Main Forums > Living With HIV

downside to outliving people

<< < (2/2)

Mindless:
Hugs, Mike 🙏🏻

numbersguy82:

--- Quote from: leatherman on May 01, 2024, 04:10:22 pm ---Waking up today, blearily-eyed I glanced at my tablet on the nightstand. Like every year before, there was a calendar notice Ė the anniversary of Jimís death. My stupid brain decided it was awake enough to do some math figuring up how long itís been since that fateful day in 2008.

Sixteen years. OMG It was sixteen years after Randyís death when I started dating Larry and I couldn't believe how long Randy had been gone. Now I almost couldnít believe it's been that long since I lost Jim. Then I calculated some more and realized later this month on the 25th itíll be 30 years since Randy passed away.

While I certainly donít mind being a Long Term Survivor (40 yrs this December!), thereís a downside to outliving the people I love Ė sadness. While I handle it pretty well most of the time, I sure hate the way it can sneak up on you when you're least expecting it.

So today I looked through all the old pictures, remembered all the good times (especially all the pool parties), and then went out to drain and clean the pool up after winter, so I can start filling it up tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

Sorry for your loss. But I see you are keeping his memory alive with all the pool time nowadays 😅

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version