Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:48:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 487
Total: 488

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I feel so lonley  (Read 6276 times)

Offline worried100

I feel so lonley
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:51 am »
I am in a long distance relationship with the person who gave me HIV. When i found out we got married but i have tried to help him everyway possible to cope by himself financially but he cant keep anything going long enough. I go out and see him twice a year and when i do we get on really well. He is my best friend. I just dont think the relationship is going to work. I know if i end it i will lose my best friend too :'(

I think i am partly scared as i dont want to be alone, i had trouble finding partners before i was positive but now i have 2 things against me.

I am carrying this heavy burden around with me. Only mum knows i have HIV  and i have to keep up this happy go lucky attitude with everyone thinking everything is fine in my life and what do i have to be down about.

Also husbands CD4 count is rising which is good but if i leave him who would take care of him food wise. (The meds in the carribean are free). There are not alot of jobs ot there, all of my family are unemployed. I know if i left him he would go back to hustling and therefore get into trouble etc.

I dont know why i feel a need to take care of him as he gave it to me after i asked him to have a test, i dont belive he gave it to me intentionally. The advisor asked him to come in and get his results and he wouldnt go, the advisor told him everything would be alright and he took this to mean he was negative. He wasnt. I do take responsibility for my part in being too trusting which i very unusual for me in the first place.

I live in a little town in the uk about an hours train drive to london. I work late and the meets that they have in London are in the weekdays so i cant get to them.

I hate my job and i am really down on life. I do appreciate being alive though and being physically ok so i know i have alot to be grateful for but i just dont know what to do for the best :'(

Love
Worried xxxx
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:53:22 am by worried100 »

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
Re: I feel so lonley
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:57:29 am »
sometimes you have to do whats best for you and your life not what is best for everyone else.  Until when you take the challenges of life and have trials and errors that is the way you can learn and move forward.  Your boyfriend is an adult and he can deal with his life as he please. if he gets into trouble that's his own lookout, Do not hold on to a relation that is not working because you think you owe it to him you can loose him as a boyfriend but you can remain friends, although i am not advocating for you to break up, from the sound of your thread i think you need a bit of space in order to find yourself. Relationships are difficult with or without hiv but life still goes on. i think you are dealing with a lot of things at the same time, first address the issues that you have control over like your job and where you live, maybe consider relocating to other parts of UK where you have potential of meeting other people in the same situation. there is more to life than being in unhappy relationship and job.  life is too short make the most of it and enjoy
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline Jessy

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:27 am »
Hi
Sorry you are in this situation,I cant really advise on the relationship but my take on it is "if you are having more downs than ups in this relationship then take a step back" also stop finding excuses for this man....he needs to man up.We can be friends if you like,I think you could use some one to talk to in the same situation.Isolation is not good for you.I live in Brighton South East England.We can chat on phone skype or by any means you  can.I hope to read from you .

Offline thepostergirl

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:13:39 am »
I agree with the other comments. I'm no professional therapist but it sounds like to me that you are staying out of guilt and the "what if's". Are you really ready to sacrifice yourself and your own happiness to make sure this man, an adult, does the right thing? People don't change unless they want to change. I would hate that taking care of him would make you more sick. I've learned an extremely hard lesson these past few years and that is sometimes the people in our lives aren't permanent fixtures. Sometimes we're only meant to be in someones life for a brief moment. Don't at all feel guilty about having to take care of yourself first and don't fall for guilt trips. I hope this didn't sound too harsh but I believe that at this moment it needs to be about YOURSELF. You'll make it through this - we're all stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Believe in yourself. With love, me
Diagnosed : October 2012
CD4 count high
Viral load 19,600
Started Stribild
Viral load is now undetectable

Offline jm1953

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:52:28 pm »
I agree with other members have posted.  Your story sounds much like mine.  I have been in a long distance relationship for seven years with another HIV individual who is not financially sound.  We both had HIV when we met via the internet, unlike your situation, but became very close.  We flew back and forth to see each other the first few years on my dime.  Then my father died and lot's was happening with my health too.  He too has had many health and financial problems.  As such, I have been helping support him for years.  But a relationship has to be somewhat balanced, and you do have to look after yourself number 1 as other members have said.  After a request for me to provide travel monies for him after I had already sent him a check he broke it off with me.  Granted it was long distance, granted we hadn't seen each other in five years but talked on the phone every day.  But now I realize it was probably the best thing for me anyway.  I miss his friendship and conversations, but ultimately if he felt the realtionship was just going to be about me supporting him, I think it was the best for both of us.  I look at it as a door closing, and perhaps a new one opening in the future.  I'm trying not to feel guilty as I feel I gave and gave and gave.  Please do what you feel right for yourself and your own health and well being.  You owe yourself that.  Just some food for thought.  That is what this forum is all about. 

Best to you,

JM
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:57 am »
Jm , I think you didn't realize you were posting in the Women's forum ... if us guys post here it wouldn't be the women's forum . I think you get the point .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.