Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:15:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: True Blood 4 is here, suckaz...  (Read 21241 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
True Blood 4 is here, suckaz...
« on: June 10, 2011, 08:00:50 pm »
Was gonna post this on the older thread for season 3, but it is way too old.

So that you can get a mini-fix for your addiction here's a six minute preview for the new season.  Them fairies are up to no good.

Just two weeks and the full episodes will be here  :-*
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: True Blood 4 is here, suckaz...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:19:14 pm »
I only watch Countess LuAnn!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:25:04 pm »
Them fairies are up to no good.
thanks for the link to this new vid.
oooooooooo. i'm drooling in anticipation of this season. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 02:37:28 am »
Ok so I have to admit I wasn't thrilled about the Fey storyline, but Maab being introduced and the whole thing being a giant fucking trap has me interested again.  Also why are they so shocked that Sookie can channel some sort of life force?  I was under the impression they could all do it, but I guess not.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:28:14 am »
There had better be lots of sex.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:56:52 am »
I think we'll get season four not long after you guys, unlike in previous seasons. FX has taken over the UK rights and they seem to get shows a couple weeks after their initial airing in the States. They just had a reshowing of all three seasons (and it just finished running this past Tuesday) and they usually only do that when the new series is about to happen. I'm excited!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:30:38 am »
I think we'll get season four not long after you guys, unlike in previous seasons. FX has taken over the UK rights and they seem to get shows a couple weeks after their initial airing in the States. They just had a reshowing of all three seasons (and it just finished running this past Tuesday) and they usually only do that when the new series is about to happen. I'm excited!

Hope you have been able to watch it.  Girl, you gotta get with the times and torrent that shit.  This season is starting to show some promise.  

So far in a nutshell:

- Necromancy
- Lots of shape shifting
- Jessica is being naughty and you gotta love her for it
- Tara is more bad-ass than she's evah been
- There's a new king in town
- A certain vampire had his memory erased by some witch
- Cute evil babies
- Faries are not as sweet as people think

And a lot more :)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:14 am »
Many characters have sexier clothes.   ;D

Bill's house as decorated to befit his king stutus  >:(  (Cheese-assy!  Scarface vibe about this whole subplot.)

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 10:14:51 am »
torrent that shit.
especially since HBO releases the show earlier than the scheduled time on HBOGO. I've been finding it posted online a couple hours before 9p on Sundays these last couple of weeks.

some useless trivia: the fangbanger Jessica was sucking was in a 2008 movie called "Dream Boy" (a  gay-themed romantic drama).

I loved Eric's closing line in last nite's "You smell like dinner" ep. :D (lots of T & A last nite too ;) )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:03:26 pm »
Hope you have been able to watch it.  Girl, you gotta get with the times and torrent that shit. 

At the moment, I'm using a small-screened netbook. I'm happy to wait until I can record it on my Sky+ box and watch it at my leisure and FF through the adverts on my wide-screen. I'm sure it won't be long now and the anticipation just makes it all the more fun.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »
I find 720p to download. My summer would be improved if I could get it in HD. :)

Gonna start watching Treme too. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:30 pm »
Gonna start watching Treme too. 

Treme is excellent. I can't wait until season 2 airs.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:07 pm »
Any other southern gothic and/or New Orleans fare suggestions welcome.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »
Any other southern gothic and/or New Orleans fare suggestions welcome.

Maybe you have seen this, but Showtime's 2001 mini-series adaptation of Anne rice's The Feast of All Saints is quite good (follow teh link for several previews).  Good acting, not too bad from a historical angle, beautifully made, it is actually worth owning it.  Oh, and it happens to feature Jennifer Beals and Eartha Kitt, so I bet Ann would like it ;)

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
I like how they set up the Eric intrigue in Ep 2.  It's darker than the book. Sookie is in a much more dangerous position with Eric owning her house, and that super hi-tech tunnel to his lair, looking menacingly SM down that hole. 

Eric looked RAVISHING on the road, shirtless and lost. 

His face younger and innocent.  Good acting?  Good lighting? 

Is it a kick that Tara is with a woman? I am so blasé I didn't even register it the first Ep.  8)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
season 4 sneak peek just released at Comic-Con
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:48:50 pm »
I'm a little late in this thread, but I am loving this Season so far.  On a side note, all of the characters look great this year.  I hope we get more of Alcide!!! What a body.

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 08:44:24 am »
Not enough sex yet.  When do Sookie and Erik start boning already!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »
When do Sookie and Erik start boning already!
check out the frames at :12-:18 and 1:45-1:50 in sneak peek. ;)
they do it on the couch and in the bed

wonder if it's Tara or Debbie that shots Sookie?
I sure hope Jessica doesn't meet the true death
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 01:53:28 am »
Not enough sex yet.  When do Sookie and Erik start boning already!
while there still isn't really enough sex yet this season, Erik and Sook did the deed in woods in the "I wish I was the moon" ep. The shower scene from Charlaine's book (which was how these two first did it in the books) was hotter.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 12:36:32 pm »
Russell Edgington just got married - because it's legal in NY now!

http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/which_true_blood_vampire_just_married/255228
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:33 pm »
I LOVE True Blood <3! Is it me or did the last episode seem to go all over the fricken place? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was great but to me there wasn't enough focus on any of the events. And the Sooki and Eric sex scene just wasn't nearly long enough...at all, lol.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »
Is it me or did the last episode seem to go all over the fricken place? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was great but to me there wasn't enough focus on any of the events. And the Sooki and Eric sex scene just wasn't nearly long enough...at all, lol.

I felt the same way.  It was one of those "everything but the kitchen sink" kinda deals --and it lasted a full sixty minutes, which is not the usual for them.  Still, it was pretty good.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »
I agree too. While I enjoyed the episode, it made me think about what a large ensemble cast TB has - especially since nearly everyone was out and about. That made the show a whole bunch of vignettes with everything getting more complicated for everyone.

Heck! half the cast was out roaming around in the woods. LOL The only people we didn't see were the real were-panthers over in Hotshot. hmmm  ??? if alcide is living over in shreveport under a new packmaster, what were he and debbie doing out roaming around the woods (in people form and not wolf) behind Jason's house??
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:15 am »
Not enough sex yet.
hmmm. in the woods, clear back to the house, in the foyer, on the bed. was that enough sex now, mecch? LOL

omigod! Jason bet be saving Jess in the next epi. I sure was on pins and needles when this epi ended!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 02:26:55 pm »
yeah i was on the edge of my seat as well.  surely this can't be the end of jess.  snookie needs to keep her pants on, she is having way too much sex...lol   i'm jealous.   I still think hoyt is one of the sexiest guys on the show.  we need to start seeing him with less clothes.
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »
snookie needs to keep her pants on, she is having way too much sex...lol   i'm jealous.   I still think hoyt is one of the sexiest guys on the show.  we need to start seeing him with less clothes.
hmm, bill, eric, alcide? like sookie, I don't think I'd be keeping either my pants or their pants on if they were around me LOL and now that you mention it, Hoyt should get naked. Him and Jason could do something together rather than both of them drooling over Jessica. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:48 pm »
only one more ep to go.   ',..,'

the last couple of episodes have been pretty good, however there's a lot to go on in the next episode. got to finally get rid of Marnie, Lafayette's gotta learn how to keep the spirits out, and wonder what that fairy is up to with Andy??

one thing I noticed that didn't really pan out right this season - what's the deal with Mikey, the baby with the creepy doll? Sure Mavis was involved; but I don't think she wrote the message on the wall or set fire to Arlene and Terry's house, so there's still something creepy going on with Mikey. Rene's ghost perhaps??
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 06:06:54 am »
The last couple of episode haven't been convincing.  A lot of characters were involved in meaningless or rote plotlines, some of the writing was poor, and some of the line readings not very convincing as a result.  
The series fell apart in the last few episodes.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:32 am »
The last couple of episode haven't been convincing.
I thought the last couple of episodes came back from the previous 3 or 4 beforehand that sucked in the manner you described. I will say that some of the characters just don't seem like themselves - ie Sookie and Tara. Neither have had many lines and both seemed more shallow that usual. You're right too about some meaningless plot lines - ie Mikey as the creepy baby, Jason and the werepanthers in Hot Shot, Andy and V, and should I mention that the degenerative curse on Pam that seems to have vanished long before Marnie was dead.

To be honest, all in all this hasn't been a good season. I wonder if straying from the books this much has done the show in.

on the other hand, Pam has shown Eric and Bill to wimps around Sookie, and Alcide is a free man now. ;) Maybe Sookie can date someone that's alive for a change. LOL Wonder if they'll be bringing in Quinn (the weretiger from the books), so the weres will fight over Sookie next season. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline poz91

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:27 am »
The last couple of episode haven't been convincing.  A lot of characters were involved in meaningless or rote plotlines, some of the writing was poor, and some of the line readings not very convincing as a result.  
The series fell apart in the last few episodes.

...the whole season felt like they didn't really know which direction they wanted to take the show, it was all over the place in a very bad way.

Good news is that Alan Ball has promised we'll be saying goodbye to a lot of characters in the finale... hopefully that means they'll be reeling it in a bit next season and not trying to incorporate every kind of supernatural beastie imaginable into the show (I think the only thing they didn't throw at us this season was a leprechaun).

And I'm kinda with Pam on the whole "blah, blah, blah, vampire emergency, blah" sentiment... secretly hoping that Marnie's ghost is successful and kills off the majority of the vampire population.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »
Quite disappointed with this season indeed.  It started off with plenty of promise and has become a big debacle.

This show is supposed to be about five or six main characters (Sookie, Bill, Sam, Jason, Tara --and Eric).  Lately they have focused so much on the supporting cast that they have completely neglected a couple of them (Tara was rather pointless this season) and turned the show into a big circus.  Who gives a fuck about Andy and Holly?  The Alcide and biker werewolf pack storyline was just blah.  Arlene was not funny at all this season.  The werepanthers plot?  Garbage.  The fairies BS?  Why did they even bother having that in the first episode? Sam's brother, whatever his name was, sucked the big one.  Etc, etc, etc.

If it is true that they're gonna eliminate some characters then hopefully it won't be Tara, Sam, Pam, or Jessica.  Give them better lines and more camera time.   They can do away with Andy, Holly, Hoyt, and even Alcide --who has become a big bore. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 07:44:50 pm »
The werepanthers plot?
I can't imagine why they dropped that and didn't turn Jason into a werepanther like in the books. Doh!

even Alcide --who has become a big bore. 
no, not Alcide. He's hot. :-*

now that he's "divorced" from Debbie Pelt and that packmaster (whoever the hell he was/ just another secondary, non-book character) is dead, Alcide can ascend to being packmaster as he was in the books and get back some of his story line. Too bad it hasn't already been the book story line where Sookie kills Debbie and we only had to suffer with Debbie for about a book and a half. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 07:59:50 pm »
Frankly now that I've listened to most of the books, I don't mind if the TV show goes off those story lines.  A TV series is probably constructed differently than a serial novel.

I am watching Twin Peaks now.  Only 2 seasons!  And it faded during the second.

So I vote for throwing away the books but the writers figuring out how to make compelling and enjoyable characters in satisfying plots.  To think, the first season seemed to have something to say, metaphorically, about a lot.

Now I just want Pam and Eric to get the hell out of that town before their sexy is completely drained.  They should go to New Orleans or Dallas.  Or Cairo, like Susan Sarandon at the end of the Hunger.  Maybe if Pam and Eric went to Beirut they could meet up with Sarandon character and we could have cameos by Bowie and Deneuve.  Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

Marnie my ass.  That witch was fugly.  That menad character awhile back - hot fun!  

If we had to have a witch, couldn't it have been Selma Hayek possessing I dunno, say Sophie Ellis Bextor or Roisin Murphy?

Does anyone remember how amazingly hot Sherilyn Fenn was in Twin Peaks.

True Blood has hot male flesh but the women aren't sizzling.

Kirsten Dunst made a great evil little bitch vamp. 

Sookie is zzzzzzzzzzz this year.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:12:01 pm by mecch »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 08:11:51 pm »
Frankly now that I've listened to most of the books, I don't mind if the TV show goes off those story lines.  A TV series is probably constructed differently than a serial novel.

I am watching Twin Peaks now.  Only 2 seasons!  And it faded during the second.

So I vote for throwing away the books but the writers figuring out how to make compelling and enjoyable characters in satisfying plots.  To think, the first season seemed to have something to say, metaphorically, about a lot.

1. It's a good thing that they don't follow the books.  They need to get new writers however and fix this mess ASAP.  I'm sure that we're not the only ones hating this current season.

2. Twin Peaks, now that was a show --especially the first season.  And to think that I was only 14 when Lynch created that show.

3. The metaphors went out the window.  What used to be a culturally relevant show has tried too hard to please the audiences, hence the mess that they're in.

Michael, I used to love Alcide.  Maybe he'll be less boring without meth-head Debbie.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »
Maybe he'll be less boring without meth-head Debbie.
well, he did just slam that wolf-man to the floor killing him.
he's already less boring and that was just before he "abjured" her. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 02:49:27 am »
wow! probably the best episode of the season and it was the finale.

I kept reading online that someone from the past would be back and everyone kept speculating that it would be Russell. While he is out and about there somewhere now, all those other old faces and ghosts that popped up tonight were pretty cool. (although, shouldn't ghost Rene NOT be speaking with a Cajun accent since that was all just an act? LOL)

And how was that body count for tonight?? I mean not counting that one from the first part of the episode, there were like 6 in just the last few minutes of the show. :o We said goodbye to a lot of the cast tonight. :'(
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
Ok, I haven't read all the replys yet but all I can say right now is, holy fucking insane, batshit, hiliarious, sad traumatic, fucking finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline poz91

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »
"Zombies are the new Vampires"... setup for season five?

As much as I hated the idea of them introducing yet another supernatural element to the show (enough already lol), just as soon as Arlene said "zombies" I realised exactly why True Blood has lost a lot of its appeal for me... the local flavor that was so prominent and great in season one is completely gone.

You could pretty much take the current cast and script of TB and drop them in them in the middle of New York City and nobody would really much notice or care...

Setting a supernatural show in Louisiana and not bringing the area's unique superstitions and culture into the mix is like setting a show in Transylvania without any vampires... and I never quite understood why they didn't take LaFayette and Tara and their clan of crazy relatives in this direction to begin with? They started to with Tara's mom and the possum lady, then just abandoned it... and gave us Greek Maenads, Mexican demons, Benedictine witches, and Irish Faeries instead?!

...plus bringing Tara back as a zombie would be hilarious :)

Offline poz91

Tara is officially dead, but...
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:37 pm »
...she is coming back for season 5.

Let the speculation begin... what is she coming back as?

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/rutina-wesley-tara-finale-spoiler/

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »
argh! i'll go with zombie but bet on ghost.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »
argh! i'll go with zombie but bet on ghost.

I can't believe I'm asking about tv.  Is this that show you tried to get me to watch in Seattle?  Trying to follow that show made me feel "high".  Luckily I feel asleep almost immediately.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Tara is officially dead, but...
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 11:10:07 pm »

Let the speculation begin... what is she coming back as?

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/rutina-wesley-tara-finale-spoiler/

Thank you for sharing.  This is good to know, though I can't see how they're gonna bring her back.  As a zombie?  As a ghost? Maybe she gets adopted by Sookie's fairy family?

I'm probably the one only one here who hated last night's season finale.  The way that they finally got rid of Marnie was rather cheesy (and far too easy) IMO.  Antonia's change of heart was too extreme to be even remotely credible.  And how the hell did Marnie manage to get both Eric and Bill tied up?  Of course they didn't show that scene cause it didn't make sense.  

Then there was the scene with Sookie breaking up with both of her lovers.  It was rather melodramatic for a show that thus far I had not considered as such.  Oh, and Rene's ghost with his fake Cajun accent (somehow thicker than what it used to be during the first season)?  Meh.  And the return of that awfully boring pastor, this time as a vampire?  Why, why, why?

I guess I'm ok with Jesus getting killed, but why did they have to mess with my homegirl?  Not only did she get the shittiest lines this season, they had to blow her brains the fuck up.  Fuckers.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:12:27 pm by Rev. Moon »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:31 pm »
I'm probably the one only one here who hated last night's season finale.
Why, why, why?
I only really like this final episode (and maybe the couple before it) because it was a little action packed and it brought an ending to a rather dreadful season. So many plot holes, so many characters, so many loose ends, lots of bad lines and not enough focus.

oh and Marnie probably used her necromancer ways to make Bill and Eric climb up on the pile of kindling. Or did she only have those powers when inhabited by Antonia?? those plot holes are confusing. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 11:45:00 pm »
Is this that show you tried to get me to watch in Seattle?
Luckily I feel asleep almost immediately.
yes. this was that show. I think it was the episode when Sookie and Eric were doing it.
and I thought you feel asleep for a whole other reason though.  8)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 12:02:14 am »
I think it was the episode when Sookie and Eric were doing it.
and I thought you feel asleep for a whole other reason though.  8)

A) He was exhausted from a long day of fun in Seattle?
B) Too much white zin?
C) He spanked the wolfie while watching those two going at it and got the post-j/o zzz's?
D) A sucky, sucky, sucky season?
E) All of the above?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:11 am »
It wasn't too much white zin, I found out the first couple of nights how expensive that was.  I learned about Manhattans and Lavender Martinis.  And some other drinky things. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »
Maybe, because I am such a big fan of the books.  This season though was so dissapointing to me.  Because the things I liked about the books, got all jumbled in the show.  What happened at the very end had me going into nerd rage lol. 

However, my lost girl is back on with no books to spoil my vision and the start of a second season I am content.  Plus...Vampire Diaries tonight (I know more of a YA show, but I like it about midway thru second season it really grabbed ahold of me).
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline mecch

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »
They should bring those two ice queens from Damages on over to True Blood.  Glen Close could slay with her evil looks.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »
I guess I'm ok with Jesus getting killed, ..

I am STILL not getting over that.. I was hoping at least we got to see at least one hot sex(y) scene of him with Lafayette this season. NO, they killed him .. without showing some credible sex between those two now their relationship just feels somewhat like a bromance..
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.