HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Y so many Symptoms?

(1/1)

ScaredStil:
After an unprotected encounter with a girl I barely knew, I experienced every symptom in the book. I tested negative out to 5 months but am wondering is it normal for some one to experience as many symptoms as i did, and test negative. Heres a list.

Extremely swollen glands in armpit, groin and neck. Constent fatigue, white patches on tongue and inside of cheeks, vomiting, dizziness, purple blotch on scalp, diarrea, very painful rash on groin, boil on groin area, dry skin on ears, dry skin on body, hot and cold sweats at night.

I know all of that sounds ridiculous, but I am not exagerating one bit and all of it occured at the same time.

RapidRod:
You should look elsewhere for the causes being it doesn't involve HIV. You are negative..

Ann:
scared,

We see this symptom list all the time, but what we rarely ever see is someone actually testing positive. Stress really does a number on the body and it's hardly surprising that people begin to feel ill when stressing out about hiv 24/7, for weeks.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

And if you haven't already, please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lesson links found there.

You are absolutely, reliably hiv negative. Use condoms for intercourse and you will stay that way. It really is that simple!

Ann

Andy Velez:
Scared, once you have tested negative at a reliable point, as you have, then all the symptoms in the world do not change the fact that you are reliably HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Neither your symptoms nor the fears your mind continues to churn up change that fact.

Talk to your doctor about what is going on. Whatever it is it is NOT HIV.

No kidding.

Cheers,   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version