Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

The Story so far...

(1/1)

NewYorkKat:
Well this has been going on but more updates are in the works.

I had a anal pap smear done and they found "something". So a piece was taken out to see if it was cancerous but so far no call yet. I pray it's nothing. (The after efect HURTS like HELL!)

While doing browsing on the internet, I find the Aaron Diamond AIDS research Center not far from my school. They are conducting a study with newly diagnosed and they give free blood tests.

My CD4 count dropped from 744 in Dec to 495. However the percetage went up slightly from 21% to 22% (Good or bad? Anyone let me know)

I didn;t get my VL yet but let's see what happens. A few people told me my T cell went down probably from stress and that it flucuates in everyone.

I will keep you guys posted and any new news!

Thanks!

Central79:
Hey

Sorry your bum hurts. I hope you come back all clear - I'm certainly not looking forward to anal cancer screening becoming the standard of care in the UK!

I wouldn't worry about your drop in CD4. I had something similar on my last blood tests. It's basically because only a small fraction of your white blood cells are in your blood (and picked up in the blood test) at any one time. They move in and out of the blood depending on lots of things, and studies show they vary, normally, by up to 40%.

Your percentage is good. It's basically the proportion of your white blood cells that are CD4. If CD4 cells move in/out of the blood they do it with all the other WBCs. So if the % stays the same, it means that that has happened, rather than HIV clobbering a whole lot of them. If CD4 % decreases, it's down to HIV activity.

Hope you get better soon.

Matt x.

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: NewYorkKat on February 12, 2007, 12:31:46 PM ---Well this has been going on but more updates are in the works.

I had a anal pap smear done and they found "something". So a piece was taken out to see if it was cancerous but so far no call yet. I pray it's nothing. (The after efect HURTS like HELL!)

--- End quote ---

Hi, we applaud you for your courage in getting an anal pap smear done. It's something alot of people avoid for fear or other reasons ...We also pray it's "nothing" honey, or nothing serious. Whatever the case may be you should know that Doctor Goldstone http://www.thebody.com/bios/sgoldstone.html has an oustanding reputation as a leading authority on all things anal-medical so keep that in your mental "file".

In the Living With HIV forum there's a somewhat long thread but it might be of interest to you. It's called "Damn HPV" http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6391.0

Alex
allopathicholistic

AustinWesley:
Hey NewYork,

I wouldn't panic from one test although I do also feel stress can greatly contribute to a drop.  My largest drop from 627 to 409 occured during a stress peak of 2 months.

Your percent went up by a point so that's good.   No major change.

I'm glad you brought up this topic.   I see two other people gave you links to some information about anal pap smears.  Honestly, I wasn't aware of these myself until I came across this thread yesterday
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6391.0

The thread I gave you is indirectly related with information about anal pap smears.   

Your counts sound good thus far, but I wouldn't base anything on one set.   You should have a few to determine where you are and what is your doctor saying?   

Hope I was of some help.

Wesley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version