Main Forums > AIDS Activism

need your comments on aids-write.org report on 6/14 ahf not fab forum

<< < (3/3)

allopathicholistic:
Poignant and moving - again. In my humble opinion, Mr. Cameron will come to terms with Mr. Gladwell's death --but it will take a long time. He did try to help him. I understand Cameron's sadness in the context of "I could have and should have done more" ..... The fact was: Gladwell was too afraid, his equation was dreadfully complex. We can all select events from our past and think "I could have done more" but we're not perfect. And how do we know exactly when we should do more, and for whom? for everyone?? ? One could argue (however extreme and silly) that none of us should have a bank account, food in our refrigerator, a car, clothes - that all those resources belong in other, more needy hands. who defines and determines 'needy'?? who determines if 'joe" is needier than "jack"? the questions are *endless*. I suppose gut feeling is a big factor. one could say this is a confounded world we live in, and while there's truth to that, there are also undeniable rays of light. apparently Cameron's journey is moving him toward the light ---but he's crying rivers in the process. a cleansing of his soul maybe? ...just curious, when you're reading his books, do you cry rivers?? they seem profoundly emotional based on the excerpts.

rk@aids-write.org:
alex--

yes, i weep heavily and deeply when reading cameron. while it may be cleansing, it is also exhausting. but i'm that way when i'm writing stuff too--the whole range from deep sorrow to laughter and dance. i am not a dispassionate john le carre.

one of cameron's themes seems to be inner & outer aids. when we come out to others, we come out to ourselves. we seek healing for the inner condition and the outer condition of aids.

--lyr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version