HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

still anxious after testing.

(1/1)

paranoid77:
i just wondering whether, despite the level of your exposure (high or low risk), how good is a 4 month negative.

my exposure in on Jan 06', and i been told previously that my exposure were considered as low to none. Nonetheless, i got tested on the 6 week, 13 week and recently on the 4 month mark. All of it came back to be negative. on the 13 weeks, i discover i had chlamydia (thru blood test), the doctor then prescribe me with doxy for a week, and by the 4 month its gone.

it just also happen (at this moment!), i been having all this itchiness and muscle ache, which making me started to doubt my negative result. forget to mention, prior to that i also suffer from a bad flu, fever, rashes on my forehead, tingling sensation, white coated tongue. But not that severe.

my question, should i by any mean doubted my 4 month result?

also, is there anyone since year 00' using 3rd generation ELISA had came back with positive after a 4 month negative?

do you think i should take another test? i don't know why, but i have this difficulties accepting my negative result.

by the way, sorry for my poor English.

RapidRod:
Your four months test is conclusive. You are HIV negative. No need to further test. If you are having any other concerns about signs and symptoms please take them up with your doctor. HIV is not the cause..

Ann:
Paranoid,

Not only is your four month test result conclusive, so was your thirteen week result. It doesn't matter how high or low your risk was, thirteen weeks is conclusive no matter what.

And by the way, you were told in your original thread to these forums that you never had a risk of hiv infection in the first place. You never needed to test and so it is no surprise that your result was negative.

You may have become infected with chlamydia through getting a blowjob. However, you cannot become infected with hiv through a blowjob. No way. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection.

You are hiv negative. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lessons links and please also read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version