Main Forums > Living With HIV

How do you cope with being alone?

(1/9) > >>

someone somewhere:
I have great friends yes but no one special in my life.I stay busy and i try not to think about it to much.

But i am going to admit l am really lonely at times. Did do the on line thing for a bit but it was not for me at all.

I have looked for groups for straights in my area and l am finding nothing.

I know so many are hidden away.

Anyone have any advice to give?

bear60:
Its tired but true.....the more involved you are in your community,....whatever that means to you......the more you come into contact with others, share experiences and find fullfillment. 
I know you have organizations to become involved with near you....from senior citizens to day care to religious to sports. 
What activities interest you?

blondbeauty:
We are all alone. We only have ourselves.

bear60:

--- Quote from: blondbeauty on June 18, 2006, 01:59:20 PM ---We are all alone. We only have ourselves.

--- End quote ---
Its true that we are all alone in the sense that we strive to be happy and accepting of ourselves.
  But I was trying to say that meeting people and having human contact is often missing from our lives.  If you only reach out with the computer, you miss out on the human contact...hugging and laughing etc

Ann:
someone,

My advice to you would be don't think you can only have a relationship with an hiv positive man. There's many of us who are in poz/neg relationships - I am. Hiv really isn't an issue between us. Sure, there's some things he'll never understand, but I've got all you guys plus other positive friends to fill that particular gap. We can't be everything to our lovers no matter what our hiv status is. There are some things I'll never be able to understand about his life, so as far as I'm concerned it's a trade-off, a balance and all part of life's rich pattern.

So yes, put yourself out there and meet new people. You never know what's around the corner until you get out there and go around the corner.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version