Main Forums > Living With HIV

Odd Numbers? Need advice again.

(1/3) > >>

Morton Salt:
Ok, so i have had 4 sets of test done now. I was diagnosed on Feb 19 2006.  Could not have been infected in the last 4 years. That would be impossible.  Anyway, all i have read on how numbers work, reading mine dont make much sense in the fact the my viral load is low and my cd4 count is low.  I am only on bactrim at the moment, and i have never ever been sick other than a common cold.  i have read somewhere that the actual normal range of cd4s for people are between 200-300, NOT THE UP TO 11OO as i have read everywhere else. Im just trying to find out all i can regarding these numbers and i read alot of conflicting reports.  currently i have low cd4 and low viral load.  Why would that be?  With a low cd4 count, shouldnt i have a high viral load?  Whats the deal with my hiv?  Here are my test numbers and dates, what the hells goin on here??????.....lol

2-20-06  CD4-163  VL 464  13.5%
2-28-06  CD4-241  VL 581  14.3%
3-30-06  CD4-189  VL N/A  13.8%
6-13-06  CD4-153  VL 835  11.2%
NO MEDS YET AND FEEL AS HEALTHY AND STRONG AS EVER.

I HAVE YET COME ACROSS NUMBERS LIKE THIS.     Shouldnt the VL be higher with a low cd4 count?   
~Morton

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: Morton Salt on June 15, 2006, 09:48:57 PM ---i have read somewhere that the actual normal range of cd4s for people are between 200-300, NOT THE UP TO 11OO as i have read everywhere else. Im just trying to find out all i can regarding these numbers and i read alot of conflicting reports. 
--- End quote ---

hi morton -Ive heard some hiv negative people can have 900 cd4 cells or even waaay more than that. i hope hivworker joins this thread

if I ever rise above 500 I will do all I can to not slip below

Sorry I can't be of much help

HIVworker:
While a low viral load is a good thing, it doesn't follow that the CD4 count will always be high. Normal CD4 counts are between 800-1200, not 200. It depends on how long you have been infected. There is a steady decline in CD4 levels so if you have had HIV for a while the CD4 count can be low - although I am a bit confused as to why the level is so low with such well controlled viral loads. I would definitely talk that one over with your infectious disease doctor, however it does depend on many factors.

R

Morton Salt:
I have discussed it with my doctor.  They have no idea.  Im going to make an appointment with an eastern doctor just to get there take on it.  I really would like to know hy my numbers are the way they are.... 
Thanks for your input.
~morton

HIVworker:
Just food for thought, do you know which HIV you have? It could be possible that you have one that isn't well recognized in the viral load test they are doing. Have they tried another test? Regardless of that, you should ask your doctor about the CD4 count as that has more significance for disease progression.

R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version