Main Forums > Living With HIV

The third time's the charm

<< < (2/3) > >>

david25luvit:
Ted...Believe me when I tell you I can relate.  And I've heard the same thing about the nerve but lucky for
me she missed it.  I just did labs last Monday and she stuck me a total of seven times before she finally found
a bleeder in my hand.  Yes...she used a butterfly.  My veins are so bad...so many knots from previous "intraveneous
activities" and of course they roll so bad.  They keep threatening to go into my foot but so far we've always
managed to find one (So Far)  Sorry to hear about your misadventure at the clinic... :P

Oceanbeach:
I can relate...

Having lived in a Title II jurisdiction where good help is hard to find, I had noticed over the years that certain nurses were afraid to draw blood.  One of those aforementioned nurses whose name will be forever confidential exploded one of my veins (or at least it made a very loud pop).  Ordinarily, I would go ballistic but the Case Manager (also a nurse) and one of my close friends happened to be in the room visiting with me at the time so, I pretended it happens all the time.

I did ask an RN about track marks once because I have been a pin cushion at Clinica De Blood for almost 12 years and don't have any marks.  I had made a comparison to a guy I knew who was a Heroin addict and has little volcanoes on his arms.  The answer was simple, frequency of injections.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Steven:
My motto is if they miss the first time then I'm outta there!
They have to wait two weeks and I'll find another "vampire" who knows what they are doing .
I aso informed my doc of this and he backs me all the way.
BTW if you go to the hospital to visit your vampire and they miss the veins all you do it notify the sign in desk and you are not charged for their mistakes.

I am not their pin cushion for the day and they are not allowed to practice on me.  >:(

ademas:

--- Quote from: Steven on June 16, 2006, 07:53:35 PM ---My motto is if they miss the first time then I'm outta there!
They have to wait two weeks and I'll find another "vampire" who knows what they are doing .
I aso informed my doc of this and he backs me all the way.
BTW if you go to the hospital to visit your vampire and they miss the veins all you do it notify the sign in desk and you are not charged for their mistakes.

I am not their pin cushion for the day and they are not allowed to practice on me.  >:(

--- End quote ---

BIG DITTO!

I've only had to ask once, but I wouldn't hesitate to ask again.

I have good veins.  They're easy to see and real "gushers".  If you can't hit it on the first try, you don't get another shot at it.  End of story.

xox

whizzer:
Gee, I've never had a nurse or NP draw blood.  It's always one of the phlebotomists at the lab - and they are very, very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version