Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:55:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The International Carnival of Pozitivities  (Read 7483 times)

Offline tuggem

• Ron Hudson, same body, new face
    • 2sides2ron
The International Carnival of Pozitivities
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:29:54 pm »
My name is Ron Hudson, a 20+ year survivor of HIV/AIDS from North Carolina and a blogger who writes about my experiences with the disease.  I have just initiated a new blog carnival for people living with HIV/AIDS around the world at www.internationalcarnivalofpozitivities.blogspot.com.  I would like to request submissions of your blog entries for this blog carnival, volunteers for hosting future editions and dissemination of information about this fledgling effort.  Details of this Carnival can be found at the aforementioned link.

For those unfamiliar with blog carnivals, think of a roaming magazine.  A person volunteers to host an edition of the carnival and then people send in blog entries from their own weblogs to that host.  The host then writes a sort of article that summarizes all of the various submissions and then posts it on his or her personal blog.

The benefit to the host and to the submitters is that there is an increase in traffic to their sites and they earn a lot about presenting information in their blogs.  You also learn about the topic of the carnival by reading and summarizing all of the entries for your edition.

If you would like to see examples, I just hosted the Tar Heel Tavern, a blog carnival for writers from or who write about North Carolina, and the Carnival of Bent Attractions for LGBTQ people.  You can find these carnivals at http://ronhudson.blogspot.com/2006/06/68th-edition-of-tar-heel-tavern_11.html and http://ronhudson.blogspot.com/2006/06/seventh-edition-of-carnival-of-bent.html, respectively.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  i will be hosting the first edition of this new carnival in July at my own website, 2sides2ron.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:00:24 pm by tuggem »
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Poz since 08/25/1985 or earlier

Safe journeys!

Ce fut une belle aventure...

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: First Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 04:30:04 pm »
Can you stop spamming all the forums.... it won't get you hero status

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:12:48 pm »
Sorry Dingoboi..I am new to this forum.  I had no intent of spamming.  I assumed that since these were different folders that there would be different audiences and therefore I needed to post in each.  There will be no other posts.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Safe journeys!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:15:08 pm »
Don't sweat it Ron. The Dingo is all bark, babe. ;) I had a look at your stuff. I'm giving it some thought.

Regards,

MtD

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »
Thanks to those who have been helpful...I am having a bit of difficulty navigating here...often can't find the "reply" button.  Sorry to be a newbie, but it you are never a newbie, you never get to be anything at all.
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 08:20:04 pm »
Ron,

In the top left hand corner of the page there's a button marked 'help' which will explain how the mechanics of our shiny new forums software work.

Regards,

MtD

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 10:14:30 pm »
Thanks, Matty.  Kind of you to help me out.  I am sure I will get lost again, but I have an idea now of what I am dealing with.  I do hope you will consider participating in the Carnival.  I think it could be an excellent international forum for us.

Take good care.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35:13 am »
Ron,

Unlike the Dingo I can spell and link one or more thoughts together into a coherent argument. With that in mind, I've submitted an article to your blog carnival.

May we be published on the 10th.

MtD

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 02:34:36 pm »
Hey Matty,

Unless there is a rush of submissions at deadline, I will likely have the first edition published earlier than on the 10th, but I will let you know by email.  Thanks so much for your support.  It is always difficult to build enough steam to overcome the inertia of a  new endeavor.   At least you and I will be represented and for that I am grateful!  I hope others will consider contributing too...this can be fun, educational and rewarding.

Take good care.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 05:34:38 pm »
bite me matty

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 11:18:22 am »
hi folks,

I just want to do two things here today: 

1) Remind everyone that the deadline for submissions of your blog posts about living with HIV to the International Carnival of Pozitivities is July 2.  International Carnival of Pozitivities

2) I have been revamping my own blog and have added categories that will allow you to read just my poetry or just my posts relating to HIV/AIDS or both.  This is a work in progress as I have to tag all my posts, but if you want to start visiting, you can expect to find the first 3 months of my blog listed in the category section of my sidebar. 2sides2ron

One of this esteemed group of forum members has submitted a post for the blog carnival to be published in July. I hope that others will be comfortable participating as well.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 08:35:51 pm »
Until Ron posted here I had no idea that there were such things as Blog Carnivals. I've checked out the site and there are Carnivals on just about every conceivable topic. I think it's a great way for bloggers to share their work and hopefully attract new readers.

MtD

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 06:03:42 pm »
Hi folks,

The first edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities is available here.  Please grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage and sit a while.   Thanks to those of you who participated.  I hope you all find it interesting and inspiring.  The second edition will be accepting submissions until August 2 at midnight EDT(US).

Safe Journeys.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 07:50:47 pm »
Hehehehe, I'm a carnival attraction!

Great work Ron, thank you so much for your efforts in coordinating this. All the articles are fabulous.

Fond regards,

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 12:16:30 am »
Matty, you have always been an attraction. In addition, you are now a midway festivity!

Talk about adding new definitions to the Tilt-a-Whirl!

HUGS,

Mark

Who is still dizzy.

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 07:43:35 am »
Hey folks.

Thanks, Matty...I had fun reading the articles and putting together the summary.  I hope that this little birdie will take wing now and fly...bringing our Poz messages to the masses...ya never know, huh?

How does it feel to have been the absolute first ever participant to submit an article to this carnival?

Safe journeys.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 01:11:53 am »
Now we need submissions for the Second Edition of the Carnival.  If you blog about HIV/AIDS or know someone who does, please visit or have them visit the carnival homepage to submit articles or to volunteer as host for an upcoming editon.

Thanks, folks.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 10:28:56 am »
Just a reminder:  the deadline for submissions for the second edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities is 2 August at midnight EDT(US) with publication to be posted by 10 Aug.  If you blog and have a posting that is pertinent to the HIV/AIDS community, please consider visiting the homepage and clicking on the submit button  to submit your Permalink URL for inclusion.  The ICP is the first and only blog carnival for our community and is in its infancy. Your participation would be gratefully appreciated and might help the ICP to grow past its fledgling state.

Thank you for reading.

Ron Hudson
2sides2ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
Second Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 01:05:03 am »
The Second edition of the ICP is available at AIDS Combat Zone.  Please visit the International Carnival of Pozitivities Second Edition and let me know how we can make it more pertinent to your lives.

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
The Third Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities www.internationalcarnivalofpozitivities.blogspot.com is now accepting submissions.  The deadline for participation is 2 Sep 2006 at midnight US Eastern time.  If you blog, please consider submitting a post about your life with HIV to the carnival.

There seems to be a problem with the coding on the site today.  I can not use apostrophes nor backslashes and the hyperlink code is not working properly.  Sorry for the weird and long hyperlink.

Safe Journeys!

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 10:59:11 pm »
The third edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities is up and available at aids-write.org.  This link, icpoz.three , will take you directly to the third edition.  Please feel free to leave comments for the host, Richard Kearns, on his own site, or for the individual contributors on their sites.  Welcome to Moffie who contributed this month.

I hope you enjoy the carnival and that you find it inspiring, insightful and helpful.  Either way, your feedback will be appreciated.

Safe Journeys.

Ron Hudson aka Tuggem
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
Re: The International Carnival of Pozitivities
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 08:13:24 am »
The Fourth Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP) is now accepting submissions.  The deadline for participation is 2 Oct 2006 at midnight US Eastern time.  Our host this month is Texas AIDS Blog. If you blog, please consider submitting a post about your life with HIV via the submission form on the homepage of the ICP.

Safe Journeys!

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 08:02:34 am »
Reminder:  tomorrow night is the deadline for the International Carnival of Pozitivities, Edition 4 at Texas AIDS Blog.  Please consider participation.

Take good care and safe journeys!

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »
Hi everyone!

I am late with this announcement, but wanted to let you know that the 4th edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP) is available at the Texas AIDS Blog.

I am seeking hosts for future editions and submissions from anyone who blogs about HIV/AIDS.  Please visit the ICP homepage for details on hosting and submitting to the carnival.  Through efforts to share our stories, we can help demystify this illness and destroy some of the myths and misinformation in public perception of HIV/AIDS.  Please join me in this effort.
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 09:36:11 pm »
I am taking your submissions for the 5th edition of the ICP.  It will be hosted this month on our first high-traffic mainstream blog, A Blog Around the Clock.  I see this an an evolutionary step for the ICP in that it will expose readers who are not usually impacted by HIV/AIDS to our stories.

If you wish to contribute, please visit the homepage for the ICP and use the submit button to access the submission form.  Otherwise, you can simply email me the url permalink for your post and I will handle the details for you.  You can write me at ron DOT hudson AT verizon DOT net.

Deadline for submissions is 2 November 2006.  Please join us.

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
Re: The International Carnival of Pozitivities--ICP-5 is Up
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 11:32:23 am »
The 5th edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities is up at ICP-5

We have 23 posts this month,including news from Kenya, Botswana, Japan and the West.  Please drop by, have a cup of java and read what our participants have put together to help raise awareness of HIV/AIDS.

Our next edition will be hosted at my own blog, 2sides2ron.  Deadline for submissions is 2 December 2006 with publication by the 10th of the month.  Please consider writing about your experiences with HIV/AIDS and joining the ICP.

Safe Journeys!

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 09:28:35 am »
Hi folks!

It is time to call for submissions to the ICP-6, the sixth edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP).  The deadline for submissions is 2 December.  The carnival will be hosted on my own personal blog, 2sides2ron with a suggested theme of World AIDS Day.

If you have written or would like to pen something about HIV/AIDS to share with the world, please consider a submission to the ICP.  You can visit the homepage of the ICP and read about the goals of the project.  You can access the first 5 editions via the links provided there.  If you would like to submit an article, the details on how to do so are located there as well.  I am also seeking future hosts.

World AIDS Day is an excellent time to start blogging about HIV/AIDS.  Your honest, open, genuine voices can help us fight stigma in the world and by reducing stigma, we can reduce fear and shame.  If you want, you can blog anonymously, and I will be happy to post your articles on my own personal blog for linking to the ICP.  Just drop me a note and let me know of your intentions.

I hope to hear from you.

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline NightmareHall

• Out for a Sunday drive to Zeta Reticuli
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 10:04:17 am »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:02:00 am by NightmareHall »

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 09:50:59 am »
Hi Ray!

I am glad to see you here too.  Your participation in the ICP has been greatly appreciated and I find much that you have to say fits my situation very closely.  I think it is important for us to share our experiences in a forum such as this or the ICP because it seems otherwise that we are led to believe that we might be alone with our list of side-effects and issues with HIV/AIDS.  Reading your words has been strangely comforting to me...I know that I am not alone at all, and need to raise issues again with my doctor that we had shelved with a shrug.

Take good care, my friend.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
Re: The International Carnival of Pozitivities: World AIDS Day Edition 6
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 05:16:42 pm »
Please visit the The World AIDS Day edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities and be sure to leave comments for the authors so that we know you are visiting the sites.

This issue includes articles about Armenia, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and the United States. Please leave comments for the writers so that they know you have visited.

Take good care.

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
Re: The International Carnival of Pozitivities--Edition 8
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 12:00:53 pm »
The 8th edition of the Internatioanal Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP) is now available.  Please have a look and leave your feedback for me and the others who have consented to participate.

Take care,

Ron Hudson
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 12:03:15 pm »
Sorry...make that International, not Internatioanal....although I do try to be as anal as possible about editing this carnival.
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 11:56:00 am »
The Ninth Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP) has been posted at Creampuff Revolution, my friend Roro's blog from Canada. This marks the first time that the ICP has been hosted on a site outside of the United States, meeting one of my goals on founding the ICP in June, 2006.

Roro's introduction includes a recap of an episode of Designing Women, a situation comedy that ran in the United States for years starting in the 1980s. I think I had blocked out my memory of that episode in 1987. I had just lost my first close friend to AIDS in April of that year, and had been living with the disease myself for a mere year and a half or so. I think the episode touched a few too many nerves for me back then, and reading about it now brought me to tears.

After I regained my composure, I read through Roro's excellent summary of the ICP and then went for another cup of java and to let my dogs outside for a pee. When I walked outside, Canadian geese were flying in to land in the open lot behind my house . I have always found the sound of their songs to be melancholic, especially after having learned that they mate for life and when one of the pair dies or is killed, the other goose or gander will live a life of solitude. Their honking, this morning, reminded me of the sobs of my friends or their lovers who mourned their partners lost to AIDS over so many years of my life. The cries of the geese also reminded me of love and compassion and of the committment that Roro made to compile this first truly international edition of the ICP. It gave me a reason to release some of the anxiety and stress and fear and anger that builds up within me as I continue to live with HIV/AIDS. I had a good cathartic cry for a few minutes before coming back here to announce this edition of the ICP.

Please visit Roro's site and those of the many contributors in this month's edition. We have personal accounts from people, who, like me, are living with HIV/AIDS. We have poetry. We have videos. I have to admit that I dropped the ball and forgot to acknowledge a couple of the post's grant of permission, so those posts will be added today. If you have already visited and didn't see the entries from Visual AIDS, please come back after today to read and watch their videos.

I would recommend that you bookmark this edition and come back to it if you do not have time to read all of it today. It is very powerful and beautifully written by all of the participants. With your help spreading the word, we might actually see some progress in ending the stigma of HIV/AIDS and get on with preventing new infections.

Safe Journeys!
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.