  The pull can also bring a tide of winks and nods and replies so you can go from drought to flood... and still end up dry at the end of the period (so to speak).  The change of the seasons, to Fall, from Summer, also has an effect.  Whereas 'they' were all around us all the time wearing little enough that it was easy to imagine, there are fewer and fewer out there, it seems, as the weather cools to cold.  I still don't know what is 'moving too fast.'  Sometimes it seems that I did it.  Sometimes I feel as though he did it.  Sometimes it seems as though we should start with emails and then perhaps phone and only after a certain period of getting a truer picture, actually meet 'at a public place.'  Sometimes I feel as though we can skip the getting a sense of and simply meet.  Bottom line, I do feel that the door or the window has to be kept open because otherwise he/she is not going to know that we are around. Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.