HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

HIV in relation to WBC

(1/9) > >>

lance:
hey, hope ur doing fine!!! anyway, m also a filipino but currently working here abroad.
it's my firstime to post a message in this forum. honestly, m experiencing also the symptoms of HIV while m working here abroad, expecially right now. i dont know wat to do coz i dont know where is the testing center here. and honestly m very  afraid right know.
but maybe dis week i will go for it. anyway,. my purpose of this message is this:....
    hoestly, i think i was exposed to this virus during my time der in the philippines so i think u can help me in preventing it coz i know where i got this virus....especially ur engage in AIDS organization.
let me start, i am working here abroad for about 1yr. my exposure is 1 and 8 months i think. m a person who is not sexually active. honestly, its my 3rd time to have sex at the age of 25. so, it means that i am so ignorant. but luckily, i think i got it. so, through this i can trace the place where i got it so u can ask the health department der to conduct a STD/HIV test to that area.
it is in BATANGAS CITY PIER...prostitution is very active in that place so pls ask the deparment of health to conduct this. ok,  just to protect the youth and save lives in that place coz in my barangay, the youth is always telling stories about their experience having sex with girls in that place. and honestly, its my first time to go there and i think m infected.
maybe someday when i return home, i'll join the organization of AIDS also but honestly, m a MAN.
but, first i will make a test maybe this week. hope u pray for me.
hope u will be able to read this coz this and do my favor. thanks a lot.
god bless and have a healthy life....

Ann:
Lance,

I removed the two posts you made in other forums and placed them here, in the Am I Infected forum, which is the only place you should be posting as you have not tested positive. Please read the Welcome Thread and read our forum posting guidelines. This is the ONLY thread you should post in. Thank you for your cooperation.

Symptoms, or even the lack of symptoms, mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to hiv. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing at the appropriate time.

You need to test at three months after your last unprotected incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

lance:
hello experts
   kindly help me!!! i am 27 yrs old. male and from the philippines but currently working here abroad.
   my case is that i am experiencing a lot of symptoms of HIV. i have a swollen lymphnodes, rashes, night sweat, etc. my posible exposure is 1yr and 8 months ago to a sex worker girl in my country. i didnT used condom and after a week, there is a white liquid discharging from my penis so i go to doctor and just give me antibiotics but he didn't explain the name of that STD.  after taking all the medicines, the discharging stopped. however, my concern right know is HIV especially that i am experiencing all the symptoms.  it is very difficult for me to get tested because i am working abroad and the people here don't know how to speak english. the only thing that i can give is my CBC count coz we have a medical check-up in the company.
  kindly help me, coz my WBC- white blood count has abnomalities. it is higher, four months ago it is 9.0H and right now it is 11.5H. what is the relation of HIV to the white blood count?  does it affect the values of WBC?  pls help me!!! tnks a lot

Andy Velez:
Hi Lance,

Neither your WBC nor any symptoms past or present will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. When there has been a risky incident such as unprotected intercourse, an HIV test is the ONLY way to know your HIV status accurately. 

Your risky incident was so far in the past that you can take an HIV test anytime now, (since it's long after the recommended 13 weeks waiting period), and get an accurate result.

HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It's significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. Given you had only one unprotected incident the odds are very much in your faovr that you will test negative.

You do need to learn from this experience. You can have intercourse as often as you like and with as many different partrners, whether civilians or professionals, just as long as you ALWAYS, without exception, wear a latex condom. With a condom on it doesn't matter if your partner is HIV+ or not. Condoms do the job as far as HIV is concerned.

Get yourself tested and collect what I expect will likely be a negative result.

Good luck.

Cheers,

lance:
 thanks a lot. i will follow ur advice so maybe this april 22, i will go back to my country to get tested. i am just really concern about the symptoms  i am experiencing right know. so, whether the result is positive or negative, i will continue praying for all the HIV+ people. thanks again and god bless

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version