HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Can early infection of HIV fail syphilis treament?

(1/1)

worriedone:
Hi,

After a possiblie exposure(read my previous post at: http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=587.0) I was confirmed of having infected by syphilis as my VDRL test came back reactive with 1:16 titre. My anti HIV test EIA method came back -ve while Hep B surface antigen also came back -ve. The TPHA test also came back +ve confirming i'm infected with syphilis. This was in week 5.

After that I took treatment for syphilis. My doctor said it's going to be a month treatment. First he gave me a Penicillin jab and some medication for 2weeks. During the 2 weeks i had tinglish feeling on and off muscle & joint pain. I got mouth ulser too.

After the 2 weeks I was given another Penicillin jab and somemore medication. My medication will end this monday(19 June 06) but I'm not seeing 6 Maculopapular type of rash which doesn't itch. I do have light tinglish feeling and also light muscle pain.

Now my question is:

Is it possible if I've coinfection of HIV & syphilis? Is possible because of that my syphilis treatment failed?
Can early infection of HIV fail syphilis treament?

I know this is HIV forum, thats why I'm asking you'll can HIV infection get the syphilis treatment to fail thats why i'm still getting the rash. or is it just the rash is normal n will go away? Please someone help me.

Thanks

jkinatl2:
Please keep all new questions in your original thread, I responded there.

Ann:
worried,

It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. With this in mind, I'm locking this one so you can return to your original thread

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version