HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

What you think?

<< < (2/2)

lukas1983:
I forgot tell you about my sex partner status is positive that why i'm worry about me status

RapidRod:
So far you've tested below the radar. You more than likely will slip through this time. Make sure you always use latex condoms and water base lube from here on out. See Ann's links...

Ann:
Lukas,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult virus to transmit and more so from a woman to a man. The odds are significantly in your favour of testing negative.

You need to be using condoms every time you have anal or vaginal intercourse. Difficult to transmit does not mean impossible. My own partner and I were together for a year and a half before we discovered that I am hiv positive and during that time we did not use condoms. He remained hiv negative. We DO use condoms now, because hiv infection is nothing to take chances with. He is still hiv negative.

It would be very unusual for you to go on to test positive after the negative result you have had at nearly six weeks. So really, our advice has not changed. You need to test again at the end of the window period, but I still fully expect you to receive another negative result.

Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence. Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version