Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 351
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD #70:...AND THAT'S THE TEMP TODAY! *SPRING*  (Read 44484 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: LADIES THREAD #70:...AND THAT'S THE TEMP TODAY! *SPRING*
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »
Hey Peeps---

The apartment stuff is coming along. I bought my bedroom furniture and tv for the livingroom. I was going to go out and get some more things but it started raining. Tomorrow the weather is suppose to be better. I have stayed a few nights there sleeping on the floor. I am gonna stay at my friend's til Thursday when my furniture comes.

I am also excited, my son gets out today. I have been checking my email to see if my sister sent me anything. I am hoping it will be the first place he goes. I already sent her an email telling him to text me. I am happy he is out, I just hope he does the right thing. I definitely know how you are feeling, Betty.

Camms, I hope the dinner with the in-laws turns out good for you. You never met them before? I was wondering since you use to date your fiance back in the day, right? Anyhoo, I am sure everything will go just fine.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline camille07

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:00 am »
Hey Girls-

Today is supposed to be sunny and warm so it will be perfect ...perfect for  apartment stuff wink wink.    No more sleeping on the floor Queen.  Though, that's great that your friend had a place for you to stay instead of the shelter.

Dinner was really great.  It wasn't the first time meeting his dad.  We've gone out to dinner a few times with them.  When we were younger, I meant him once.  G was not close to dad (parents divorced) so we were always at his moms and step dads.

It's G's  birthday today so it's off to the market.  I'm going to attempt to make a double layer cake.  I'm a better baker than cook so I think I can pull this off.

On a completely different note, I was going through some of my earlier posts from about 2 years.  I just couldn't believe it.  I can't believe some of the drama in my life.   Or the darker periods that seemed liked they lasted forever. I'm so glad to have visual reminders of how far I've come and came out of some tough times.

Anyway, here's to bright futures for everyone.  Have a great day!

Camms

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »
Good Evening All---

I know it is rare for me to post in the evening but I finally went out and got the things I needed. I did look at some livingroom furniture. I didn't see anything I liked so I am going to hold off on that. Also, the carpet in the livingroom needs to be shampooed before I put anything in there.

The weather today was in the mid 80's but it felt like the 90's. It sapped all the energy out of me. All I wanted to drink was water. I think I may have dehydrated myself drinking ice tea. I am hooked on Lipton Green Tea and Snapple Lemon Tea. Once I got to my place all I could do was just lay on the floor for about 20 minutes til I cooled off.

LOL@Camms.....Girl, that floor was killing my back and I couldn't get any real sleep. I can't wait to get my bed. I already bought fluffy pillows and stuff for it. I am glad dinner went well.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2010, 09:50:16 pm »
Hi Ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

BT- Sorry to hear about what your daughter and grand-daughter are going thru.  I hope she is right and it is a mother state.  No matter if his family has money or not, she should get a fair chance.  Hopefully, she has documentation on what has happened in the past.

Queen- I am so happy to hear that you are in your new place and really, really happy to hear about your son being out.  That is such good news!!

Cin- So sorry to hear about Cheech.  You were very lucky to have each other.

Camille- Hope the cake went well.  Sounds like things are going great for you, I am very happy for you.  How is your doggy doing?

Holly- Good luck with your business, hopefully when the economy picks up so will your orders.

I have been crazy busy.  Our P.T.O. is having a carnival next Friday so I have been doing a lot of running for that.
 My oldest started basketball.
 We finally finished the boys room and got them in it. 
I am hoping that I am going to get hired by my kids school part time as a data clerk.  The person they hired can't even type and hardly knows how to turn on the computer. 
There are only a couple of weeks before the kids get out of school, this year just flew by.
 I am hoping to to be able to keep the little one back a year because they have all been struggling.
 My oldest got accepted in a really good middle school around here.  I feel extremely lucky. I hadn't heard anything good about the school he would have had to go into if he didn't.  The best part is it is 6th thu 12th so he can stay with the same kids till he graduates.
I think that is about it, except that I just heard the other night that shitbag got another girl pregnant.  I know her mother was told about his being poz and having hep c but I guess she is hitting the bottle and the pipe and didn't bother telling the daughter.

I hope everyone is staying cool. It is way to hot for me right now, I can't imagine how this summer is going to be.

Have a good night!!
Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 04:49:39 am »
Queen, I hope you have fun getting the stuff for your apartment.  It must be exciting!  I hope you're able to get everything you want.  I hope your son does the right thing also, and I know exactly how you feel about that.  It can zap out a lot of energy, worrying about our kids. 

Camms, how'd the cake come out?  That's cool that you went back over your old posts, and could see how things really do seem to pass.  I don't remember that when they're happening, then when they're over, sometimes I forget about them.  Good idea.

Snow, damn girl, good to hear from you!  Time did go by fast this past year, didn't it?  I so hope you get that job!  Please keep us updated. 

It's been hot here also.  Monday it was 86, yesterday 84.  But the humidity is so high, it feels like it's almost 100.  I don't know if that means the summer will be sizzling or not; the weather around here is so unpredictable, that it can be hot one minute, and cool the next. 

On another note, where I live, in Indiana, they have a state-wide "quit line," (for tobacco).  And I heard they give away two weeks worth of nicotine patches, or gum or lozenges.  I like nicotine patches myself.  That's the way I quit for like 7 months before.  Anyway, I called them, and now have the nicotine patches sitting on my kitchen table.  I did pick a quit date of 05/28, but realized it's going to be pretty hard to quit on a holiday weekend (not like I have big plans or anything).  So, I'm going to change the date to 06/01.  Even though I only smoke 8 cigarettes a day at the most, I have the nagging cough again, and to tell the truth, cigarettes are getting too expensive.  I smoke Basics, so it's like it's kind of an off brand, and they cost $6.07/pack.  I realize the bigger cities, like Chicago, are more expensive, but I'm getting tired of spending my money on them.  So, I'm going to give it another go.  It seems like I've quit so many times before, that I should have gotten it by now.  So, keep your fingers crossed that it will work.  I'm not judgemental of anyone else who smokes, so I'm not going to be one of those pesky "reformed" smokers, who goes around expecting everyone else to quit.  Those people always made me want to kick their asses, and I don't want to bother anyone else like that.        Alright, I think that's it for now.  I haven't talked to my daughter in a couple days, and hope everything's going alright.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline camille07

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:49 am »
Good morning all-

Bt-  Don't get discouraged.  You'll get there.  You are a tough woman and I have no doubt you can quit.  I totally relate to angst with judgmental folks.  I'm an ex smoker.  I smoked a pack a day from age 24 to 34.  When I drank it would be even more.  I know how hard it is to quit...really hard.   I can't imagine an ex smoker not feeling the compassion.  I go nuts over judgemental people in general.  When you were looking for a job and ran into a problem because of your tats & past, I was seething.  Anyway, I'll step off the box now.

Snow-  Jada is doing great.  She loves life and is so sweet.  I'm taking her to one of my clients today.  She lives on a resevoir.  The woman owns a mastiff that's Jada's buddy.  The two really live it up in the woods and then go swimming.  Sometimes she'll chase deer which is amazing for a dane.  She's very fast and agile.  You sound like things are going well and keeping you busy.  Congrats on your son getting into the exceptional middle school.

Queen-  It's supposed to get to 90 to today so drink lots of water.  Oh yeah, I slept on the floor about a year ago and my hips, back shoulder felt like I got hit by a truck.  There's no way I could stand it with two herniated discs.  My arm would be numb and my neck would feel like a sore, tight knot.

Anyway, have to run before it gets to hot. 

hugs,

Camms

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:18 am »
Bt- I am a smoker too!  And I really want to quit too!  I had quit recently but it was tough.  First I tried hypnotherapy and it worked for about a week and a half, still better than I could do all on my own.  Then I stumbled across a video on youtube of a woman dying of lung cancer and that scared the daylights outta me.  I was doing really well and then my husband had a fainting episode...scariest thing in my life!  I thought he had a heart attack in the bathroom and me and the kids were freaking out.  I almost called 911 but he came too before I could find my phone, I must have ran past my phone 5 times and didn't see the bright green thing sitting there.  After that I started smoking again, it had been a few months without them.  Then my life just snowballed after that....pregnancy, tested poz, miscarried, new doctors....all within a weeks time.  I am smoking a pack a day now  :o

I have allergic reactions to the patch so I can't use them.  The gum tastes like butt to me so that's out.  My poor lungs are crying out for mercy and still I puff away on these little white demons.  I wish you the best of luck and maybe I'll join you and kick them myself.  :)

To everyone else- I'm new to the forum and I'm going to try not to be a sporatic poster.  I'm still trying to get to know who everyone is so I don't say something dumb.  My story is in the I Just Tested Poz section. 

A little info on me....34 and married since '99.  I have a son from a previous marriage and two daughters from this one.  I stay home with my girls and homeschool them.  I don't have many local friends but I have the most fabulous online friends.  I love to bake and get baked.  :D  Getting baked and then baking is fun too!

HippieLady...aka Kat
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline camille07

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:59 am »
Hey Kat-

Welcome to the forum.  I read your story...wow.  I 'm so glad  to hear that everything has worked out for you, regarding your family.

Not much going on today.  I had Pt yesterday and it worked out much better.  I felt pretty good after wards.  I slept on the couch last night because it was so darn hot.  We haven't put the units in the windows yet.  It was about 94 degrees here (nj) yesterday. Being stuck between my great dane and G on the bed was not a good setup.  This morning my left arm is giving me some trouble.  It's really stiff and feels an alien arm.  The p therapist gave me strengthening exercises which I will start this morning.

Hope you all have a great day.

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »
Kat, welcome to our ladie's family.  The ladies here are a great bunch, which you'll find out as you continue to post.  Quitting smoking is hard, damn hard.  Harder than anything I've quit before.  But, I have the nagging cough, and it costs too much money, so I've got my motivation.  I don't preach to anything about quitting, or try to make people feel guilty.  That's just not good.  Anyway, good to have you with us!

Camms, geez, get those air conditioners in the windows!  94 is way too hot for no air.  When I think back on my childhood, we never, ever had air.  I don't know how I survived without melting, but I do remember laying in front of fans.  One summer, when it was really humid, I got the crabs.  I remember laying in bed, and itching, and thinking it was because of the heat/humidity.  Boy, did I get a surprise! 

It's pretty nice here right now, at 75.  Earlier it was in the 80's, and humid.  Other than that, I'm off work until Tuesday.  And I have nothing planned.  Monday I'm going to try to get to my granddaughter's softball game.  Saturday the Salvation Army is having dollar days, so I'm going to try to check that out also.  I had a craving for a Whopper earlier, but restrained myself.         I hope you all have a good Thursday night, and Friday!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline camille07

« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2010, 09:34:22 am »
Morning Ladies-

BT-  ha ha crabs, those nasty creatures.  Funny how they look like real crabs.  It was a case of bronchitis that actually made me quit.  I have asthma and my old house really brought it out.  So I was using my rescue every 5 minutes.  I tried to quit a thousand times before but this time it was as though I was being forced to quit.

Not much happening today.  I have invites that need to be finished.  I have client work this afternoon.  This morning I'm heading over to a clients (I'll bring Jada to play with her Mastiff).  to pick up some work then meet a  friend for lunch. Its one of my favorite places.  Its right on water falls and is very cheap. 

It's cooled down quite a bit.  We had some major storms pass through last night so its quite enjoyable..

Hope you have a great friday.

Offline camille07

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2010, 01:49:26 pm »
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

As the wedding is gearing up we're trying to get out the invites and work on the wedding favors.  It's going to be a small garden wedding so I decided to make small gift boxes with a garden theme.  I going to decoupage the boxes with different garden items like dragonflies and bees.  I haven't done it since I was a kid but I'm gonna give it a shot tonight.  It it  looks like crap then I'll have to come up with something else.

So where is everybody?  How's the apartment Queen?  Cindy, what's happening Mrs. Ice?  Betty, Snow and any other ladies how are you on this cloudy, but cheery day.

Not much more than that.  We're making burgers on the hibachi for dinner.  Considering I'm starving now I might have to move these plans to the lunch menu.

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2010, 06:15:34 pm »
Hey all,

Camms sounds like you're going to be very busy with your plans.  Those burgers sound good!

Today the Salvation Army was having dollar day.  All clothing was $1.  I found some cute jeans-Levi's and Harley Davidson, and a few tops.  Goodwill was having 50% off day, so I looked for something for the new grandbaby.  I found some jeans that are too big for her now, but she'll fit into them eventually. I had to get them because they're Baby Phat.  They are so cute.  I also went to Burger King. I got a jr whopper, onion rings and a large Diet Coke.  When I got home, I was trying to unlock the door, and the soda slipped out of my hands and went all over the porch.  I think the neighbors down the block could hear me cussing.  Other than that, it's sunny and hot, at 86, with plenty of humidity.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to my sister's for dinner.  Monday a friend of mine is planning a cookout, but it's supposed to rain.  I guess if it does, we'll probably move it indoors.  He's a great host(ess) (my best gay friend), so I expect good eats.  I hope everyone's doing well! Have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »
HI GF"S Sorry Ihaven't felt much like posting here, I am doing fine though. Everyone is fine here at home. kids out of school and m ade the honor roll!!!
I am still waiting on my divorce, ran into a snag, can't find the N----- to serve him! wtf!!!
they went to his job,"he never came back after vacation" so now my lawyer will have to post it in the local newspaper and then I just have to wait. hopefully it won't be more than a month.
I am so happy to here everyone seems to be doing well, you all are always in my prayers.
Lucy is 9 months now and very very spoiled!

Queen so happy for you, you cam ex-hale now!!!
Camms - congrats , when is the wedding!!!!
Betty- sorry you are still hurting and going through stuff with your daughter, I am praying you get to see your grandbaby, but glad  your daughter didn't get hurt in her situation, you know we know what thats like!!
Snow glad to kids are well and yourself, as for that man- I your ex- I would have him reported!!!
Welcome to all the new members and all those that have been away.

Praying for Min and her mom. I hope she will share with us again. I wll pm her soon .Everyone have a nice wewekend! My weekend has been super busy , with my grandbabies birthday party and my other grands concerts, church revival etc. I am tired now and just resting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:28:12 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2010, 12:33:01 pm »
Hi GFs~

Welcome back Camms and welcome to Kat!  Camms, congrats on the upcoming marriage!  Woo-hoo!!!

I hope Mum and Mini are OK, I've been thinking about them.  I think its Wendy's birthday right about now but she hasn't been on here in forever.  She was funny in these forums, I hope she is doing well, too.

BT~  Glad the cortisone helped some.  My mother is just starting PT but not on the injured leg.  I guess she'll get a full knee repl in the fall perhaps.

Does anyone know about applying for disability?  Mom doesn't qualify for SSI or SSDI, so I'm thinking the next step is Medicare?  She's not 65 yet, but the doc has declared her disabled for at least a year or more.  I have been trying to help my father with phone calls, but we keep going in circles.  ???  Medicare's recording says to start with SS?  Do you need a "formal" denial from SS first, or......?

Queen~  Congrats on the apt!  At last!  I felt so bad when things turned upside down for you, but I knew you would keep on trying!  I am thrilled for you!

Hello to Netta and Snow and all of my other GFs here, sorry its been so long.

I still feel like I've been kicked in the stomach most mornings when I wake up.  I wake up and realize Cheech isn't here.  I couldn't have asked for more from that little guy, and thanks to Ice, we have tons of videos of Cheech during his retirement, lol.  It just hurts having him gone so fast.  One night he's fine, the next morning within three hours, he's gone.  It was very quick, but he didn't suffer.  That dog never suffered.  Sigh.

OK, so 8 of us at work weighed in on 5/17 for the Biggest Loser.  On 5/24, I was the winner of Week #1 with 2.75% lost.  The next closest was 1.70%, so I did really good.  We weigh in again tomorrow, 6/1.  I worked out 2x already today, doing weight training, and then going on the treadmill for 20mins.  You wouldn't believe how much my eating habits have changed.  I have virtually cut out Diet Coke and I don't crave my sweets as much.  I eat rabbit food all of the time and keep a food diary.  I count carbs, calories, fat protein and fiber at every meal.  I am kicking some serious ass over here!

Ice is very supportive and is doing this along with me.  We have walked 3 miles in an hour 2x already!

I am building muscle but I can't lose this gut.  The contest goes until early August.  The best thing is, I used to take about 40-50 units of Humalog insulin a day and now I take about 3-10 units a day.  The exercise has raised my metabolism so much that I hardly need any insulin on the days I work out.  Its scary, but exciting.  My A1C was a horrible 8.3 at the end of April.  I may go again in 2 weeks for a recheck on the labs before I see my diabetic doc, just to show him the difference.

This is all very hard work and takes a lot of willpower, but I do fit into my capris that I couldn't zip up 2 weeks ago!  Yay for progress!  

Love and miss all of you bunches!

~ Cindy  :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:36:43 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2010, 01:42:13 pm »
Wow, Cindy, that's an amazing change in your insulin intake. Good for you! I need to exercise more (my diet is ok) but I'm just too damn lazy, so kudos to you!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2010, 04:05:51 pm »
Hey Ladies---

I hope everyone is doing fine. It's so good to hear from you Cindy. I need to get off my ass and tone up. I have changed my diet a lot too. And I have stopped drinking Pepsi. Just doiing that alone took a lil weight off of me. But I still need to go to the gym.

Netta, girl, no he didn't pull a fast one. Just a sign letting you know his ass is getting high again. That's how I see it. I hope you can get your divorce.

Kat--welcome to the forums. It's a great bunch of ladies here.

I am loving my apartment. And I am really exhaling now. I am leaving though tomorrow to go back home so I can see my son. He has been calling me since he got out. And from talking to him, I think he has been listening to me. I wired him some money so he could buy some clothes. He has already been out on job interviews. I am excited about seeing him, my sister, and my bff. But I will still be checking in here.

Well, I have to run. I still have last minute things to do.

modified to add: Sheesh, I had to modify just to do that damn compatibility view.  But also to say that someone needs to start a new thread so Goddess Ann can lock this one. And I am assuming that airports have wi-fi? I haven't been on a plane in ages so I really am clueless. And a little nervous, NY airports have been on red alert since catching that terrorist at JFK.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:29:48 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2010, 05:09:20 am »
New thread has been started. Please post in thread #71!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.