POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 06:22:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24072
  • Latest: Esfesf
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647682
  • Total Topics: 49360
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 106
Total: 109

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Michigan and Florida DO NOT COUNT? Clusterfuck Central!!!! Enough  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Jeffreyj

How On God's green Earth, can The Democratic Party of The United States Of America, IGNORE these two states, and tell the  citizens of these states  that they will not be participating in this years Democratic Primary.

This is an OUTRAGE

This is a DISGRACE

THIS IS A CLUSTERFUCK.

Please MR DEAN, swallow your pride. Stick the rules you have and shove them up your ASS.

I realize this might be difficult since YOUR HEAD IS UP YOUR ASS at the moment.

BUT WORK IT THE FUCK OUT YOU EGOTISTICAL FUCKWAD.

All of the states should be included in your Presidentail Primary. DUH

Sometimes I wonder.

I am going to try to Register as an In dependant for the upcoming election. I have had it up to my ears in these two disfunctional political parties. I'm done.

I'm going to become an in dependant. This is simply an outrage.

Anyone care to join me? I know you smart ones are Indy's already.

At least my head is out of my ass now. Good Grief!

And this ain't all...Wait until the "Super Deligates" get involved....Clusterfuck Part 2

Positive since 1985

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Michigan and Florida DO NOT COUNT? Clusterfuck Central!!!! Enough
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
I have to agree.  It's really rich to hear Democrats harping to this day about "stolen elections" and "unfair voting practices" and "the disenfranchised" while rolling out this superdelegate bullshit.  I don't get it.  Of course, the cry from Dems is that this Michigan / Florida situation is at the Republican's feet for forcing these primaries too early or something or other.  Regardless, I don't see how any claim of a fair election can be made with such an obvious problem.

And I completely agree that our 2 party system SUCKS.  It absolutely sucks.  I think this country desperately needs to break from the lock it's created.  Everything is about one upmanship between the two parties rather than what is truly in the best interest of the nation's population.  And just having the two major parties has pulled everything into left/right extremes.  But it's largely our own damn fault since we collectively lack the nuts to vote in force behind third party candidates - who are out there.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »
Got news for ya.  In countries with multiple parties people still complain.  Frankly having only two parties keeps things from getting too extreme.  Imagine if we had ANOTHER party further to the right than the current crop of Republicans, and that they actually won stuff.

::shudder::

I do, however, agree that the super-delegate stuff has to go.  This primary is just messy because there are two very, very strong candidates.  I don't recall things playing out like this ever, at least in my lifetime of voting.

I also want to get rid of caucuses and just have straight primaries in every state.  And I want the first slots currently monopolized by Iowa and New Hampshire to be rotated every four years. 
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
Just remember Democratic nominee, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. The Democratic primaries are a picnic compared to what the Republicans will throw at us. Get a listen to McCain's spiritual guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tViqufbk7I8

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
Just remember Democratic nominee, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. The Democratic primaries are a picnic compared to what the Republicans will throw at us. Get a listen to McCain's spiritual guide.

I kept waiting for him to bring out the snake handlers.... ::)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »

eep.  that little Hammond organ riff made me giggle.  
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
Actually, the whole thing almost made me laugh.  Only one thing kept it from being humorous - the fact that so many people believe this crap.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 06:27:37 PM »
Hello Jeffrey,

I can only tell you there are plenty of pissed off people, down here in Florida. I am sure it's the same in Michigan. I also believe Barack Obama's name wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan.

This all started when the Florida Republican legislature, wanted to advance Florida's primary to the last Tuesday in January. With the swipe of a penstroke, by Republican Governor Charlie Crist, it was moved to that last Tuesday in January, with the governor knowing full well, that the Democratic National convention was in opposition to this move. This governor is just as guilty for arranging this. It was rumored that he may be McCain's VP, but I don't believe that is possible.

If they decide to have another vote down here, it will cost 20 million to accomplish this. I don't know if this cost ( if this happens) will be split by the state and the Democratic party, or even if it will occur.

We're watching this closely down here. There is more to this, than what I've stated. I just woke up, I am not completely alert yet !!

EDITED : This is an older link, also explaining this clusterfuck :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18783378/

Take care----Ray
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 06:32:01 PM by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of 8/25/14,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 12:00:56 AM »
How On God's green Earth, can The Democratic Party of The United States Of America, IGNORE these two states, and tell the  citizens of these states  that they will not be participating in this years Democratic Primary.

I agree that this is ridiculous.  But -- why the sudden outrage?  This has been known since last May.

This "superdelegate" crap really chaps my hide.  All delegates are not created equal?  That's bullshit and
makes the party insiders look like elitists.  >:(

In Texas, one does not register with any party affiliation.  If and when you choose to vote in a primary, your
voter card is stamped with that party you choose to vote with.  That then allows you in the party's caucus after
the primary -- the "Texas Two-Step":  primary and caucus.   ::)   Every 2 years, you get a new voter card with
a blank party affiliation.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
I hope they don't waste money and time completing a revote in Florida and Michigan.  It's not going to change anything.  Both candidates will split the votes and delegates almost evenly.  If Texas and Ohio didn't resolve anything, it's unlikely Florida and Michigan will.  Let's just finish up and go to the convention and let the Superdelegates decide.

Florida and Michigan moved up their primaries against the wishes of the DNC AND the Republicans.  And they are being punished accordingly (the Republicans  are removing half their vote).  If people are pissed, they should be pissed at their state politicians and get them to fix it for next time around.  Otherwise, every state is going to start pulling forward their primaries just to get more political clout in choosing the next President.

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

If people are pissed, they should be pissed at their state politicians and get them to fix it for next time around.  Otherwise, every state is going to start pulling forward their primaries just to get more political clout in choosing the next President.

Can't argue with you here.  Your absolutely right Cliff,  this has got to be changed, this is what got us into this clusterf*** . When Florida moved their primary, Michigan followed next.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of 8/25/14,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »
I know this will outrage the "states rights" brigades, but I'd really love to have the entire voting process in the general election federalized.  And while the separate political parties have separate rules for primaries, I think the Dems need to standardize it all.  I don't like how some states have open primaries and others have closed ones.  Myself, I prefer a closed one.  I heard somewhere that approximately 8% of the vote in Texas were actually Republicans voting in the Dem primary and that Rush Limbaugh had been broadcasting over and over for them to go vote for Hillary.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.