HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Worried

(1/5) > >>

dontknow_much:
To start with, I had an acount in the previous forum with a similar login name, which I'm not able to log into, hence i had to create a new account. If there's a way to retrive the same I'd be glad to.(I tried searching the old posts also)

The cause of worry and concern, as I had mentioned in my earlier postings are:
1) Protected vaginal sex with sex worker approx 2 yrs back, no symptoms then, that I can recollect.
2)Protected oral(insertive) a year back, approx five days after which I had fever, then hospitalised and diagonised as Typhoid. While in the hospital i had a few night sweats, a white spot on the throat, and a rash on the penis.

Now I'm back since I've had a break out of what my GP diagonised as Hives. Get these itchy bumps which disappear in couple of hours, and it's been happening for more than a month. COuld this be a sign of HIV infection? Also my wife complains of being tired quite often, losing some hair and gastro issues. Of course she is unaware about the episodes and the possible cause. More than anything i'm haunted by the thought of having infected her. Please advise.

Thanks.

dontknow_much:
Sorry for the extra post, also worried about fingering before vaginal and having got vaginal fluids on my hand, which would have touched my penis. ....No condom failure that i recollect, though i did not put water and check. Also i'm not circumcised.

cflas:
you stated that you had protected vaginal and oral sex on both occasions mentioned here.  Protected sex is 'safe' sex.  Why do you think you'd have HIV after a situation in which both encounters were protected?

Hives can be related to many things and, it appears pretty obvious, that stress would be one of them. 

If you are that worried, no matter what we say here, you won't be satisfied (or shouldn't be satisfied) until you get tested.

jkinatl2:
Please reread the LESSONS section of this site regarding transmission. It is VERY thorough, and covers all the bases.

If there is not a caveat on the section, then there is NO HIV RISK associated with that behaviour. Seriously, do you honestly believe we HIDE risk factors from people?

Ann:
Don'tknow,

Everyone had to re-register - don't worry about your name being slightly different.

As you were told in your thread in the old forum you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection, no matter how many details you can think to add or what sort of spin you want to put on it.

The bottom line here is that you used condoms. Condoms have been proven to be very effective for preventing the transmission of hiv. Keep using those condoms and you will avoid hiv infection.

I hope you are aware that anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You did not have a risk of infection and the only reason to test would be as part of an annual, routine sexual health care check-up.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version