Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

First Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities

(1/1)

tuggem:
My name is Ron Hudson, a 20+ year survivor of HIV/AIDS from North Carolina and a blogger who writes about my experiences with the disease.  I have just initiated a new blog carnival for people living with HIV/AIDS around the world at www.internationalcarnivalofpozitivities.blogspot.com.  I would like to request submissions of your blog entries for this blog carnival, volunteers for hosting future editions and dissemination of information about this fledgling effort.  Details of this Carnival can be found at the aforementioned link.

For those unfamiliar with blog carnivals, think of a roaming magazine.  A person volunteers to host an edition of the carnival and then people send in blog entries from their own weblogs to that host.  The host then writes a sort of article that summarizes all of the various submissions and then posts it on his or her personal blog.

The benefit to the host and to the submitters is that there is an increase in traffic to their sites and they earn a lot about presenting information in their blogs.  You also learn about the topic of the carnival by reading and summarizing all of the entries for your edition.

If you would like to see examples, I just hosted the Tar Heel Tavern, a blog carnival for writers from or who write about North Carolina, and the Carnival of Bent Attractions for LGBTQ people.  You can find these carnivals at http://ronhudson.blogspot.com/2006/06/68th-edition-of-tar-heel-tavern_11.html and http://ronhudson.blogspot.com/2006/06/seventh-edition-of-carnival-of-bent.html, respectively.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  i will be hosting the first edition of this new carnival in July at my own website, 2sides2ron.

Ann:
Hi Ron,

I've moved your thread from the Forums Gathering forum to the Off Topic forum. The Forums Gathering forum is for threads that directly deal with this years AIDSmeds Gathering in Montreal.

Ann

Ann:
Ron,

I just realised you have already posted this exact same thread in this forum and in the Blog Comment forum as well.

Please do not post the same thread over and over in different forums - this is considered spamming. I'm going to lock this thread and also remove the thread from the Blog Comment forum. One thread on this subject in Off Topic will suffice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version