POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632441
  • Total Topics: 47898
  • Online Today: 294
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pain in the Hips  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Lido

Pain in the Hips
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:30:39 PM »
Hallo
Is anyone experiencing pain in the hips. I have had too much pain in my right hips that at times i have to wake up in the night and take a painkiller. This has been going on for almost 1 year now.  I have discussed it with my doctor who has sent me for X-ray and MRI, they say they find nothing.
If there is someone who is going through this please advice me and what medicines are you taking to take away this pain.
Thanks

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
Re: Pain in the Hips
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 07:45:18 AM »
Hello Lido,

What medications are you currently on?

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 6/4/14,  t-cells are at 423, Viral load <40

Current % is at 13% 

62 years young.

Offline Lido

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
                                                                                                                                                          Hallo                                                                                                                                                     I just started with reyataz, viread and norvir i have been on this combo for less than 3 months. The hip pain started before the above medication when i was on Trizivir.

Offline Pippet

• Life is drawing without an eraser.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 12:38:56 PM »
The first week on Truvada and boosted Reyataz I had very bad pain in my left hip.  I was actually walking with a limp because of it.  It has gone away on its own.  My doc said it was not related to the meds at all.  (but I can't rely on anything he says.)  I just wrote it off as being 40.  Maybe there was more to it.
Hope you find the fix you need.

Take care and keep us informed.
Diagnosed Aug. 2006
CD4 246, VL 202,000
Started Truvada/ Viramune 11-23-06
Taken off meds 12-06-06 (Bad Rash)
Started Truvada/ Reyataz, Norvir 1-18-07
Taken off Norvir 3-1-07 (Jaundice)
New doc 3-22-07
CD4 229  VL 1031
My latest cocktail...  Truvada and Kaletra (4-6-07)
CD4 289 VL 350 (5-15-07)
CD4 308 VL 115 (8-06-07)
CD4 349 VL 511 (11-5-07)
CD4 489 VL 383 (2-4-08)
CD4 483 VL <50 (5-6-08) YEAH
CD4 545 VL 108 (9-12-08)
CD4 409 VL <48 (1-27-09) YEAH
CD4 505 VL <48 (5-20-09)
CD4 385 VL <48 (9-15-09)
CD4 609 VL  159 (2-28-10)

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 12:42:16 PM »
Hello Lido,

I was only on Trizivir for about a month back in 2004. I remember it being a difficult month, with a lot of body ache issues. Since I was already on Epivir and Ziagen, the only thing I could contribute the body aches I was getting, was due to the AZT portion of the Trizivir. When I stopped taking trizivir, I did much better.

Later on, Viread was added to my regimen, and I did get some hip pain for about a month or so, after starting on Viread. That eventually subsided. That's about all the info That I can share with you, as far as my experiences. I would continue to bring this issue up with your doctor, if things don't improve.

Take care of yourself---------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 6/4/14,  t-cells are at 423, Viral load <40

Current % is at 13% 

62 years young.

Offline Lido

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
Hei
Thanks guys i will inform you of my developments with the hip pains.

Offline alberche

• a distancia del mundo incierto, saludo mi suerte
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 02:47:52 PM »
Hiya Lido,

I also feel pain in my right hip. My doctor says that if it continues I will be prompted to a densitometry and also to some radiographies in order to see if there's any problem in my hip bones or joints.

I am on Truvada + Reyataz + Norvir.

Before, I was on Truvada + Sustiva, but I had to stop Sustiva due to severe skin rash and pain in joints, particularly in mi right hip, in my foot and elbows. When started the Reyataz combo pain subsided, but, the pain in the hip comes and go and sometimes is hard to sleep or to be just simply laid down.

I think maybe it is due to meds...

Please let us know what your doctor tells. I'll do the same.

Big hughs!!!
love is blindness...  a wonderful song!

Offline smalltown66

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
I too have experienced low back pain and hip pain. My doctor ordered a dexa scan, an xray to tell the thickness of your bones.
Now I have been diagnosed with oteoporosis and osteopenia.
Started fortical treatments.
Lifting the weight of the world sure is easier with others with the same goal.

Offline bimazek

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:14:26 PM »

i was having dinner with a new poz ffriend complaining about my hip problem and he can see sometime esp. when i start to walk i kind of limp alittle like my elderly mom, so he ask me when it started and then i realized that it got worse right around when my hiv was getting going

i guess that is first thing a dr asks when did it start, then i got really upset and depressed because i relized that this is an hiv related condition and i was thinking well the body and immune system has to repair stressed joints and maybe if i didnt have hiv this would have shown up when i was 70

it felt like i went from 45 to 75 in the last two years of being hiv
i was negative 3 years ago
my latest numbers was
and
vl
i am not on meds yet

please please post your experiences

is this going to get worse and worse, what is it,
i am not on meds
if i get to 350 then i will definitely get on meds haart

is some haart better for hip and joints than others

is it like a repetitive stress injury or
arthritic
or
what exactly?

what are the possibilities?

i cannot lay on my right side at all now in bed

when i sit along time and press on my hip bone socket, or right hip area then i kind of lip alittle until i get walking a few steps, it kind of throws off my gate, my walking gate

BobF

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
Hi Guys ... same issue here in terms of osteopenia/osteoperosis, so I also take Fosamax weekly and have an annual Dexa Scan to track how it's going.  I started having multiple stress fractures (feet and ribs) right about the time I was diagnosed poz in 05.   :-\

Bob

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
i was having dinner with a new poz ffriend complaining about my hip problem and he can see sometime esp. when i start to walk i kind of limp alittle like my elderly mom, so he ask me when it started and then i realized that it got worse right around when my hiv was getting going

i guess that is first thing a dr asks when did it start, then i got really upset and depressed because i relized that this is an hiv related condition and i was thinking well the body and immune system has to repair stressed joints and maybe if i didnt have hiv this would have shown up when i was 70

it felt like i went from 45 to 75 in the last two years of being hiv
i was negative 3 years ago
my latest numbers was
and
vl
i am not on meds yet

please please post your experiences

is this going to get worse and worse, what is it,
i am not on meds
if i get to 350 then i will definitely get on meds haart

is some haart better for hip and joints than others

is it like a repetitive stress injury or
arthritic
or
what exactly?

what are the possibilities?

i cannot lay on my right side at all now in bed

when i sit along time and press on my hip bone socket, or right hip area then i kind of lip alittle until i get walking a few steps, it kind of throws off my gate, my walking gate

Uh, bim -- you do NOT know if this has anything to do with HIV.  It could just be coincidental that it started when you were infected.  Not everything you encounter health-wise will be related to HIV infection, it may very well be something you would have encountered in life had you never been infected with HIV.

I assume you go to the doctor regularly to monitor your HIV even though you are not yet on HIV medications.  Care to tell us why you've not brought this issue up with a medical professional instead of worrying needlessly for THREE years?  If you can't lay on your right side in a bed that seems to me something you should be seeing a doctor about.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Lido

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »
Hallo again
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
I have finally got some results from MRI concerning the pain in my right hip.
My doctor said that i need Hip Replacement, am 51 years old, he says it is not due to the medicines for HIV. He cannot say what causes it. He adviced me to start with physio to delay the operation, as he says am still `young`to go for hip replacements. It might be that i can go for another hip replacement operation after 3 years. I started with warm water physio in the swimming pool and it has worked wonders. I feel better than before, although they is still a bit  very small pain I can sleep on my right side now without proplems.
So i can only say to those that have pain in their hips to try phsio excercises in warm water /swimming pool).
We are still going strong. Keep it up.
Lido

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.